Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

Sorry my mistake I am not too good with Ebay. £56 for the 9 figures that seems high even for a prerelease. Somthing doesnt seem right here :sceptic: .

It's not fake, shops have ordered it from what I've heard, just time will tell..

If it's a promo, it's a bit stupid, they would make a bigger profit if they sold them like CMS, but maybe using a promo that way it may make it easier for people to complete their collection..

I really hope that these minifigures are real! But I hope that this is not the final design, because it would be good with some new pieces! :grin:

And maybe there will be seven other minifigures that will be made to this olympic series? Then, it would be sixteen minifigures!

LEGOfan123

Edited by LEGOfan123

OH man I hope not...then I'll have even harder time to get them. :cry_sad:

Seriously.

Dont worry if these are a paper freeby I will gladly buy them in huge numbers and sell them to fellow AFOLs of the world very cheaply. :classic:

You sir, are a saint.

Too bad they didn't include a paralympic athlete, it would have been a nice touch.

Maybe the other seven are paralympics and as it is a bit later there are no pictures yet?

Edited by Hrw-Amen

Frankly speaking...I think this exclusive set is not really attractive to me.

Perhaps if Lego could add some new types (i.e. previously unreleased) of sports, the set could become better.

But I must say that the printing is cool indeed!!

Too bad they didn't include a paralympic athlete, it would have been a nice touch.

I don't think this will be happening. This is basically an advertisement for the 2012 Olympics in London. Since theres no handicapped Olympians, I don't think they'd make the figs.

I don't think this will be happening. This is basically an advertisement for the 2012 Olympics in London. Since theres no handicapped Olympians, I don't think they'd make the figs.

But there are, that is what the paralympics is and it is part of the 2012 Olympics in London. (And other places in the UK, lets not forget it is not just about London or able bodied people.)

I have to say I am shocked by this statement!

I think you need to do some reading..

Paralympics 2012

D

I have to say I am shocked by this statement!

I think you need to do some reading..

Paralympics 2012

D

I think what he means is that these minifigures are made specifically for the Olympics, not the Paralympics. So by no handicapped Olympians, I believe he is referring to in the Olympics, instead of the Paralympics.

I think what he means is that these minifigures are made specifically for the Olympics, not the Paralympics. So by no handicapped Olympians, I believe he is referring to in the Olympics, instead of the Paralympics.

Thank you. I guess I could've worded it differently. I very much know there's a Paralympics, there's a log time family friend who has a daughter who's a runner(and a damned good one, at that).

I think Paralympic figs would be too much to hope for. All the figs we've seen so far, if they are indeed real, are essentially recolors of other CMFs. For Paralympics, they would need brand new molds for things like wheelchairs. If that picture we've seen is legit, then I would assume that it does in fact show the full range of Olympic figures.

Going over this thread and seeing all the people affirming the images' authenticity, and all the other people certain this is a hoax, I don't know what to think. Is there any new information about these yet (such as, most critically, whether they're real or not)?

This guy is accepting pre-orders on eBay. Yet he's the only one.

Buyer beware.

Until we see official confirmation of these figures, I'd advise everyone to steer clear of this :sceptic:

I'd think that if these were fake TLG would have already announced so... Or this could be a wicked publicity stunt... I don't know. :tongue: I guess we'll just have to wait.

That's a good point. I'm sure they would've done or said something about this picture... Look how fast they are to swoop in when a watermarked picture surfaces. They're Internet ninjas. :laugh:

I Don't think they will be doing this for london 2012. The lego looks old and dated and ins't Lego made in usa?china or something :sceptic:

If this is real, I will be disappointed as this was TLG's real chance to re-establish the Sports theme and yet they haven't taken it! The so-called figs look dated and there is only 1 new part. All the parts would e relatively easy to customize. I do think they are FAKES! :sceptic:

...I apologize in advance if my question has been answered in the past: Do we have confirmation that TLC will only release these Olympic minifigs in the UK? If so, how do the rest of us get a hold of a complete set, sans paying all the scalpers out there?... I took the time, effort and money to have a complete minifig series (Series 7 to-date) and would like to add these to the collection...

...I apologize in advance if my question has been answered in the past: Do we have confirmation that TLC will only release these Olympic minifigs in the UK?

No, at least not yet. Hence the uncertainty about whether or not these are real.

I seriously doubt that these are fake. People have just jumped to conclusions and saw they have old pieces, before citing they are fake. Ahem! The same thing happened with proto avengers figures. Guys, the high res images haven't showed up yet. Don't give up so soon.

I Don't think they will be doing this for london 2012. The lego looks old and dated and ins't Lego made in usa?china or something :sceptic:

You can't really tell in the picture if it's old or not... LEGO is made in many countries, I don't believe the US is one of them. Besides that, it wouldn't matter where it's made, they're shipped all over.