Duke of wellington

LEGO Napoleonic Wars

The figs still have good parts that could be used for such a theme, no matter what you call the figs.

Are you guys actually expecting LEGO to ever do anything that's 100 % historically accurate?

No. Butgeneric sets like 4 bluecoats and 4 redcoats generic cavalry lancers dragoons and artillery as long as they look similar like the pirates soldiers they would be good enough also please voice your support if you are going to support it also how do i post the link without geting attacked?

thankyou

No. Butgeneric sets like 4 bluecoats and 4 redcoats generic cavalry lancers dragoons and artillery as long as they look similar like the pirates soldiers they would be good enough also please voice your support if you are going to support it also how do i post the link without geting attacked?

thankyou

It would be most helpful if you could use some punctuation from time to time. I find it difficult to follow this discussion and it really seems to be interesting...

thankyou

One, what would you call the theme. And two, I don't think Blue Soldiers vs. Red Soldiers (even though it would be awesome) would work for Lego. I a theme that had different colored (red in town, green in forest, and blue near the sea) soldiers helping citizens against bandits would work better with Lego Company.

Thanks,

Commander Law

So LEGO would never make a set depicting Napoleonic-style mass slaughter, such as a firing line, or even show peaceful box art that makes kids think about using it for such nefarious purposes. :pir-laugh::pir-cry_sad:

What would be wrong with a LEGO guillotine set? :pir-tongue:

Spot on though about there always being a good vs bad faction. I do think that even with classic castle, there was always one group who had a slightly more imposing colour scheme, lining them up to be the bad guys. Even if we could get it to be an official "Redcoats vs Bluecoats" theme - one would have to be the "evil" faction as far as TLC is concerned I fear. And, though most kids wouldn't instantly think "This is Britain against France!" there would be enough people to take offence at for example, the bluecoats being the evil faction due to that link to their past.

The most likely option would be a Europa-style theme indeed with highwaymen and other ruffians causing the mischief. Possibly an invading army could be added to the theme, but it would have to have a colour scheme which did not appear to be based on any nations historical army.

It would be fantastic and I would certainly be spending my money on it... but the chances of it coming about are next to none in my own opinion...

Another idea would be to have two factions (Bluecoats and Redcoats) going on an adventure against each another to get some massive treasure in the Carribean. Just an idea :bonaparte:

Another idea would be to have two factions (Bluecoats and Redcoats) going on an adventure against each another to get some massive treasure in the Carribean. Just an idea :bonaparte:

You mean, sort of like the Kingdoms Series? I'd guess that would work, too.

You mean, sort of like the Kingdoms Series? I'd guess that would work, too.

I was actually thinking of something different. Where you have to Commanders sailing to the carribean to get this massive treasure for their King and Country. I thought the picture below is a pretty one for the theme a was thinking about :bonaparte:.

med_gallery_822_11_124526.png

Very pretty picture indeed; it was drawn by my friend Hound Knight, the same guy who did my avatar. :pir-sweet:

What would be wrong with a LEGO guillotine set? :pir-tongue:

Spot on though about there always being a good vs bad faction. I do think that even with classic castle, there was always one group who had a slightly more imposing colour scheme, lining them up to be the bad guys. Even if we could get it to be an official "Redcoats vs Bluecoats" theme - one would have to be the "evil" faction as far as TLC is concerned I fear. And, though most kids wouldn't instantly think "This is Britain against France!" there would be enough people to take offence at for example, the bluecoats being the evil faction due to that link to their past.

Lol, yeah, new sets could feature a new kind of fig similar to the basketball and light-up lightsaber ones: New LEGO Napoleonic Wars. Now with head-popping action!" :pir_laugh2:

Yep, I kind of picked up that the Black Falcons were neutral-bad guys in CC, but that may just be me.

And yep, if Bluecoats were presented as bad, people with French heritage and French people themselves would be outraged. I would, too. :pir-tongue: If the Redcoats were presented as bad, it'd be even worse, with Britain's legacy still quite popular. So yeah, they would really have to fantasy it up to make it workable.

Edited by Napoleon53

Lego Company maybe doesn't need to have a good vs. bad guy thing. Maybe, they could just present to factions trying to get treasure for themselves, their king and/or faction.

Lego Company maybe doesn't need to have a good vs. bad guy thing. Maybe, they could just present to factions trying to get treasure for themselves, their king and/or faction.

Kids'd hate that. To get the treasure, there MUST be conflict, and when there's conflict, at least in the minds of kids, there's a bad guy. So, as I and others said, there must be bad guys. :pir-sceptic:

Kids'd hate that. To get the treasure, there MUST be conflict, and when there's conflict, at least in the minds of kids, there's a bad guy. So, as I and others said, there must be bad guys. :pir-sceptic:

Oh, ok. Then should be the bad guy? Should there be something about two colonies (French and British) and pirates?

Oh, ok. Then should be the bad guy? Should there be something about two colonies (French and British) and pirates?

Maybe there could be fierce Islanders, or a pirate with a red beard--Oh, wait, they already did those before.

I think that the villain should be dark in a sense, like Lord Garmeddon, only not that dark. :pir_laugh2: However, maybe a group of pirates and islanders should fight off the soldiers from getting their booty, and I don't mean the thing they sit on.

Maybe there could be fierce Islanders, or a pirate with a red beard--Oh, wait, they already did those before.

I think that the villain should be dark in a sense, like Lord Garmeddon, only not that dark. :pir_laugh2: However, maybe a group of pirates and islanders should fight off the soldiers from getting their booty, and I don't mean the thing they sit on.

I feel like we all keep falling back to on point: We just want Classic-Pirates back. I want Classic-Pirates back and with more soldiers.

Thanks,

Commander Law

P.S. Has everyone seen the project Napoleonic Wars on Cuusoo. If not: Napoleonic Wars on Cuusoo

A chose ur side you coose howmany blue coats or red coats and natives you want and who gets the treasure you decide who you are blue or red or islander natives protecting treasure.it would not be specific generals generic commander

Also the user who iknow is one o the mst popular projects.

He has a huge fanbase

Edited by Duke of wellington

I think that the villain should be dark in a sense, like Lord Garmeddon, only not that dark. :pir_laugh2:

What about the torsos from the new upcoming Set from Lord of the Rings then? Would that be a good for Islanders? Clickity click!

Captain Becker

What about the torsos from the new upcoming Set from Lord of the Rings then? Would that be a good for Islanders? Clickity click!

Captain Becker

I don't know. They seem too Blackbeard-zombie-like.

Great, they workwell

I had thought of that also for my waterloo I have built 11 british

9 old guard 5 british dragoons dismounted for now

1 Lancer and 1 french dragoon, Napoleon,Wellington 2 generals 2 Prussian uhlans

1 chef 3 french artilery and 3british artillery and 3 Highlander

Edited by Duke of wellington

Great, they workwell

I had thought of that also for my waterloo I have built 11 british

9 old guard 5 british dragoons dismounted for now

1 Lancer and 1 french dragoon, Napoleon,Wellington 2 generals 2 Prussian uhlans

1 chef 3 french artilery and 3british artillery and 3 Highlander

I would love to see some pictures of them alone.

There's a guy on Cuusoo who made a Lego Napoleonic Wars idea. He had a really good idea of putting a little pamphlet in the set. For example, if the set was the Battle of Waterloo, there would be a little pamphlet about the battle. I think moms would like there kids to get the sets because there kids would be learning something. :bonaparte: Just a mere thought.

There's a guy on Cuusoo who made a Lego Napoleonic Wars idea. He had a really good idea of putting a little pamphlet in the set. For example, if the set was the Battle of Waterloo, there would be a little pamphlet about the battle. I think moms would like there kids to get the sets because there kids would be learning something. :bonaparte: Just a mere thought.

True, LEGO does have a reputation of educational sets.

But again: LEGO will NEVER do a theme on a real life war, no matter how educational. Thinking otherwise is just plain delusional and wishful thinking.

This. Won't. Happen.

The closest you *might* get is a theme like the cancelled Europa, which clearly features roughly that era without being too specific or detailed in regards to conflicts and locations.

But again: LEGO will NEVER do a theme on a real life war, no matter how educational. Thinking otherwise is just plain delusional and wishful thinking.

This. Won't. Happen.

The closest you *might* get is a theme like the cancelled Europa, which clearly features roughly that era without being too specific or detailed in regards to conflicts and locations.

You are right. I guess I'm going back to supporting the relaunch of Classic-Pirates. :cannon:

A Europa-syle theme with focus on soldiers vs highwaymen seems palusible to me, but given the option, TLG would simply do Pirates instead, they're just more iconic and thus a bigger seller. I could see this happening as a filler wave between 2 pirate waves though - Once TLG has produced too many ships and pirate stuff, they could go for this to keep the line fresh and take a break before launching new ships. The point is, it would be as an add-on to a pirate line, since that's the big seller.

It would be useful for Napoleonic MOCs though, for instance they could include cavalry, like dragoons and carabiniers, unlike in pirate sets.

As for a redcoat vs bluecoat conflict, I can only see it happening indirectly, by making sets with bluecoats vs bandits and sets with redcoats vs bandits, leaving it to the customer to imagine any conflict between the 2 colored factions (just like tho old single faction castle sets, or the slightly overlaping bluecoats and redcoats vs pirates).

A Europa-syle theme with focus on soldiers vs highwaymen seems palusible to me, but given the option, TLG would simply do Pirates instead, they're just more iconic and thus a bigger seller. I could see this happening as a filler wave between 2 pirate waves though - Once TLG has produced too many ships and pirate stuff, they could go for this to keep the line fresh and take a break before launching new ships. The point is, it would be as an add-on to a pirate line, since that's the big seller.

It would be useful for Napoleonic MOCs though, for instance they could include cavalry, like dragoons and carabiniers, unlike in pirate sets.

As for a redcoat vs bluecoat conflict, I can only see it happening indirectly, by making sets with bluecoats vs bandits and sets with redcoats vs bandits, leaving it to the customer to imagine any conflict between the 2 colored factions (just like tho old single faction castle sets, or the slightly overlaping bluecoats and redcoats vs pirates).

Well said. I kinda want more soldier ships, but with 6-8 cannons. :bonaparte:

Edited by Commander Law