MaceWindu

The review of the LEGO chrome Darth Vader 4547551

Hei, everyone! I'd like to rewiew one of the most amazing minifigs in the SW theme - chrome Darth Vader. I bought on Ebay one month ago. I payed 50$!

Item number: 4547551

Pcs count: 7

Minifigs count: 1

Realise year: 2009

MSRP: -

Links: BRICKER BRICKSET

PEERON

Vader's pocket is too little, so you could take him with your hands.

0_68f41_37a33a51_XL.jpg

0_68f43_148d9b2f_XL.jpg

In the right corner you can see heroes of the Original Trilogy. Such pictures also were in all sets in 2009.

0_68f42_2598e29f_XL.jpg

All components, with were in the pocket:

0_68f45_13b09441_XL.jpg

It's very strange, but I got two heads im this set! Or is it right?

0_68f46_540f88c3_XL.jpg

I thought, that Vader will be heavier. In the light chrome is very beautiful! But it sad, that the lightsaber doesn't have chrome handle.

darth-vader-wallpapers_17286_1024x768.jpg

0_68f47_34fbaee1_XL.jpg

0_68f48_a1a20499_XL.jpg

Cloak is usual, black.

0_68f49_cc74f81b_XL.jpg

Blood's still on the Darth Vader's face! Strange, but I think, that LEGO would like to show us the Vader's face like it was in the 6th episode.

unmasking3.jpg

0_68f4a_4ef61745_XL.jpg

0_68f4c_66574a40_XL.jpg

Chrome's of high quality!

0_68f4b_f05af223_XL.jpg

He looks severe!

0_68f4d_b5e8b5cd_XL.jpg

With the pocket:

0_68f4e_1460c5d7_XL.jpg

0_68f4f_406a80e8_XL.jpg

Such a bonus:

0_6946d_c9e49394_XL.jpg

Totals:

• Chrome is exiting and qualiti!

• Two heads!(I don't know about other owners)

• This minifigure is too expensive!

Thanks for visiting! Bye!

Nice review. I would like one of these but that price is mad. Two heads is very strange I have not heard of that happening before. :sceptic:

Nice review. I would like one of these but that price is mad. Two heads is very strange I have not heard of that happening before. :sceptic:

One head should be Luke's head, in order to recreate the Dagobah cave scene. :laugh:

Has the price for this fig always been around 45 USD?

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Nice Review and pics! I got lucky a few years back, when the chrome Vaders were given out with SW LEGO purchases at TRU in Germany. In some TRUs you could actually just buy them for 5€ apiece, so I purchased a bunch of them back then. :classic:

Thanks for the replies! I don't know all about the price of this fig, but I think that it cost about 35$ in the start.

Nice review. It's good that you also added original reference pictures, that's something which is missing too often in reviews (even if we all know what Vader looks like :laugh:)

Your photos are a bit overexposed, though. The pics are not all sharp too, which is a bit annoying for a solo minifig review.

Has the price for this fig always been around 45 USD?

No. The original price was 4,99€ (in some TRUs which didn't respected the guidelines you could buy Chromie separately :tongue:) or free as a promo when buying LSW for 25€ at TRU in 2009.

Nice Review and pics! I got lucky a few years back, when the chrome Vaders were given out with SW LEGO purchases at TRU in Germany. In some TRUs you could actually just buy them for 5€ apiece, so I purchased a bunch of them back then. :classic:

High Five :laugh:

Nice review. It's good that you also added original reference pictures, that's something which is missing too often in reviews (even if we all know what Vader looks like :laugh:)

Your photos are a bit overexposed, though. The pics are not all sharp too, which is a bit annoying for a solo minifig review.

Thank you! Yes, I no about glow in my review, I'm studing to take good photos. I hope, that in my new rewiew the photos wil be better.

Edited by MaceWindu