Pencil_42

Stephanie's Mom's not-so-Cool Coupe

indexed.gif V-LV-22B gallery_15845_212_1480.png

I recently purchased Stephanie's Cool Convertible to expand our Friends collection, and to see a LEGO car that sat two figures side-by-side.

Overall, it's a nice car, with a nice color scheme.

However, there were a couple of things that bothered me about it:

The figure looks over the windshield, the steering wheel is at her feet, and the doors don't open.

So, I attempted to rectify those omissions with this model.

However, my kids wouldn't let me take the convertible apart, so I had to substitute with other pieces....

(Edit) - I've managed to reduce the height of the roof by one plate by removing the tiles the figures sat on. Updated pictures are below:

This is what I came up with:

car01e.JPG

Back view: The trunk doesn't open; that's one thing I need to work on for the next version:

car01f.JPG

Opening doors: Unfortunately, the overall height of the car is a little tall compared to the figure:

car01g.JPG

An interior view - the passengers now have a little more arm room:

car01i.JPG

And finally a comparison shot with the original convertible and my attempt at one of ER0L's 7-wide Corvettes:

car01h.JPG

Comments / criticisms?

Curtis

Edited by Pandora

If you were to tweak your design into an SUV or crossover you could lose the plate below the windscreen with a higher bonnet and it wouln't be wrong to be be taller than the minifig.

Cheers

Rog

Excellent typical american style car....could pass as a police cruiser too ! :wink:

I agree with the not-so-cool too ! :laugh:

Keep them coming 'Pencil_42' and Brick On Drive On with your Freind's ! :sweet:

If you were to tweak your design into an SUV or crossover you could lose the plate below the windscreen with a higher bonnet and it wouln't be wrong to be be taller than the minifig.

Thanks! I've managed to drop the roof by one plate by removing the tiles the figures sat on - it helps quite a bit. I've updated the pictures above. It's still taller than the minifig, though. Perhaps a SUV should be next...

Thank you LEGO Train and Lightningtiger!

Curtis

I really like Steph's Mom's car (epic title, btw. :wink:, although I think it's cool). There are some references to the CC, but you have improved it a lot: there are doors, there is a real steering wheel, and there is a roof, of course.

I like its overall shape, the fins are a nice contribution to classic cars. My only suggestion would be to reduce the range of colors a bit.

Your recreation of the Corvette is nice, too, I like the way you designed the junction between the hood and the windshield - will have to think about that.

Great work, hope to see more Friends cars from you!

[Edit] Do you have a Flickr account? If so, please add your car to LegoMyMamma's LEGO Friends Group and to the new LEGO Friends Cars & Vehicles Group. Many thanks! [/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

Thank you, ER0L! Your cars have been quite the inspiration. It's been fun trying to re-create one with the pieces I have on hand.

No Flickr account, though I doubt it would be hard to set one up.

Curtis