shiplover

[MOC] USS Poseidon - Minifig Scale First Rate Ship of the Line

Photos of the Orlop Deck. Had to combine the hold and Orlop given the overall design.

Photos include the Hold (hard to see) full of stores, surgeon at work, carpenter area, anchor line storage, powder room, pursuer's store, and brig (with a prisoner).

orlop-deck---fitting.jpg

orlop-deck---brig.jpgorlop-deck---doctor.jpgorlop-deck---the-hold---loa.jpgorlop_deck_anchor_lines_and_purser_store.jpgorlop_deck_powder_room_and_carpenter.jpg

That is gigantic! The colors work well together.

Do you have all 120+ cannons to fill those ports?

With sails, it will have to build up over 2m tall. I know that a build 1m long and 90cm high is difficult to move - like Imperial, I'm interested in how easy it will be to move at that size.

Several questions about how easy this ship is to move. It separates into three parts. The structure turned out extremely durable and strong. Although they are getting very heavy, I can pick up each of the three parts and easily move them around. No concerns about collapse or breaking. Right from the bottom I built everything very durable thinking I would need to move it eventually. As I work on the masts I am considering how to break them down for moving because I expect sooner or later the ship will be making some rides in a car.

I think it's fair that my first post on this forum be on this amazing build. WOW! There are a lot of amazing builders on this site and you have raised an already impressive bar even higher!

Thanks for the compliments. Working on Masts. What you see in the pictures were mock-ups to get an idea of the proper height of each section. They are being replaced with the final masts now.

I am still amazed about the size of this undertaking.

This is a really huge and ambitious project - good luck, keep going!

I am looking forward to the next bunch of pictures.

More pictures coming soon. Designing the masts and the attachments for the necessary fixed rigging has been a bugger while trying to figure out how to make the ship movable in the future.

This is so awesome, I have comment before on this but this is amazing.

If I would have the space, the money, then the bricks and espacially the time, this would be a great project.

Not much progress over the last couple months, I've been busy. But, here are a couple of cross view pictures showing the interior.cross_view_1.jpgcross_view_2.jpgcross_view_3.jpgcross_view_4.jpg

I like how there is enough room to set up a gun crew. Also it is amazing the detail and scale in general.

I really like how this monster turned out, i remember when i saw the first pictures a couple of years ago, and now shes finaly finished great job,

Can the decks be seperated, in layers , so you get vertical access ?? or is it only the diffrent sections ??

Most excellent work so far. Are you going to cut your own masts for this thing?

Yes I will. That is the net big challenge - rigging and masts

I really like how this monster turned out, i remember when i saw the first pictures a couple of years ago, and now shes finaly finished great job,

Can the decks be seperated, in layers , so you get vertical access ?? or is it only the diffrent sections ??

No. That would have been extremely challenging while making he ship rigid enough to be moved.

Wow ! what an impressive ship !

Just a question... Have you got an idea of how you will do the mast and sails ?

Very good job, can't wait to see it finished !