Raacerx2

Island Outpost with Tropical Tree

[pid][/pid]212C

While I'm building my big 18 baseplate pirate scene, I'm practicing and getting the creative juices going as I go. Here is a little quick creation.

I'm trying to learn how to build trees, so this was my very first attempt. Didn't finish the top of the branches. Little island outpost with a tropical tree and a lookout. One sailor is passed out and the other two spy a ship that they hope is more supplies, as its been weeks. Luckily, the tree provides water. Going to add some fresh water and some other stuff this weekend, as my baseplates haven't arrived to start the big project.

IMG_6309A.jpg

IMG_6331A.jpg

IMG_6335A.jpg

IMG_6337A.jpg

Great little MOC. I love the depth of field used in your photos. If the rest of you immensely large project is this good I think we are all in for a treat.

Great little MOC. I love the depth of field used in your photos. If the rest of you immensely large project is this good I think we are all in for a treat.

Thanks Cam.

Its a super cheap 50mm EF lens (I have a cheap Canon Rebel T1i). They are $100 and plastic. But its got an incredible 1.8 aperture so yeah the depth of field with up close stuff is stellar. I'm surprised the pics actually came out cause they were taken late at night with really warm CFL light and the lens has no electronic stabilization. I'm just new into photography too. I need to start photoshopping them and evening them out.