Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG - Quest #31: Lions and Lambs

Alexandre duels with the Rebel Teuthisal Dual Swordsman from the front.

"Engage, worthy foe!"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

OOC: Because there's only four of them, only the first four in the Battle Order will take damage, correct? EDIT: From the Free Hits, I mean, obviously anyone can take damage if they roll "Damage" or "Special Damage". :wink:

QM Note:

Correct.

Now that I look, should I go after the butcher since my sword ignores defense? If approved by Party Leader: Alexandre feigns attack on the dual swordsmen, but suddenly attacks the butcher, from the front.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

I thought there were no clues in the pictures :tongue:

Skrall had noted the strange looking globe earlier but had religated it to a piece of food. "Last time I go mistakin' rebels fer chicken legs," he thought to himself. "Right, Mr. Chevalier and Ms. Toboso hang back for this first round, try and put as much distance between you and the enemy before we can get a counter attack set. Chevalier see if ya can distract that cleaver wielding chap, I doubt he'll be able to get around yer shield. Mr. Luke, I know yer not fer violence and all, but I'd appreciate it if ya'd see to it that that single swordsman was held up fer a little bit." Knowing that he didn't have time to unshoulder his Heavy Crossbow, Skrall quickly drew the Hunter's Crossbow out of its side holster and fired of a bolt at the Rebel Teuthisal Dual-swordsman from the back row.

"Shall do Master Skrall, take care lest any should get away and alert the rest of the rebels to our presence." With that Luke set off a light spell from the back row aimed at the Rebel Teuthisal Swordsman's face.

Battle Order:

Count Knyghton

Skrall

Alexandre

Luke

Arthur

Isabella

Skrall watched as Alexandre came at the Butcher from the front, "Hold back Mr. Chevalier, let us regroup first before we go on the offensive, stick to the back for the moment."

OoC: Also Free hits are determined by the listing of the enemy correct, i.e. Crossbowman, then Dual-Swordsman, then Butcher, then Swordsman? Also could you give a refresher on the Pacifist status.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OoC: Also Free hits are determined by the listing of the enemy correct, i.e. Crossbowman, then Dual-Swordsman, then Butcher, then Swordsman? Also could you give a refresher on the Pacifist status.

QM Note:

Yes, they are.

Pacifist causes the Damage of all attacks to be calculated with WP only. (as if this was an Arena battle)

Skrall watched as the Rebel crossbowman fired off a shot hitting Count Knyghton, "Change of plans Luke, go ahead and patch Count Knyghton up, Master Arthur shall train his attack on the sword bearing rascal."

"Very well, hold on Knyghton, Arthur keep that Swordsman busy for me." Luke prepared to heal Count Knyghton from the back row.

OoC: I'm assuming Luke heals like a normal sage.

As he continued charging his Darkness spell, Arthur called out to Skrall, "Sir, if you wish, I can heal Count Knyghton with my Healing Staff at no Ether loss. Alternatively, I could attempt to Confuse one of them into attacking the others. I believe the present course of action would be better, I simply wished to remind you of our options. Also, I suggest that Isabella take the crossbowman from the back row, as he is one of the weaker foes."

EDIT: "I take that back, she should attack the Dual Swordsman, as she cannot take damage this Round thanks to that cloak of hers. She should be put second in the order, so as to absorb the most possible Damage. Put Alexandre just before me. Unless you wish a different strategy, I'll continue with this bolt of Darkness."

Edited by Flipz

"Save the options lad for the moment, we'll be needin' them soon enough I gather though in the future perhaps Luke could benefit from some of yer manuscripts. Thanks fer the reminder." Skrall watched as the dual-swordsman advanced upon him, he was unsure whether he'd get a shot off first but hopefully the distance between them would lessen the impact of the rebel's strike.

OoC: I don't think untargetable means invulnerable, correct me if I'm wrong on that Brickdoctor.

OoC: I don't think untargetable means invulnerable, correct me if I'm wrong on that Brickdoctor.

QM Note:

No, but in this case, they're the same thing. The enemy would still have to be able to target her (see her) in order to deal Damage. While Invisible, she can only take Damage from AoE attacks directed at another player. (if she rolls Special Damage, the enemy will still perform any actions described in the Special that don't involve her, so the two swordsmen would still get their defensive bonuses for the next Round)

"Arthur has a good point, Ms. Isabella try and trip up that Dual-Swordsman while yer wearin' that invisible of yers."

"Master Skrall, Count Knyghton is fine, the crossbow bolt only grazed him. What would you have me do?" Luke dodged out of the way of the oncoming Rebel swordsman but took a slice to his arm.

"Go ahead and heal yerself up, we'll be needin' ya later."

Luke heals himself from the back row.

Revised Battle Order:

Skrall

Isabella

Alexandre

Luke

Arthur

Count Knyghton

OoC: I thought untargetable means that a free hit that would have targetted her actually skips her and goes to the next individual in the battle order.

OoC: I thought untargetable means that a free hit that would have targetted her actually skips her and goes to the next individual in the battle order.

QM Note:

Oh, I didn't know that that was what you were asking about. Yes, any Free Hits will skip her.

QM Note:

Oh, I didn't know that that was what you were asking about. Yes, any Free Hits will skip her.

OoC: Arg okay, skip the role-playing aspect. :wall:

Rerevised battle order:

Count Knyghton

Skrall

Alexandre

Luke

Arthur

Isabella

OoC: Arg okay, skip the role-playing aspect. :wall:

Rerevised battle order:

Count Knyghton

Skrall

Alexandre

Luke

Arthur

Isabella

OOC: So is Luke still going to heal himself? If so, Count Knyghton will do nothing, and Skrall should target the crossbowman. Unless...do the Free Hits take the Back Row into account if we attack from the Back Row? If they do, Knyghton's action stays the same, if not, he sits back and does nothing.

Arthur shouts encouragement to his allies. "Don't worry, Isabella, you can do it! We can take these guys!"

OOC: So is Luke still going to heal himself? If so, Count Knyghton will do nothing, and Skrall should target the crossbowman. Unless...do the Free Hits take the Back Row into account if we attack from the Back Row? If they do, Knyghton's action stays the same, if not, he sits back and does nothing.

QM Note:

Free Hits do take Row into account, and because I'm such a nice QM, ( :innocent2: ) I've assume that those doing nothing are in the Back Row unless specifically stated otherwise.

OOC: All right, then, Count Knyghton will continue his stated action from before; I believe that was attacking the Crossbowman from the Back Row.

Arthur shouts encouragement to his allies. "Don't worry, Isabella, you can do it! We can take these guys!"

OoC: Free Hits take row into account. Knyghton is fine targetting the crossbowman and I'll have Luke heal him. :wacko: Why did we have to be surprised.

"Luke, on second thought, Count Knyghton just took another hit from that crossbowman, patch him up will ya?" Skrall shouted over to the sage.

"Back and forth, back and forth, what I wouldn't give for that Althior fellow, he always seemed to know what he wanted." Luke reached out his staff to heal Count Knyghton from the back row.

OoC: Why did we have to be surprised.

QM Note:

Because you thought a Mon Cal head looked like a chicken leg. :snicker:

QM Note:

Because you thought a Mon Cal head looked like a chicken leg. :snicker:

OOC: Because I had just been burned by looking for clues in Mafia photos and am still twice shy. :snicker:

I run for the Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman for attacking.

(OOC: Btw Doc, Am I going to get free hit aswell? I mean I think my cloak works on situations like that. :P)

OoC: We determined that you won't get the free hit, only the first 4 in the battle order will.

I run for the Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman for attacking.

(OOC: Btw Doc, Am I going to get free hit aswell? I mean I think my cloak works on situations like that. :P)

"Isabella, no, take the double swordsman, he can't hit you at all but if you get lucky you could take him out almost instantly!"

EDIT: EDIT2: Never mind. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Results of Round One of the Battle in the Training Fields:

Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman - Free Hit on >Count Lewis Knyghton (10/2=5 Damage)

Rebel Teuthisal Dual-Swordsman - Free Hit on >Skrall (15/2=7 Damage)

Rebel Teuthisal Butcher - Free Hit on Alexandre le Chevalier (15-7=8 Damage)

Rebel Teuthisal Swordsman - Free Hit on >Luke (10/2=5 Damage)

>Count Lewis Knyghton vs. Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman - Miss

>Skrall vs. Rebel Teuthisal Dual-Swordsman - Marking the Favored

Alexandre le Chevalier vs. Rebel Teuthisal Butcher - Critical Hit (6*2+9=21 Damage)

>Luke heals Count Lewis Knyghton - No Healing

>Arthur Justus Regulus VII vs. Rebel Teuthisal Swordsman - Damage (10/2-1=4 Damage)

Isabella del Toboso vs. Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman - Hit (6+7=13 Damage)

Your first battle in Dastan begins. The four Teuthisal rush you from all sides, surprising some and dealing Damage before pulling back to regroup and engage. Count Lewis, your short sword doesn't give you the range needed to touch the crossbowman, who continues to back away, and you Miss. Skrall you take the time to decide whether or not you want to favor this enemy type. Alexandre, you charge in and thrust your piercing sword straight through the butcher's light leather armor and into his side. Luke, distracted by all the sudden action, you fail to heal Count Lewis. Arthur, the swordsman is faster than you are, and he closes the gap between you before you can get a spell off, slashing at you before diving back out of the way of your spell. Isabella, comfortably invisible, you stab the crossbowman in the arm before he knows what's happening.

ava-pikeman.png

"Sirs, we're seeing multiple rebel peasants emerging all around the fields, but our troops are holding them off. We highly suspect that they came here to steal weapons to arm more rebels.

"The battle continues."

Enemies:

ava-TeuthisalRebelCrossbow.png

Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman

Type:
Humanoid
;
Aquatic

Level:

Health:
17/30

Defense:

Special:
Suppressive Fire
- The crossbowman pins the target down with arrows, dealing 2 Damage and causing the target to miss his next Turn.

Drops: nothing

ava-TeuthisalRebelDoublesword.png

Rebel Teuthisal Dual-Swordsman

Type:
Humanoid
;
Aquatic

Level:

Health:
25/25

Defense:

Special:
Block
- The swordsman crosses his swords and weaves a virtually impenetrable defense, taking no Damage during the next Round.

Drops: 8 Gold

ava-TeuthisalRebelButcher.png

Rebel Teuthisal Butcher

Type:
Humanoid
;
Aquatic

Level:

Health:
29/50

Defense:

Special:
Cleave
- The butcher puts all his strength into a mighty blow that does 10 Damage, ignoring Rows and SP.

Drops: 12 Gold

ava-TeuthisalRebelSword.png

Rebel Teuthisal Swordsman

Type:
Humanoid
;
Aquatic

Level:

Health:
30/30

Defense:

Special:
Parry
- The swordsman defensively backs off with his sword in front of him, taking half-Damage next Round.

Drops: nothing

Party:

skrall.jpg

Skrall
, Level 15 Hunter (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

Power:
(+4 vs beasts)

Health:
21/28

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory: Heavy Crossbow: WP 8 (Knockback),
Hunter's Crossbow: WP 10 (+4 vs beasts)
, Potion, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Emperor Alandri's Letter

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
, Level 9 Mage (Flipz) *Party Second-in-Command*

Power:

Health:
9/13

Ether:
13/13

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory:
Arthur's Staff of Elven Necromancy (WP: 5)
Robe of Magi (SP:1)
, Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Potion(x2), Bedroll, Telescope, Healing Staff, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Shovel, Grand Tonic

Isabella del Toboso
, Level 6 Rogue (Dharkan)
*Invisible*

Power:

Health:
12/12

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory:
Fauxthril Dagger (WP:7)
, Golden Dagger (WP:3),
Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1;
untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle
)
, Venom, Potions (2), Bedroll, Fire Bombs (2)

Alexandre le Chevalier
, Level 9 Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)

Power:

Health:
10/18

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory:
Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 6; ignores SP)
, Cross Heater Shield (SP: 7), Potions (2), Fire Bombs (2), Bedroll

ava-luke.png

Luke
, Level 16 Sage (controlled by Waterbrick Down)
*Pacifist*

Power:

Health:
26/31

Ether:
23/23

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory:
Wooden Staff (WP: 1)
, Diamond (Light)

ava-countlewisknyghton.png

Count Lewis Knyghton
, Level 11 Engineer (controlled by Flipz)

Power:

Health:
13/18

Defense:

Gold:

Inventory:
Spatha (WP: 3)

LionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.png

Skrall, choose whether or not you would like to Mark as Favored the Humanoid, Aquatic enemy type.

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

I am repeating my action, attacking Rebel Teuthisal Crossbowman again.

"Hey you rebels, I have a question if you have time to answer, was that a trap!" Isabella laughed sarcasticly while making her move against crossbowman.

"Isabella, take the Dual Swordsman, since you can't be touched by him! Luke, if you don't mind healing me, I'll attack the normal swrodsman from the Back Row with my Darkness magic."

"I'm fine, I'll try tha crossbowman again from tha Back Row."

Edited by Flipz