sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Had a go at some Avengers myself - as ever credits on my Flickr for anyone I have ripped off been inspired by - along with a bunch of non-purist figures too.

Luke Cage:

8752191220_8496b1a18d.jpg

Black Panther:

8752191608_77210f8ec7.jpg

Ant-Man:

8751069217_e0290a4e15.jpg

Wasp:

8751071203_f3ae67d54e.jpg

Dr. Strange:

8751071539_8a278898f4.jpg

Wonder Man:

8752194024_cb0d5d007a.jpg8751072507_a7bf84c534.jpg

Iron Man - Mark I:

8751073349_28b1cdf664.jpg

And some Young Avengers too:

Iron Lad:

8752190380_0300de80df.jpg

Hawkeye:

8752190500_2f2eb1c760.jpg

Patriot:

8751068781_62eac5bf4e.jpg

Fantastic as ever Iamrid. What head is that for Iron lad?

Cheers :)

The head is the from the Kraang robot in one of the TMNT sets with a standard Iron Man helmet over it minus the faceplate.

Hi all! Love all your creations.

Can anyone help me with the Hairpiece for a 90s Lobo?

I already have

- Skull Barbosa head

- Mutt from indiana jones torso

- white arms

- black hands

- series 10 mechanic pants

Hi all! Love all your creations.

Can anyone help me with the Hairpiece for a 90s Lobo?

I already have

- Skull Barbosa head

- Mutt from indiana jones torso

- white arms

- black hands

- series 10 mechanic pants

Thorin's Hair! http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=11908

Or Lady Vampie: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=mof008

Edited by MattZitron

Edit: Looks like I killed the thread! :laugh:

Hopefully not killed it yet! Been meaning to post some more for a while - credits etc. on Flickr as usual - let me know if you think I have missed anyone I should have credited.

Avengers Villains

Taskmaster:

8990979274_f9bf42d2f9.jpg

Immortus:

8990980410_e986898452.jpg

Kang: (not 100% happy with this one but there is a limited number of blue faces!)

8989784475_857f58dc5a.jpg

Ultron:

8990979828_be1e3b90a7.jpg

Generation X (non-purist Jubilee, Skin, Chamber and M on Flickr)

Husk: (I think this might be my favourite custom!)

8990975726_d758efc4e1.jpg

Synch:

8990976330_01634f6017.jpg

New Mutants

Cannonball:

8989788893_da638bc32d.jpg

Mirage/Psyche/Moonstar:

8989786949_55647e8eab.jpg

8990983980_973ed6259b.jpg

Sunspot:

8990984278_6c029eb6d1.jpg

Wolfsbane: (hair is too long, but I can't find anything else suitable)

8989786443_8a79147cc8.jpg

Warlock:

8989788455_e1597f15a7.jpg

Cypher:

8990985948_e74d25a8b9.jpg

Misc others!

Firelord:

8989785439_e822e1cae2.jpg

Xavin from Runaways: (inspired by the awesome Runaways by Brickscape earlier in the thread)

8990982334_1d61314bf3.jpg

Ka-Zar and Zabu: (the non-purist version on my Flickr has a loincloth which I think is better)

8989782041_38967ec8a1.jpg

ianmrid, your stuff is superb. You have been very active lately, which is awesome. I sort of ran out of good characters...even obscure ones I love. That said, I do have a few more I've made...I'll post them soon!

I still want to chrome my Ultron up. He is identical to yours, but with greys. Great job. Cannonball is getting stolen into my collection. Very creative tracer, there.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I was always planning on making a lot of these minifigs but only finally did it when I got inspired by this thread!

I'm kinda running out of characters too - my main interest is the X-Universe - outside of that I'm a lot less familiar with any obscure characters. I have a few more planned tho, although not many we haven't seen versions of already and not all purist either!

Great job, ianmrid! I think my favorites are Taskmaster, Warlock, and Zabu, but good work all around. I particularly liked how you represented the powers for the New Mutants and Generation X kids.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I was always planning on making a lot of these minifigs but only finally did it when I got inspired by this thread!

I'm kinda running out of characters too - my main interest is the X-Universe - outside of that I'm a lot less familiar with any obscure characters. I have a few more planned tho, although not many we haven't seen versions of already and not all purist either!

I also love the x-verse, but struggle to make some of the important characters (looking at Beast!!). I did recently make a Leech, which I am sure you can imagine, once you take a look at his costume/outfit...just no bug eyes.

Keep up the great work, you are inspiring me to get back into it, myself.

Thanks for the "awesome," ianmrid! Love the take on Xavin. I've been trying to figure that one out and I love your solution.

More than welcome - and thanks! I've got a Molly planned, though won't be perfect without the ideal hat - and working on non-purist Gert. But even non-purist purple hair is hard to find...

Hey everyone.

I'm in New Zealand, so the official Iron Patriot minifig is an impossibility for me. I have an idea for a purist one, but I don't have all the parts yet. If someone who does have them all could assemble it and take a quick picture so I could see how it looks that'd be awesome.

The fig would have:

- Captain America torso and legs

- dark red hands

- dark red Iron Man helmet

- silver War Machine mask

Thanks in advance if anyone could put this together.

Hey everyone.

I'm in New Zealand, so the official Iron Patriot minifig is an impossibility for me. I have an idea for a purist one, but I don't have all the parts yet. If someone who does have them all could assemble it and take a quick picture so I could see how it looks that'd be awesome.

The fig would have:

- Captain America torso and legs

- dark red hands

- dark red Iron Man helmet

- silver War Machine mask

Thanks in advance if anyone could put this together.

Something like this?

IMG_0520_zps4ea25b13.jpg

Thanks loads to both of you for helping out, I might find a way to add some more red to the torso or legs, other than that I think it looks pretty good.

Apostrofree, your link isn't working and I can't find the image going through your photo stream either. Thanks anyway though.

Thanks loads to both of you for helping out, I might find a way to add some more red to the torso or legs, other than that I think it looks pretty good.

Apostrofree, your link isn't working and I can't find the image going through your photo stream either. Thanks anyway though.

Your welcome, I think it would look better with a blue helmet, but unfortunately you can't get a purist one.

@ianmrid

Your task master is perfect, Im jealous.

Soooo I know I havnt posted in a while, however that does not mean I've run out of steam, just time to take pics. Expect a massive update soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

:angry: Ugh! I have my first batch of super-people ready, but I have no clue how to upload! Help! EDIT: Nevermind. Edited by The Brick King

(I wasn't paying attention and just copied all of the previous pictures (TWICE) without posting any form of message...oops!)

Edited by Stash2Sixx
no post, just a double quote of pics!

RE: Taskmaster, it's this torso from the vikings sets: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb379

The cape is just two capes - a plain red one inside a plain white one.

@ianmrid

Your task master is perfect, Im jealous.

Soooo I know I havnt posted in a while, however that does not mean I've run out of steam, just time to take pics. Expect a massive update soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks! And looking forward to the update :)