sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Ah thanks toothpick!

I really need to get a closer look at these new GS sets.

Some good stuff here, guys! Detective Chimp made me laugh. :laugh:

8613642888_3f4ac7be4d.jpg

Not bad! But Captain Atom definitely needs the Peeves head and perhaps a flat-top hairpiece.

Love the Cyborg Supes as well!

Doctors_zps56dc8e10.jpg

Not exactly superheroes, per se, but here are my purist attempts at the 10th (David Tennant) and 11th (Matt Smith) Doctors. I'm pretty happy with Tennant (though now I wanna see if I can find an appropriate "flesh" colored head with glasses), but Smith was a little harder. The torso is just about perfect (think it's from the Orient Expedition line), but it was hard to find the right head and hair.

Yes, and that hair is not suitable for Matt Smith. Maybe Remus Lupin's hairpiece but I don't know if that piece comes in dark brown. But those heads and torsos are a great fit.

Edited by Wall E2624

^Nice. I think the S6 Sleepyhead hair for would work better for Tennant.

Had to look that up, but yes, brilliant!

Yes, and that hair is not suitable for Matt Smith. Maybe Remus Lupin's hairpiece but I don't know if that piece comes in dark brown. But those heads and torsos are a great fit.

I've only ever seen it in the light brown for Lupin and black for Robin from the first Batman line, but yeah, it's probably the better option. Of course, I kinda have the black earmarked for a Captain Marvel Jr. (non-purist) custom, but we'll see.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I'm okay with my choices as placeholders for now, but I will very likely take this advice to heart (and Bricklink) as soon as circumstances allow. :)

I made 2 different versions of the MKV armour and want to know which one people think is better

First version

IMG_0485_zpsa61d870e.jpg

Second Version

IMG_0486_zpsc124e1ed.jpg

Ah I have been looking for a way to make the Mark V, then I would have designs for the first 7 film suits. Personally I prefer the second one, due to the presence of the arc reactor (even if it isn't circular). Is it the Heartbreaker suit turned around? If not can I ask which torso it is.

Ah I have been looking for a way to make the Mark V, then I would have designs for the first 7 film suits. Personally I prefer the second one, due to the presence of the arc reactor (even if it isn't circular). Is it the Heartbreaker suit turned around? If not can I ask which torso it is.

Yes it is the back of the Heartbreaker, in fact version 2 is basically just the Heartbreaker with the hand sand face plate of War Machine.

Sorry for the double post

Here is my Doctor Strange and She-Hulk. I gave up trying to get a purple hip piece for She-Hulk, so I went with black, which I think works quite well.

IMG_0488_zps81ba27ee.jpg

IMG_0487_zpsca8cb52d.jpg

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Sorry for the double post

Here is my Doctor Strange and She-Hulk. I gave up trying to get a purple hip piece for She-Hulk, so I went with black, which I think works quite well.

What's the head from?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thanks.

Strange or She-Hulk?

Strange is Iron Man's, and She-Hulks is from the Witch.

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Some really awesome custom figures in here. Great work everyone.

Here is my contribution for this thread.

Yesterday I bought the Stagecoach Escape from the Lone Ranger line and thought immediately about a purist custom of DCs hero Vigilante. The new hat and guns a perfect for him. So here he is. Enjoy.

vigi01s.jpg

Figure recipe:

Hat & Guns - Lone Ranger

Head - Bruce Wayne (Set #6860)

Torso - Speed Racer (Set #8158)

Legs - Baseball Player CMF Series 3

Scarf - Various Sets

Hi - this is my first post here - but I love this thread so much! It has inspired me to make a bunch of minifigs of my own.

I'm in no way dead set on mine all being purist - so I am only posting the purist ones here - if anyone wants to see the rest they are on my Flickr.

On Flickr I've tried to credit all my inspirations (or people I have blatantly copied from!) so I'm not going to repeat it all here but let me know if you think I have missed any.

Cheers.

Havok:

8648929591_8f97f8bd0b.jpg

Dazzler x 2:

8650028594_cf6e1216c5.jpg

8648924453_c649450c47.jpg

Psylocke:

8650029820_2f90fcc57a.jpg

Marvel Girl x 2:

8650030278_0e4818537a.jpg

8650035242_b42bcf158e.jpg

Phoenix:

8650030494_67022765ce.jpg

Thunderbird:

8648926869_03e3512daf.jpg

Avalanche:

8648928387_1bf35808e8.jpg

Pyro:

8650033202_3216128953.jpg

Rogue - technically not purist because of the cloak - but it works without it too (kinda):

8650029884_c7b71943ce.jpg

I am only familiar with Havok, and from,what I can see, you have done a good job!

I need to around to posting my Iron Man Mk I...

Yesterday I bought the Stagecoach Escape from the Lone Ranger line and thought immediately about a purist custom of DCs hero Vigilante. The new hat and guns a perfect for him. So here he is. Enjoy.

Lol, nice job--I did the same thing. I bet a few of us had this character pegged once we saw the minifigs from LR. Great sets, too.

Also, ianmrid, great contributions to this awesome thread--welcome to Eurobricks--keep 'em coming!

Also, ianmrid, great contributions to this awesome thread--welcome to Eurobricks--keep 'em coming!

Thanks - have loads more to post - it's weeding out just the purist ones that I have to remember!

ianmrid Thunderbird is sublime!

Cheers - he can double up as X-Force's Warpath also!

Great work, everyone! I had the same idea for Vigilante, Plissken, and you executed it perfectly! :thumbup:

Anyway, I had some more ideas:

1. Batman and Robin from the upcoming Batman boardgame could be used as Bat Mite and Larry respectively. :sweet:

2. Has anyone used the Shaq head to recreate Steel yet? :grin:

^Personally I think that helmet is perfect but maybe a different head, maybe the Death Eater's head might work. Maybe.

Phoenix:

<snip>

My goodness, that is awesome! I had no idea there were parts that matched the official figure so well!

Hey, got a massive update here.

I'm gonna start with DC characters and finish with marvel. Some of these have been done on this board, just trying to spice it up with my own flavor (that was cheesy)

AkJ2rIy.jpg

Two-Face

IiNosSd.jpg

Black Mask

huLgg67.jpg

Lex Luthor and Lexo Suits

8GKx3d2.jpg

Clayface (cheating)

Aduh47l.jpg

This is my version of the Royal Flush Gang, its kind of a mix of many different versions.

X7G8rfB.jpg

Negative Man of The Doom Patrol!

Ok now Marvel

ENL2OXf.jpg

Wasp and Ant-Man

SNzHQzL.jpg

Black Panther

fu3shSJ.jpg

Another Version of Hawkeye

bHqm8Ya.jpg

Hulkling

X3nDUFg.jpg

Chamber

@howie28

I havn't found a good way to make an Ironman helmet yet. A page or two back I posted my MK I and you'll see I used an old style helmet with old knights visor flipped up to reveal Tony's face, I felt this was the only way. My only other suggestion would be the Evil Robot from CMF's head.

Wolverine and Mariko Yashida (I accidentally used a non-purist claw in this pic, but I can't be bothered to re-photograph!):

8667831885_074b3caba9.jpg

Some from X-Force now...

Rictor (I'm not sure if the scarf is a genuine colour or not - I got it off a 'Hard to Find Colours' shop on Bricklink:

8667829067_1ba041aa08.jpg

Boomer/Boom-Boom:

8668931624_26a297ab6d.jpg

And some from Excalibur...

Meggan:

8667828277_e26a1f1195.jpg

Shadowcat and Lockheed (wish the dragon was available in purple):

8668930660_314e857626.jpg

Captain Britain:

8668930814_cf5abe3012.jpg

Rachel Summers/Phoenix (I uploaded one with custom hair that I prefer to Flickr, however I did a purist hair one too for here):

8667827663_a8bdae2d60.jpg

A couple of Alpha Flight...

Shaman:

8668932182_67875e2c6b.jpg

Northstar and Aurora:

8668932008_1320053717.jpg

And some bad guys...

Dark Beast:

8667829977_c87998fc89.jpg

Xorn (the pic doesn't really show the trans-blue head under the mask):

8668933010_1660cb633c.jpg

Xorn-eto:

8667830125_a384e3d159.jpg

Then three that technically aren't purist because of the coats/jackets, but they all work without too - just maybe not quite as well...

Multiple Man:

8667827433_1715d928b6.jpg

Chamber:

8667831043_7c2ac582c3.jpg

Skin:

8667831563_0f6f098fe5.jpg

And last but not least, my first non-X-Universe character - although he is married to one of them...

Vision:

8668934858_1d6dc74988.jpg

Again, technically I think the cape is non-purist - but a normal yellow cape would also look fine. All my purist and non-purist capes are mixed in together so I can't remember which is official and which isn't.