Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

Any tips for feeling out the archer? Bought a few of these at the weekend for the kids and wanted the archer myself as I do archery as a hobby. But it seems so difficult figuring out what the bits are in the bag, I didn't want to spend too much time fiddling with bags looking for the right ones.

This set is the trickiest to feel for so far, but this is my method:

find the hairpiece first. Sometimes that's enough, the swimmer's cap, rider's squishy hat, boxer's helmet, and runner's spiky hair are quite identifiable.

if you get an indescernible hairpiece - then check for accessories. Archer's bow, Tennis racket, weight lifter barbels

... process of elimination really, but once you get a feel for the feel, it's a doddle.

A package came for me today. And what was it? ANOTHER set of 9 Team GB minifigs. So now I have 2 full sets, and a spare Relay Runner and Equestrian :blush:

Any tips for feeling out the archer? Bought a few of these at the weekend for the kids and wanted the archer myself as I do archery as a hobby. But it seems so difficult figuring out what the bits are in the bag, I didn't want to spend too much time fiddling with bags looking for the right ones.

Feel for the bow, it's easy to feel

I just ordered the full set of nine. I think I payed a fair amount for them and now I can't wait until they arrive! :sweet:

They are definitely worth it. :thumbup: A great set of figs that I hope continue. Anybody is or around Rio? :grin:

They are definitely worth it. :thumbup: A great set of figs that I hope continue. Anybody is or around Rio? :grin:

planning so far ahead when this current one is not over yet? :laugh::tongue:

Sold out here in less than a week. AFOLs are far too savvy to let these slip away.

I don't have the time to look it up at the moment, so could someone tell me where I am able to purchase these (online, shipping to Germany)? Thanks a lot!

I don't have the time to look it up at the moment, so could someone tell me where I am able to purchase these (online, shipping to Germany)? Thanks a lot!

Try Bricklink

johnlewis.com

I've ordered 2x 60. Received one case with top torn off, but correct distribution of figures.

And the second 60 figs just were loose bags in a shipping box without the correct distribution :(

Their order collectors at the warehouse really have no practical sense in collecting an order containing a full box worth of figs..

Hi

many thanky to Dervish and Johnlewis, too!

While i spent hours in London and even did not get a single fig, i was now able to get 60 for the regular price, 1,99 plus 7,50£ shipping, easily with online shopping...

What a waste of time to search for shops with Team GB figs in London.

My box was opened too but just for counting. No bag seemed to be touched or sorted.

Dino

I'll be in England over the next week, just wondering if these are still available in stores?

Try & find a Tesco supermarket, they got theirs late & might have plenty available at £1.97 or £1.99 or there's the overpriced option of WH Smith at £2.49 each!

I'll be in England over the next week, just wondering if these are still available in stores?

If you can find a nearby John Lewis they should still have some, as they have a mini Olympics section in-store. My local one had gb minifigs in that section and in the Lego section

Hi

do not search for stores in London. It is a waste of time, you betterenjoy this great city than looking for something that is hard to find (in volumes). I was there a week and got home without a single fig. I bought 60 of them easily online.

Dino

If you're in London and just want a few, the best place to go is the LEGO store in the Westfield Shopping Centre.

I was there last weekend and they still had plenty left.

Hi everybody!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have time to read all 30 pages of this thread. I purchased the boxer minifig, and when I assembled it, I found, to my surprise, that the helmet doesn't fit the figure with the medal on. Is this the same with everybody, or is it just an error with the mold? I find it strange that this got through TLG's quality control.

Thanks!

Hi everybody!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have time to read all 30 pages of this thread. I purchased the boxer minifig, and when I assembled it, I found, to my surprise, that the helmet doesn't fit the figure with the medal on. Is this the same with everybody, or is it just an error with the mold? I find it strange that this got through TLG's quality control.

Thanks!

It's the same with everyone. If you look closely at the medal, the helmet is touching it, thus preventing it from going down further. It is the exact same if you put the medal on the S5 Boxer. :classic: