sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I'm loving the Norman Osbourne by sam and Bruce Banner Cornelius! Here is a clearer shot of my Doctor Strange, King Cobra, Ultimates Taskmaster, and Sabretooth (although I think I'm going to go with Lucius Malfoy hair once I can track it down.)

7167698935_58c2d040d6_c.jpg

Awesome! I especially like your King Cobra and Doctor Strange!

7188091593_1ea4275993.jpg

Clark Kent. I can't imagine I'm the first to use this head/hair combination (in fact, the curl covers the scar so perfectly, I'm tempted to think it might have been intentional), but I can't find it anywhere. I'd be happy to give credit to the first one to post it.

7373322926_6c0985a465.jpg

Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne as Batman and Robin. Is there an official yellow cape?

Nice Clark Kent. I don't think it has been done before.

Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne as Batman and Robin. Is there an official yellow cape?

Uh, yes, on the old Robin. :tongue:

Whilst not technically a figure, it is a Superhero villain, and made solely using pure Lego parts. I speak of the Dragon, in the set 7048 Troll Warship, which I believe is a perfect stand in for Fin Fang Foom, the Iron Man/Hulk villain (minus the helmet, of course).

Dragon03.jpg?0

Whilst not technically a figure, it is a Superhero villain, and made solely using pure Lego parts. I speak of the Dragon, in the set 7048 Troll Warship, which I believe is a perfect stand in for Fin Fang Foom, the Iron Man/Hulk villain (minus the helmet, of course).

*snip*

Not exactly a figure, but the Fantasy Era Dragon makes a great Fing Fang Foom. :grin:

Think I beat you to it, Flitwick. :tongue: Well, at least it's good to see that great minds think alike. :grin:

I put Hawkeye's legs on the new(er) Darth Vader Torso with dark red hands, this head and the new, Dark Knight Batman cowl and found it a pretty decent Batman Beyond.

batman_beyond.jpg

If you want extra accuracy, you can take the new Electric suit Batman and pain the emblem red. :sweet:

Edited by K-Nut

I put Hawkeye's legs on the new(er) Darth Vader Torso with dark red hands, this head and the new, Dark Knight Batman cowl and found it a pretty decent Batman Beyond.

*image*

But Batman Beyond doesn't have leg straps.....

-Omi

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images form the same page. Thanks.

Yes, and that torso could be used for the rest of the X-Men. I saw these figs on Flickr. Credit to Jaypercent.

Kraven:

[snip]

Havok:

[snip]

I really like these solutions. Pictures are the links.

I really love your Havok fig!

I noticed last night that a clone trooper head with Hawkeye's hair makes a pretty convincing Norman Osborn.

IMG_3736.jpg

You could throw it on your movie bits or go more comic with some green and purple body bits and maybe a orc/witch head with a purple wizard hat for the mask...or, you know, just give him a business suit.

Edited by Hobbestimus

You can make the bat suit batman from the game without the wings. Just swap the black suit batman's belt and hands for purple hands and belt.

Here's my LEGO version of some members of my favorite super team - Marvel's Runaways. The Runaways are perfect for a purist translation because they don't wear costumes.

In the pic below (from left to right): Old Lace, Chase Stein (w/ fistigons), Karolina Dean (doing her Lucy in the Sky thing), Nico Minoru (w/ the Staff of One) and Victor Mancha.

7556201810_5bf5d05308_b.jpg

Still hoping for the right pieces to make Gert, Xavin and my favorite Runaway, Molly.

Nice outside the box thinking there. And very accurate representations. Love the fists, especially.

Edited by Hobbestimus

I noticed last night that a clone trooper head with Hawkeye's hair makes a pretty convincing Norman Osborn.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/randal1208/General%20Toys/Humans/IMG_3736.jpg

You could throw it on your movie bits or go more comic with some green and purple body bits and maybe a orc/witch head with a purple wizard hat for the mask...or, you know, just give him a business suit.

That's awesome!

Edited by Rick
Please don't include images in quotes unnecessarily

Are the new reveals giving anyone ideas?

I think JJJ's suit would suit Clark Kent very well (just add a Harry Potter head and a black hair piece that covers the scar), while Rodney Rathebone's suit-vest-with-no-jacket might serve JJJ better.

Plus Nova's torso and either Beetle's wings or the fairy wings from the new Collectable Minifigure line are a good start for Wasp.

I think JJJ's suit would suit Clark Kent very well (just add a Harry Potter head and a black hair piece that covers the scar)

You might be interested to know that Superman's hairpiece covers Harry's scar perfectly. Makes ya wonder if TLG did that on purpose, eh?

An idea for all those extra Loki heads. If you have a black suit, you can make Lex! I know there is an official one, but I personally won't buy the superman set. I know there have been lots of Lego suits released, like "classic ones" and in the Indy shanghai chase set.