brickcitydepot

Amsterdam Hotel

indexed.gif B-OM-17B

This hotel was modeled after one end of the Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam. This is our third in a series of Amsterdam buildings. The hotel features French Renaissance architecture. The first floor is a lobby with a front desk, stairs, a fountain, chairs, and a bathroom. The second floor has stairs and a door to a patio. The third level has 2 rooms for the guests. I was wary of the roof at first but it turned out better than I was expecting.

7092340511_2d52972b9a.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #1 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7092340579_089571e533.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #2 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7092340893_861d888b86.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #3 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7092340787_c3ac7d24f9.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #4 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6946271762_2da60f11fe.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #6 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

6946271714_619036381d.jpg

Amsterdam Hotel - Lego Modular Building #8 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

Beautiful looking modular 'brickcitydepot', I :wub: the stair case and the overall layout of the building. :grin:

Excellent you fitted the bathroom under the stair case, and the exterior has that Dutch feel to it. :wink:

Great work 'brickcitydepot' and Brick On ! :classic:

This is a lovely MOC. The details are great, the interior is spread out nicely. The staircase is simple, yet nice. The exterior is upscale looking and elegant. The roof is especially nice.

Excelent work (as usual). I like all the buildings in the Amsterdam series and if i had the money, i would buy and build them all and make an entire street out of them. I was born and live in Amsterdam for most of my life and i easely recognice the buildings. You caputured them very excectly. The interior is very well thought through. I hope to see much more buildings in this series. Please, keep building them. :thumbup::wub:*oh2*

Very nice!!!

Like the "restricted" place as you find in real Amsterdam :tongue:

Beautiful creation. :sweet: I really like the combination of colours: it works really well. The interior looks very luxurious in dark-red and gold and even though there isn't enough interior space to make it fully realistic, you managed to fit in the essential elements. Great work.

It's a really beautiful building, Brickcitydepot. I have worked in an old hotel, so I recognize some of the features, you have built. I espcially like the painting :wink: Though the stairway is impressive, I also think it's a bit too dominant in the hall. If you want some more space in the hotel (e.g. for a bar/café), the stairway could be narrower - 8 studs instead of 10, and it could be moved to the right, along the wall. But otherwise, it's a really impressive piece of work :thumbup:

/Laka

Quality stuff as always from you. The colours are subtle and look wonderful together, and I think that my favourite part of this building is the roof. The interior is also very nice - I only wish there'd been a couple of extra rooms, but obviously there's no place to put them :) maybe a solution could be to put this next to another modular building with a shop on the ground floor, have access between the buildings on the first and second floors, and then add more hotel rooms there. I actually quite like that idea, maybe I'll buy the instructions from you and try that out!

This is a very beautiful piece of hotel. I am really enjoying and digging into the lovely pleasant colour of the building's façade. :wub:

Very beautiful building. I've never been to Amsterdam, but it definitely doesn't resemble anything around here (middle of the USA). I would love to see an official release of this. Simply brilliant. I love the roofing, the color scheme and the stairwell. I really like that tree out front too. I've been wanting to figure out a way to incorporate more trees into my street scene because I think the Fire Brigade tree is too small for my liking.

Keep up the great builds! I may have to "borrow" some of these ideas :classic:

Another great building! The hotel is very fascinating with the facade detailing in various colours, that all together look very 'classy'. One of my favourite details are the roof, the terrace, and the interior all together (fantastic flower pots and stands, the amazing picture on the wall, the golden ornaments on the beds etc.).

Your hotel is great! The details on the facade and interior are just amazing!

Edited by streifen

ur hotel is great! the details on the facade n interior are juz amazing!

This is not a chat room. Please edit your post and use proper spelling, grammar, capitalisation and punctuation.

So much lovely detail as always with your creations!

The roof looks great with studs -- how you do that is amazing! I never feel comfortable with studs showing; must be the coloring and other architectural elements you add.

Thanks for the inspiration :thumbup:

As I said on Flickr, it's great, and I can't wait untill the Flickr gods get back to you so I can blog it! The outside balcony is great, and, strangely, my favourite detail is the large window blinds on the outside of the bottom floor! :thumbup: Great work, I can't wait to see more from you. (After you have time to recouperate!)

Edited by Dakar A

Beautifully done, I pass the real Amstelhotel a few times a week and your Lego version is instantly recognizable! :thumbup: