Raacerx2

New Member : Shipwreck Beach Hideout

New to this forum. There are some amazing creations on here, super awesome. I just recently got my LEGO's out after 16 years of having them put away. Only interested in Pirates and Castle / Kingdom theme stuff now and was amazed to see how many others are into it!

I finished building the Queen Anne's Revenge POTC ship today and decided to put together a shipwreck. About 75% of my LEGO's were given away without my knowledge (bastard parents haha) so I had a half ship from an old Pirate System set.

Would love criticism and everything. Been a long time since I was creative in this fashion and the girlfriend supports it. I bought some foliage parts and the door from Pick A Brick online.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

IMG_6084A.jpg

IMG_6108A.jpg

IMG_6102A.jpg

Trap door into the hideout that houses the jewels.

IMG_6103A.jpg

Edited by Raacerx2

Welcome to the forum Raacerx2! :thumbup:

Could you please resize your first two photos to a maximum of 800 x 600 please to comply with our guidelines? They might make the page load slowly for some people at their current size. If you aren't sure how, there is a link in my signature. Thanks! :pir-classic:

Welcome to the forum Raacerx2! :thumbup:

Could you please resize your first two photos to a maximum of 800 x 600 please to comply with our guidelines? They might make the page load slowly for some people at their current size. If you aren't sure how, there is a link in my signature. Thanks! :pir-classic:

Certainly! Let me see if I can do it via my hosting!

Welcome to the forums and more importantly welcome back to LEGO.

Nice MOC, I can tell by you pieces that you have some original Pirates sets like myself.

I'll get this indexed soon.

Welcome to Eurobricks and nice MOC!

It's always good to hear people coming out of their dark ages.

This is a nice scene and I especially like the secret hatches. Keep it up!

Thanks for the encouraging words! The secret hatch has a rope (extra from the Queen Anne's Revenge) to pull it back up, and there is a jewel chest behind the door; forgot to get a photo.

Pretty bummed my mom gave away the majority of them when I was in my teens (used to have quite the epic collection of pirates and castles), but I am slowly rebuilding the collection. It's pretty funny; I see a lot of people in their mid to late twenties getting back into it. No more "pew pew pew" or "bang bang", but my brain desperately needs a creative outlet beyond my work place.

I just found some of the individual brick sites and my credit card felt it last night. Picked up a few thousand pieces of various things I need, as well as some Pick a Brick stuff before I realized you could buy it much cheaper. =( Learning.

Going to build a nice table in our game room and begin to put together a massive 3.5'x6' table. I'd like to do a huge MOC pirate setup over the next year. Got tons of space and need something to do with it, so the weekly LEGO budget has been created. :shark:

Edited by Raacerx2