Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

MOC: Westminster Palace inspired building

indexed.gif B-OV-30C

After building the Tower Bridge, I felt like doing something similar to that style. So I was going to build a section of the Westminster Palace. But I underestimated the amount of bricks it takes to just do a 2x3 building. So I cut it down a bit. Still in that style, but simplified a little.

100_1526-800.jpg

100_1543-800.jpg

100_1517-800.jpg

100_1519-800.jpg

100_1520-800.jpg

100_1521-800.jpg

100_1522-800.jpg

100_1523-800.jpg

100_1530-800.jpg

100_1549-800.jpg

100_1539-800.jpg

The Westminster Palace looks like a big cardboard box from a far. So it gives me this idea of building my building in panels. So it's easier to carry around. All 4 sides come off.

100_1843-800.jpg

4 sides sit on the base and then are locked together with technic pins (forgot to take pic of the pins).

100_1844-800.jpg

The side towers and the roof then sets on top of it. The roof is built with a technic frame.

100_1931-800.jpg

This is a pretty awesome moc, it looks wonderful and I like what you've done to make it easier to move too!

Wow! Awesome MOC lisqr! I really love all the details! :wub:

Great work! :thumbup: I wish I could build huge things like that... :cry_happy:

LEGOfan123

Good work lisqr! Some very nice greebles on this bad boy! Love the bread as a detail piece!

Any interior?

Really dude? Really?

Wonderful looking structure 'lisqr' :wub: , really looks it's 15th/16th century London for sure ! :wink:

Any more to join it.....perhaps a clock tower ? :wink:

Amazing and beautiful. Makes me think of St. George's chapel inside Windsor castle. Love the greebling

It's gorgeous! Great job, I think you've captured what you say you were aiming for quite perfectly.

Love the bread as a detail piece!

My thoughts exactly!

Really dude? Really?

I didn't mean any criticism or anything negative with my question! I've never built anything even half as amazing as this MOC. I merely was wondering if there was any interior, or any plans for an interior.

Edited by purpleparadox

This is simply stunning.

Not only is the scope of it immense, but the detailing is so well done, and it is obvious to me that a lot of thought and planning went into this.

I love the choice of colors, the tan technic and bread pieces involved in the detailing, and also the technic-supported roof and base.

Wonderful! :wub:

I didn't mean any criticism or anything negative with my question! I've never built anything even half as amazing as this MOC. I merely was wondering if there was any interior, or any plans for an interior.

The 4 walls come apart into 4 pieces for the ease of moving and storing. So obviously having an interior defeats that purpose. The interior is completely empty.

Wonderful looking structure 'lisqr' :wub: , really looks it's 15th/16th century London for sure ! :wink:

Any more to join it.....perhaps a clock tower ? :wink:

Well, I've built quite a few (5~6) clock towers of various sizes in the past 2 years. So I've passed my clock tower building urge. Also I'm about to move, so I'm in tearing down phase. In fact, I just teared down this moc today. It's been sitting there for 2 month now. I don't usually keep moc around for longer than that anyway. So in short, not going to build a big Ben anytime soon. :tongue:

Edited by lisqr

WOW! Amazing building. All the little details are great. The window trimming, the blue spires on the roof. The sheer size is impressive on it's own. Then all the details, wow.

WOW! *oh2*

This beautiful MOC is huge and all those lego pieces are so shining! :blush:

The giant windows in Victorian style are my favorite! :wub:

...now you need the Big Ben! :wink:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

The size of the model is great, and so is the detailing...all those bread bricks create amazing pattern. Well done! :thumbup: