Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG - Quest #31: Lions and Lambs

"And you shall have it my good sir," Luke passed Alexandre back his bedroll and gave Arthur's his staff. "If you are confident you are able to do the hard things now, then take it Arthur and may the heavens show you their blessings in the path you choose to take. Remember to find the enjoyment from the things that you gladly do and set your mind to accomplish the tasks that are pains for you. Fare thee well." Luke joined the Count as the heroes prepare to take their leave.

Skrall approached Leonard withdrawing Leojagd from its scabbard, "Sir Leonard, this blade belonged to the lady Leofwena, with it she aided the rebelion that ultimately lead to slaying of many a brave lion knight including the young Sir Lyonel. I leave it to you whether you wish to retain the blade in hopes of a more noble host, but if you so choose, I will carry this sword in remberence of those who fell on that dark day and would never achieve all that life had yet to satisfy them with."

Skrall approached Leonard withdrawing Leojagd from its scabbard, "Sir Leonard, this blade belonged to the lady Leofwena, with it she aided the rebelion that ultimately lead to slaying of many a brave lion knight including the young Sir Lyonel. I leave it to you whether you wish to retain the blade in hopes of a more noble host, but if you so choose, I will carry this sword in remberence of those who fell on that dark day and would never achieve all that life had yet to satisfy them with."

ava-sirleonard.png

"Ah, yes, the ceremonial greatsword of the Knoseley family. Once they were a powerful house of warriors. Their manner bordered on barbaric, but they were one of the few families to have success in the littler battles fought with the Empire of the Dragon. Lady Leofwena was the last of their line, though she is related to another living noble, Baron Lueius Clibburne. I doubt that any of us could wield that sword effectively, it is so large."

ava-sirleonard.png

"Ah, yes, the ceremonial greatsword of the Knoseley family. Once they were a powerful house of warriors. Their manner bordered on barbaric, but they were one of the few families to have success in the littler battles fought with the Empire of the Dragon. Lady Leofwena was the last of their line, though she is related to another living noble, Baron Lueius Clibburne. I doubt that any of us could wield that sword effectively, it is so large."

"Very well, I will keep my eyes and ears open for news of this Baron Lueius, perhaps it shall find its final resting place there. Until that day I will see to it that it is born as effetively as it once was. If there is nothing else that you would have of us, my companions and I will take our leave."

ava-sirleonard.png

"Very well. Thank you, once again, for your service, heroes. All of you have earned a good reputation with the Lion Knights.

"Oh, and, one more thing. Master Arthur, Sir Alexandre, Miss Toboso: this is your second quest with us, and no amount of Gold could repay you for what you've done to assist us. Once you reach Level 30, come visit us here at Bric'Bay, and we'd be happy to teach you the ways of the Skirmisher."

The Quest is successful!

ava-luke.pngava-countlewisknyghton.png

"Farewell, heroes."

Luke and Count Lewis Knyghton have left the party.

LionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.png

skrall.jpg

Skrall (WaterbrickDown)

Level 21 Hunter
***Party Leader***
*Favors Humanoid Enemies*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
34/34

Gold:

Equipment:
Greatsword of Lion Nobles (WP: 20; User is
Slowed
)

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 11; +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP: 8; Knock-back), Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Cookie, Zoot's Plaything

Alexandre le Chevalier (Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 15 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/24

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 7), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory:
Potions (4), Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

Isabella del Toboso (Dharkan)

Level 13.5 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
18/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Fauxthril Dagger (WP: 8), Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1;
untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle
)

Inventory:
Golden Dagger (WP: 3), Twin Broadswords (WP: 20; user may attack two enemies in a Turn, but may not use a shield; suitable for Knights), Venom, Potions (7), Tonics (5), Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Fire Bombs (2), Dragon Scales (2), Bedroll

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

Level 15 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
16/21

Ether:
10/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7;
50% chance of Fleeing instead of being KO'd
), Robe of Magi (SP: 1)

Inventory:
Arthur's Staff of Elven Necromancy (WP: 5), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Potions (2), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Mead, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope

LionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.png

The wars were over. The Brobric Elves were defeated. The Rogue Lions were defeated.

Quest31-32.jpg

The Lion Knights had reestablished friendly trade with the Empire of Dastan through Emperor Alandri. From their docks at Bric'Bay, they could export a small but growing amount of their crops to Dastan.

With the Lions now able to defend themselves and their holdings on Uland, Sir Leonard decided that it was time to retire.

Quest31-33.jpg

He realized that the Lions still needed a leader with military experience, but also that the nobles would want one of their own to lead them, now that they were not in a state of war.

Quest31-34.jpg

With that in mind, Sir Leonard appointed Count Lewis Knyghton his successor, the leader of the Lions, and the first Lord of Bric'Bay.

Quest31-35.jpg

Count Lewis began building a permanent settlement for the Lions, centered around Bric'Bay Castle, from which they controlled their share of the Eubric Plains, exported their crops and livestock all over the Free Islands, and maintained a professional army.

Quest31-36.jpg

The Lions finally were able to settle down and do what they had come to Uland to do, but they could not have done so alone. Not without the help of…

Quest31-37.jpg

Heroes.

Quest31-End.jpg