Venunder

A Guide To Tree Building

I built a new tree today. It's an autumn birch!

For all the LEGO purists out there; close your eyes! It has non-LEGO yellow leave parts:

Where in the world did you get Yellow leaves?

Very nice.

As a general rule I think we should stick to Lego parts for most trees. :thumbup:

Although I made an exception for the Cuusoo trees because they are proposed designs, which may be Legoised. :laugh:

Of course Lego may produce yellow leaves at some point, so then your design would be great. :thumbup:

Edited by Venunder

altBricks.com

Looks like they aren't available anymore. The site shop link no longer works. They may in fact be a copyright infringement.

We love trees and plants... Being an environmental scientist I'd love to help. I know we've explored a large variety of real and fantasy trees feel free to look through out flickr. I wont post several dozen photos here, but you can use any of ours. The difficulties with a list like this is it will get huge. Then once your done with trees, your looking at 'Understory' and 'Herbaceous'... shrubs and flowers...

Quite the daunting task. But this is definitely something we're interested in and have been accumulating on the side. One thought we've been considering is to organize the plants by environment. Swamp plants, Mountain, Evergreen, Deciduous, Dessert, prairie... Just a thought :)

Let us know if you need any help.

All these designs are really great!

Maybe a New thread could be made for this: Low Budget-good looking trees :tongue: ?

Greetz Bjornu

;)

wood-gnome1thumb.jpg

I didn't think much of this tree, but people seem to like it ;) From Menzoberranzan

thumbaa38.jpg

My first "water all around" tree ;) From Ched Nasad

const59.jpg

From last one, Elesee Luna

tall-tree-04.jpg

tall one, from Lith My'athar

And I must say, I am waitthing a batch of 400 white 6x5 leaves ;) This will add to my dark arboretum ;) And with them, I am going to heavily use that "place a rock in 6x5 leave" from my last town, I've got a few full hands of them, and they will go greatly with white leaves

Those are some very jungle like plant creations Angeli and some useful alien looking plant building styles. :thumbup:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73160&view=findpost&p=1367207

A nice flat topped tree.

Edit:

Not particularly good, but here is a tree I put together with parts from 4 Ewok Attacks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/p8180016.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/p8180013t.jpg/

I got them 50% off, so this has cost me £50. If I sold the figures etc. I could probably knock that down to £20.

It does need some more leaf elements to really fill it out as a Tree.

I would guess that the Bricklink cost for it all would be about £25.

Edited by Venunder

A new tree from Waterdeep:

city-06t.jpgcity-10t.jpg

city-14t.jpg

There is a smaller tree but the same principle found here

A tree without leaves can be found here and here

For branches under the angle I used hinges 60471.jpg and 44301.gif Other types of hinges would come handier, but I had only these ones, so...

For red flowers I used rocks (diamonds) from PaB :)

Edited by Angeli

That is an interesting use of jewels as "flowers" ? although for underwater scenes this might also make a good coral.

Edit

Some good Palm trees

Areani Ambush. (Main)

and

Edited by Venunder

This thread is really useful - some amazing techniques collected here. Thanks to all contributors

So many great tree-techniques!

I want show you my version of an tree what i have build for this MOC.

11621815233_5e614b6ca2_c.jpg

11644834193_e8ed218699_c.jpg11644571515_d30e719f5b_c.jpg

hope this can help :classic: .

greetings

markus