sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I like that torso - mine was just plain green and was a bit basic.

I saw yours and really liked it but as you say, it was a little basic. Not sure if this is too much the other way now tho!!

I tried to post some of my figures, but I couldn't get the pictures to work so I gave up and tried to delete this post but I couldn't figure out how so now this is here. .__.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

@numbah1nerd Post your images to an image sharing/uploading site like flickr or imgur, then use the button in the coment window with the little pic of a tree, put the url of your uploaded image in the window that pops up hit ok or whatever, you have inserted a pic to your post.

Here's a question, if you remove arms, does it still count as purist, since it's still using TLG made parts?

Or putting official decals onto pieces?

Or is that a point of contention among purist customizers?

I don't know if it's been mentioned, yet, but Ninjago Overborg's hairpiece makes for a great purist Cyborg. I'm still mixing and matching his body, but the head's a winner.

^ Yeah I was thinking about War Machine's head and the CM series 1 Robot or War Machine's torso. The legs I haven't worked out yet.

@numbah1nerd Post your images to an image sharing/uploading site like flickr or imgur, then use the button in the coment window with the little pic of a tree, put the url of your uploaded image in the window that pops up hit ok or whatever, you have inserted a pic to your post.

I tried, but it told me that that I wasn't allowed to use that extension in this community. I'm using Flickr, by the way.

Here's a question, if you remove arms, does it still count as purist, since it's still using TLG made parts?

Or putting official decals onto pieces?

Or is that a point of contention among purist customizers?

That's still purist. The decal dispute was dealt with a few pages back, so you're good.

ok this isn't directed at you exclusively thewatchman, cause ive seen this a ton, why does everyone use the fleur de lis body for doc strange? Especially if you use the medal as the eye of agamotto, you are covering it anyway. Idk, its such a distinct symbol that has no relation to the Doc that it bothers me.

Im seriously not trying to nitpick you thewatchman, your Kraven is the best of many that have been posted here, Strange is just my favorite non X-Man character and I just feel the old blue wizards body is the only way to go for him.

Actually, it's pretty close... https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFUpPdVlFxauwF-GUq-nioMYtrO9m1Hq15z0v0lei3YirdGznJ

@numbah1nerd

close as it is, it just bothers me for some reason, with the eye hanging over it, it just looks too busy. I don't know about your technical issues, is there a thread concerning questions about posting? I'm sure there is try asking there.

Below is a creation (Which I guess you could call a figure—but I want to show him off anyways) of the Brain—whom I’m adding to my personal Legion of Doom.

the_brain.jpg

Anyways Enjoy! And if anyone has any ideas for a purist Sinestro or Cheetah I’d sure like to know about them!

~Nemo

How exactly did you build the Brain?

There may be some debate as to whether a few of these are purist, but I still consider them to be so. The reason being that I have used LEGO stickers, but cut some of them up to create different shapes.

Mastermind

11665936295_e58d908934_z.jpg

Puma

11666718086_9b8c04ba7b_z.jpg

Peter Parker

11666273634_dc4cb8075e_z.jpg

Iron Spider

11665905605_1fb649c1db_z.jpg

Man-Spider

11665894315_30e914469a_z.jpg

For fans of the LEGO MARVEL videogame, Teapot Mr Fantastic.

11666242234_046a3a2bac_z.jpg

Toxin

11666119943_834dfc6ffb_z.jpg

Carnage

11665853395_bdc4c209c2_z.jpg

Ghost

11666201194_6436abd8bd_z.jpg

Cardiac

11665832435_5bf4558990_z.jpg

Dazzler (design shamelessly stolen from a couple of guys on here)

11666180714_1c90bc5bc2_z.jpg

Rhino

11666594356_d53f8924b2_z.jpg

Man-Ape (not sure...should he have hair?) (obviously, I've done him "mask off")

11666048743_3ed0885961_z.jpg

Nightmare

11665782755_0793d3f21e_z.jpg

Shocker

11665773535_f87b463934_z.jpg

Ms Marvel

11666018583_67ee26bf37_z.jpg

Screwball

11665753865_b2f9858034_z.jpg

Count Nefaria

11665999083_24e915458b_z.jpg

Archangel

11666524726_c9a40a75c0_z.jpg

Dioramas

11666501766_3ddb3cab50_c.jpg11665660645_4de216d09c_z.jpg

11665592355_d26408c387_z.jpg

pFQkvwg.jpg

Baron Zemo and Red Skull

vxa8if9.jpg

Antman and Wasp

vJsiDUg.jpg

60's X-Men: Prof X, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, Magneto

nsbfVJa.jpg

90's X-Men: Rogue, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Wolverine, Magik, Colossus, Arcangel, Psylocke

Y1lwRqI.jpg

Psylocke and Fantomex

G7nZE5E.jpg

Domino

b4mMw45.jpg

Mystique

1Fu5OLg.jpg

Barnell Bohusk "Beak"

4xyRT9C.jpg

Doctor Nemesis

Lu2Mck5.jpg

updated Nico of The Runaways

DbkMwkO.jpg

A couple different concepts for MKI Ironman

UrmT3ap.jpg

SInister 6: Scorpion, Rhino, Sandman, Doc Ock, Chameleon, Mysterio

33IsPno.jpg

Absorbing Man

One DC character and its one of my favs

DyfKhOk.jpg

Hawkgirl

I've got some more DC characters coming up.

Edited by autorazr

Yes! Brilliant! I'm just trying to complete my Beak figure but now I need to rethink things as yours is spot on!!!

Thanks, rosalind! It's soooo effin cool someone here can appreciate Beak, I miss him. Once Chima eagles were out I knew that was prob my best option for a head, intially I had broke purist and cut the tab off the plume and stuck it in his head stud, but then came up with this solution, wish the bat was metal to match Beak's adamantium one, but its close enough.

ReZourceman, I want you to know I think of you as my greatest rival, your last post was inspiring. I had an idea for Shocker I'd like to share. In a new 2014 friends set, there is a pineapple piece, it is a normal minifig head, it lacks eyes but the yellow color and pattern may work. heres a BL link , nice Speedball, you must be a true spidey fan, you're digging deep and I like it. I'm totally gonna make one.

Edited by autorazr

Hey guys, don't know if you remember me, but between pages 9 and 20ish, I was really pumping these out (with ReZourceman's inspirational help, of course). I've really enjoyed all the great customs of the last few pages, even if I haven't commented. Special mention to autorazr, who keeps finding new ways to make fun stuff.

On the homefront, I have been making some new customs again. I'll snap pics tonight and post them, see what you all think.

Repeter, there is no way we could forget you!

Thanks, rosalind! It's soooo effin cool someone here can appreciate Beak, I miss him. Once Chima eagles were out I knew that was prob my best option for a head, intially I had broke purist and cut the tab off the plume and stuck it in his head stud, but then came up with this solution, wish the bat was metal to match Beak's adamantium one, but its close enough.

ReZourceman, I want you to know I think of you as my greatest rival, your last post was inspiring. I had an idea for Shocker I'd like to share. In a new 2014 friends set, there is a pineapple piece, it is a normal minifig head, it lacks eyes but the yellow color and pattern may work. heres a BL link , nice Speedball, you must be a true spidey fan, you're digging deep and I like it. I'm totally gonna make one.

Cheers dude, and you mine!

It is fantastic that we can all spur each other on and inspire each other, I too really want a Beak now and a lot of yours.

And..........that is absolutely AMAZING. I need that Pineapple.

I have held off on teh likes of Carnage and Shocker this far, because I didn't really want to do them maskless, but that is such a perfect solution.

Edited by ReZourceman