Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

[moc] The Hand

I don't come here often. But I'm starting to like Hero factory pieces more and more. Here's one of my more unusual mocs.

7074174035_491a6207fa_c.jpg

For most mocs, finding a good 3d reference picture is difficult. But not with this one. I just have to put it in my hand and make sure the curves are right.

I'm liking this. The only possible problem is that each finger only bends in two places, excluding the thumb. Otherwise, it's awesome; especially the way the palm curves like an actual hand. Now, if only it had skin...

Add some power functions and you’re good to go! :grin:

I personally think its great. The only problem I have with it is the missing joints in the fingers. But it looks perfectly fine, its more of a function issue rather than an issue with the looks. I really like the wrists; great use of the shoulder armor.

Takua Nui's right. A normal human hand has 15 points of articulation excluding the wrist. Your MOC only has 10 of those 15.

Guys, chillax about the articulation, this moc probably isn't about matching functionality, just the form of a hand. It does a fine job of that, and I really like how this was done.

Keep up the good work lisqr, I hope to see more from you!

Guys, chillax about the articulation, this moc probably isn't about matching functionality, just the form of a hand. It does a fine job of that, and I really like how this was done.

Keep up the good work lisqr, I hope to see more from you!

At a first glance you don't quite notice the missing joints; it looks perfectly fine. I suppose it would be an added plus to have the other 5 points of articulation, but as far as looks go, there's nothing wrong with it.

It would be hard, but it would look really cool if an entire body was made out hero factory pieces.

Who said something about a whole body? I read the other comments and I didn't see anyone right that unless the comment got removed.

I think he's just suggesting that himself. Anyway, that would be pretty near impossible, because the body would use so many joints and be so heavy that it would crumple under its own weight.