Hello Everyone, sorry for the many posts about this, I decided to make a final topic for my latest project, My first Lego Technic PF Supercar.

Below is a photo of the WIP of the bodywork. The chassis is complete.

post-22120-133455439472.jpg

Features (so far)

-Sheepo's MPS independent suspension, modified a bit for my satisfaction.

-Front steering, powered by a wormscrew gear.

-Steering wheel turns when wheels turn.

-4-speed manual gearbox, same as the 8880-1 supercar, with studless mounts, and a XL motor for power.

-Hommade number stickers for the gearbox.

-seats.

-front hoodscoop.

-black rims with tri-connector sportscar-inspired rims.

-rear-mounted V8 engine, connected to drivetrain, with a fake turbocharger, and single exhaust.

-AWD

I hope you like it! Any suggestions, just comment!

Looks good so far :thumbup: . Would you mind filling the picture with more of the model next time? it would make seeing the model a lot easier :classic:

tim

Looks good so far :thumbup: . Would you mind filling the picture with more of the model next time? it would make seeing the model a lot easier :classic:

tim

But l like seeing people's carpet.:sceptic::laugh:

here are some updated photos...I am 95% done, I am just waitin from some parts from Camaro365 :cry_sad: , and I also need to do the headlights :sceptic: .

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uPmy3Xzvri0/T4zSYQQ0SJI/AAAAAAAAAjI/hLeCmiFKTtU/s519/12+-+2

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KFg4b-mIqOI/T4zSYXvDv9I/AAAAAAAAAjI/6SIxs5KTeA0/s519/12+-+1

I hope to finish it by this weekend :sweet:

please comment on what you think! :wink:

@ 88high: Looks good! :classic: In the first of your two newest photos, is the flexible hose on top of the engine representing a duct from the air cleaner? In the second photo, where are you thinking about placing the Power Functions Receiver?

Your photos are rather small and cannot be directly displayed here in Eurobricks (due to the lack of a .JPG or .PNG file extension). Would you consider creating an account on Flickr? It's really easy to use, you can add descriptions and tags, and they offer a standard 800-pixel picture size to use here in Eurobricks.

@Dluders: thanks! I put the hose on top of the engine to give it more of a "engine feel"

The reason why my pics are low-res is because they are shot with a iPod camera, plus it makes them more blurry when I take photos at night then at the day.

I might get a Flickr, it just might be too much to keep up with...I have all ready let my brickshelf slip a bit., same with briicjyrucktrial. Is there a app that can upload pictures to Flickr?

The reason why my pics are low-res is because they are shot with a iPod camera, plus it makes them more blurry when I take photos at night then at the day.

I might get a Flickr, it just might be too much to keep up with...I have all ready let my brickshelf slip a bit., same with briicjyrucktrial. Is there a app that can upload pictures to Flickr?

How is it that you manage to upload your photos to everywhere except Flickr and Brickshelf? :sceptic: You certainly don't seem to have any issues maintaining a YouTube channel and a Google+ account.

And there should be plenty of cheap Sony digital cameras available at your local Wal-Mart, most of which take fairly decent photos. Anyone that can afford an iPhone should be able to pick one of those up.

How is it that you manage to upload your photos to everywhere except Flickr and Brickshelf? :sceptic: You certainly don't seem to have any issues maintaining a YouTube channel and a Google+ account.

And there should be plenty of cheap Sony digital cameras available at your local Wal-Mart, most of which take fairly decent photos. Anyone that can afford an iPhone should be able to pick one of those up.

I have mobile apps for the accounts. I will try and shoot some better photos, with my Sony camera

@88high -

Looking good, what about 5-speed gearbox w/ reverse, like the 8448 Supercar? Anyway you look at it, another coming up Supercar. Keep us posted on the progress.

Eric

Alright! I finally got around to taking and uploading dome finalized pictures!

supercar_001.jpg

supercar_003.jpg

supercar_007.jpg

supercar_010.jpg

supercar_011.jpg

supercar_019.jpg

Now, thats just a few. I have a bunch more in my Brickshelf Folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=502026

Enjoy! I hope those photos work for y'all!

@88high -

Looking good, what about 5-speed gearbox w/ reverse, like the 8448 Supercar? Anyway you look at it, another coming up Supercar. Keep us posted on the progress.

Eric

I used the 4-speed+N gearbox from the 8880 supercar, only in studless form :classic:

@ 88high: It looks nice! The angle of the windshield (windscreen) could be lowered if you have two black 32015 "Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #5 - 112.5 degrees" parts (pictured below). You are using #4 Technic Connectors (forming a 135-degree angle), and they don't look suitable for a Supercar....

32015.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Looking good so far... :thumbup::thumbup:

The key to getting a good looking car is not to rush the build... If you build something and feel that it could be improved, then try to do so rather than settle for the first option... In the end, this will result in an even more thought out looking construction... :wink:

Also, if there is a certain part that you need for proper completion of your model and you don't have it, put that section of the model on hold until you get the right parts... Don't try and work around what makes the most sense...

Edited by Paul Boratko