Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

What would we have to do to get LEGO to give VIPs the ability to purchase this group of minifigs instead of the set they announced a while back and haven't heard anything about lately?

It'll be over a year between announcement/vote and release, which seems like someone is dragging their heels (especially when they are already designed and have the moulds etc). Must be difficult to make sure official announcements and release dates are staggered so as not to effect other sales.

If these Olympic figs are released in the UK at the start of the summer, I'd imagine the 'VIP' figs perhaps mid summer? (Before LOTR sets in August?!)

Uhm, so is this real or not? I have not seen any evidence that it is, to be honest, other than that picture. The box and packet are obvious photoshops, and under the picture it says 200, not 2012... I am positive the picture is not real, so I don't get what people get their knickers in a twist for? :wacko:

Uhm, so is this real or not? I have not seen any evidence that it is, to be honest, other than that picture. The box and packet are obvious photoshops, and under the picture it says 200, not 2012... I am positive the picture is not real, so I don't get what people get their knickers in a twist for? :wacko:

It's totally fake. The photo doesn't even have proper lighting. The Lego logo is on there twice. The copyright says 200. The photo itself is very fishy. The mockup of the box seems photoshopped, and I think it says "series 9" in the top-left corner there (that would be a bizarre series).

Yeah, I'm just not buying it. It's someone just having a good time. I think they missed their April 1st deadline.

Edited by Zeya

Exactly!!! Not to mention the Marvel sets.....

Ihonestly think this is kinda biased and unfair, as only people in the UK will get these. I only hope that means we in the US get CMF Series 8 first... :sadnew:

I think it's perfectly fair - they're the host nation, they get all the promo stuff. Something to play with during all the traffic delays. :tongue:

It's totally fake. The photo doesn't even have proper lighting. The Lego logo is on there twice. The copyright says 200. The photo itself is very fishy. The mockup of the box seems photoshopped, and I think it says "series 9" in the top-left corner there (that would be a bizarre series). Oh and the person who broke the news is called "redbullgivesyouwind".

Yeah, I'm just not buying it. It's someone just having a good time. I think they missed their April 1st deadline.

Good eye! I am getting very skeptical, although I wouldn't be suprised if these were real. It seems that only time will tell.

Just noticed something else. The actual Logo for the London Olympics is not even on there. If this really was going to be a thing, do you think they would not have it on there? :wink:

The actual Logo for the London Olympics is not even on there. If this really was going to be a thing, do you think they would not have it on there? :wink:

Nope. This appears to be a license from the GB team and not the LOC (Local Organizing Committee) which actual runs the games under license from the IOC (International Olympic Committee). Two separate organizations two different trademarks.

That said I still have my doubts but remain hopeful.

It's totally fake. The photo doesn't even have proper lighting. The Lego logo is on there twice. The copyright says 200. The photo itself is very fishy. The mockup of the box seems photoshopped, and I think it says "series 9" in the top-left corner there (that would be a bizarre series). Oh and the person who broke the news is called "redbullgivesyouwind".

I noticed the same things.

Another reason I think this is fake, in my opinion, is that collectible minifigures are too big of a deal to be released in one region.

I have to admit, though, the prankster did a good job creating the minifigures. :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't even realize people were questioning this. I wasn't really interested (other than the affect it would have on my beloved CMF line) so I never really looked closely, but now that I look closer, it really seems like it could be a really well made fake. As someone mentioned the "series 9" seems wrong as well as some other things... I guess we'll see what happens with this.

Edited by mo123567

I don't think it's real or if it is, it's a very poor image. The image seems to be of a 1980's or 90's figure quality and i'm looking at the magnified image of the photo given. The image of the "box" of figures seems to be a very poor photoshop job and the packet image looks like a borderline poorly done job.

To be honest, I am not seeing where you see series 9 on the top left corner. That appears to be a logo rather than "Series 9".

Edited by TrumpetKing67

It's definitely fake - the person who posted it on Brickset has admitted as much. The only question I really have now is whether the whole concept was a fake or if we are indeed going to see Olympic figs in some form.

It's definitely fake - the person who posted it on Brickset has admitted as much. The only question I really have now is whether the whole concept was a fake or if we are indeed going to see Olympic figs in some form.

When did they admit this? I thought the general concensus was that the picture and wording, although shabby, is similar to other internal lego emails (from where this information and image were sourced).

Whilst I have no proof myself on this time will tell if TLG release an official statement (some would hazard a guess at an announcement at the UK's AFOLCON in May).

I actually can't find a clue of this stated to be a fake.

I wish it was because I couldn't collect this minifigs without paying them a lot.

I don't like country or national releases...

When Eurobricks' resident CMF Expert says...

This is as real as it gets. :sweet:

...I know who I'm inclined to believe!

Images that are blurry and of poor quality and strange-looking preliminary designs? We see this all the time from Lego.

When Eurobricks' resident CMF Expert says...

...I know who I'm inclined to believe!

Images that are blurry and of poor quality and strange-looking preliminary designs? We see this all the time from Lego.

I would agree with you as we all know who the CMs expert is around here but there seems to be a lot of evidence to support that it is fake. :sceptic: I geuss only time will tell

I'm going to throw a curveball out there... could these be a newspaper promo series?

We're due one here in the UK, not had one for a while & there appears to be only 9 of them (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun)

Any confirmation or denial officially from TLG would help establish whether these were genuine or not

I'm going to throw a curveball out there... could these be a newspaper promo series?

We're due one here in the UK, not had one for a while & there appears to be only 9 of them (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun)

Any confirmation or denial officially from TLG would help establish whether these were genuine or not

Hmm well I suppose it is possible but it is unlikely that LEGO would giv away thousnds of £2 figures with 30p newspapers. Though it would be nice.

Hmm well I suppose it is possible but it is unlikely that LEGO would giv away thousnds of £2 figures with 30p newspapers. Though it would be nice.

Why is it unlikely? It's no different to the last few giveaways.

OH man I hope not...then I'll have even harder time to get them. :cry_sad:

OH man I hope not...then I'll have even harder time to get them. :cry_sad:

Dont worry if these are a paper freeby I will gladly buy them in huge numbers and sell them to fellow AFOLs of the world very cheaply. :classic:

There is a ebay seller with these up for pre order. Thery're using the pic from the first page of this thread but it's bigger and less blurry.

There is a ebay seller with these up for pre order. Thery're using the pic from the first page of this thread but it's bigger and less blurry.

Where I searched Lego Olympic into ebay with no results. Unless they sold out already?