Zilcho

What do you do with your odd pieces?

I'm sure most of us have all those random coloured bricks which will proabably never be used in your mocs. Most of us probably leave them in boxes, thinking that they they will come in handy sooner or later. But do any of you make things with them? I can't imagine anything off the topp of my head but I am sure they must have a use.

Share your ideas! :classic:

You keep them of course.

One day they may come in handy. Right off the bat, odd colored bricks can be used as structure. You build a wall or base out of bright pink and as long as the final layer is the color you want, your golden.

Keep everything. Some day you'll be building something you never thought you'd be building, and you will happily find that in the box of "rare colors and stuff i'll never use" you find a bunch of bricks that are very expensive and just what you need!

This just happened to me yesterday. Over $100 worth of rare bricks I didn't even realize I had and thought I'd have to go without of a project, happy surprises are the best!

The ones you know you will not need for a long time put in a box or somthing out the way. Whilst the ones you may use sort them out and keep them to one side ready for use. :classic:

Most of my 'old' lego I stached away in a storage bin. I just use new bricks, but every now and then I sneak-a-peek for some parts I need. Though it contains lots of bitten/discolored/old colored/scratched bricks. :sceptic:

I use them... :tongue: But really for me at least I use all basic colors, as Big Cam said, even if just to make a base for the actual creation.

Always keep every brick. Another idea is to hide them within your MOC. If you can't see that awful color from the outside, yet it helps with your build, it's definitely worth it!

You keep them of course.

One day they may come in handy. Right off the bat, odd colored bricks can be used as structure. You build a wall or base out of bright pink and as long as the final layer is the color you want, your golden.

Yeah, use them as bases. I don't have many pieces compared to most people here, so I use almost every piece I have when I make a MOC. Anything that I shouldn't be seen on the outside is used as the support.

I have an overflow box in which I store odd pieces which I may one day see in an MOC and think "What a great idea..!"

I have 2 big boxes that I use for sorting, and any unsorted stuff goes in those. If I don't use a part enough or have a lot of them, then it doesn't go into my sorting drawers and stays in the box. If I'm looking for a random part or odd looking piece, I just dig through those boxes until I find something.

I also use my odd and bright colored bricks as support for any type of structure I build. I always keep them in a bin together.

I also use my odd and bright colored bricks as support for any type of structure I build. I always keep them in a bin together.

Of corse how did I forget to mention that. Just put the unwanted parts underneath the desired colour and no one can tell.