Sign in to follow this  
Aanchir

New York Toy Fair Coverage Part Eight: Star Wars

Does anyone know if the Gammorean Guard mold is going to be regular plastic like the Ewoks or a rubber piece like Watto?

Those Sith troopers look incredible!

I love that Lego is doing so much EU, but I can't say that I really like the look of some of the parts (ships, droids).

Of course Jabba's palace is Awesome! :wub:

Those Sith troopers look incredible!

I love that Lego is doing so much EU, but I can't say that I really like the look of some of the parts (ships, droids).

Of course Jabba's palace is Awesome! :wub:

To be fair, it is the SWTOR droids that are ugly. Not so much the minifigs.

The Sith troopers are pretty much a reason to get the set in and of themselves. (Darth Malgus not so much as pretty much the same look can be achieved by co mingling parts from a Vader, Voldemort and Ca d Bane figs ;/ )

To be fair, it is the SWTOR droids that are ugly. Not so much the minifigs.

That's true. I felt the same way about the rogue shadow which, although a sleek ship, just wasn't that pretty. It is definitely the original ship design at fault, not the lego translation.

I'll be getting Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter, Desert Skiff, Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter, as well as the Lobot planet set.

Maybe on the two Old Republic ones & Malevolence, depending on if I have enough spare cash from both my Lego & Hasbro collecting...

EDIT: Maybe on the Gungan Sub as well.

Edited by commanderneyo

That Star fighter is a bit too much to ask really, there is no way I'm paying that much for it.

I might get the Skiff, it looks quite cool with the Boba Fett with Lego printing :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

I'm looking forward to the two SWTOR ships and the Skiff. The Bongo... meh! Best thing there is the Queen Amidala fig. A lot of the next series just isn't grabbing me the way that the last few have. I know everyone has been clamoring for Jabba's Palace, but it misses something for me. Even with the great figs. I'm a huge Clone Wars fan and even I can't see the point of the Pre Vizla Mando fighter? And the Malevolence just seems ... yuch!" And while I would love a complete Jedi collection, yet another Jedi Starfighter is just not making my heart go thump thump thump.

For me this Summer I fear it will be the EU ships, the Skiff, maybe the Bongo and then off to play with the hobitses.

Edited by Faefrost