Sign in to follow this  
Hersbrucker

Renew of MiniFig torsos

Hi there,

I had some MiniFig torsos who had scraches and old prints and I don't like to throw them away.

So I decide to repair these torsos and give them new live :sweet:

Here are the old torsos:

Picture 1

First, I used different abrasive papers to clean up the scratches

Picture 2

The deep scratches are not possible to remove :sceptic:

Than I removed the old prints with some cleaner, as well I had some heads with damaged prints, here I do the same.

Picture 3

Now I will try to make some prints with decal paper, I will show you the results :wink:

Edited by Hersbrucker

I have done the same in the past. I found the decals looked better if you spray acrylic on the sanded body part before applying the decal, then at least three coats afterwards. Yu really have to make sure every last piece of dust has gone from the pieces before applying the decals, or they look terrible.

I have done the same in the past. I found the decals looked better if you spray acrylic on the sanded body part before applying the decal, then at least three coats afterwards. Yu really have to make sure every last piece of dust has gone from the pieces before applying the decals, or they look terrible.

I get the "not wasting parts" idea, but isn't this a bit of a lot of work/time/supplies to save something you could just buy for a few pennies?

I actually keep all my damaged minifig parts, weapons, etc and use them in projects where I need damaged parts. :grin:

Its for fun, and I can use non requested parts for my custom figures :thumbup:

Oh for fun. :grin: Got it. In that case :thumbup:

I get the "not wasting parts" idea, but isn't this a bit of a lot of work/time/supplies to save something you could just buy for a few pennies?

I actually keep all my damaged minifig parts, weapons, etc and use them in projects where I need damaged parts. :grin:

Well, if you have plenty of damaged parts (Happens to me for being an AFOL that buys things in bulk), and have no projects in which you would need them, then it is a good thing to be able to recycle then. Not for saving money (it seriously does not), but because plastic is a terrible thing to throw. I have in the past done something similar to normal, heavily scratched bricks and donated them to charity as part of larger bulks including clones. It gives them a new life.

Edited by vexorian