Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

The July newsletter for the Milton Keynes Lego store gives a release date of 1st July for the Team GB Minifigs :sweet:

Edited by tbroyd

I will be happy to get them at cost price for people, there is also a lot of Brickset members offering to do the same as well.

Bricksan - If you are able to, I would love to get a set at cost plus shipping. I just need one of each. I am new to the forum and have recently gotten back into lego since my son is at the perfect age. Please let me know how to get in contact with you to work something out.

Thank you so much.

...I can't tell, are you agreeing or disagreeing with my post? Because what you just said was largely the point I was trying to make. Some people are suggesting that TLG should have released this minifigure series in more countries than just Great Britain, and my point was that international fans would not have been a significant enough market for that to have been profitable.

Essentially, the largest concentration of people excited about the Olympics this year will be either people native to the host country or people who are visiting there to watch the Games themselves. Elsewhere there will surely be some Olympic hype but not enough to create a reliable customer base for such a specific product as this one.

Yep, there's never, ever hype about something people have been waiting for for four years. How silly of me. :sarcasm_smug:

Anyway, we'll see how things go. Then we'll see who's right.

2004/2005 :wink:

Irrelevant. We can learn from the past, but only the future will tell.

Yep, there's never, ever hype about something people have been waiting for for four years. How silly of me. :sarcasm_smug:

Anyway, we'll see how things go. Then we'll see who's right.

My point wasn't that there's no hype. My point was that it's not spread out evenly enough for a worldwide release to really prove worthwhile. The hype as always is strongest in the host country, and TLG would be taking a huge gamble releasing their first event-specific product of this scale to a global market, when they know exactly where they can expect the most reliable sales.

In any event, Great Britain is where the devotion to the British team will be strongest, and since this minifigure series is celebrating them as much as the games themselves, a British release makes much more sense than a worldwide release.

Unfortunately we won't have any definitive answer of who's right unless TLG does release an olympic series worldwide and it either succeeds or fails. Since there are no known plans to do so, we know nothing about whether TLG has made the best decision financially. But I think we can agree they've made the safest decision.

Hi!

once again, does somebody know where I can get this Minifigures if I live in the U.S.? I'm a mini fig collector and would really have a hold of this minifigures . Thank you!

Hi!

once again, does somebody know where I can get this Minifigures if I live in the U.S.? I'm a mini fig collector and would really have a hold of this minifigures . Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry but the figures aren't coming out in the US, only I the UK. The only reason you could get them is trading with someone in the UK.

Looks like the base for these will be printed!

n_8909_detail_4.jpg

Well, if these are successful, then they will probably release other countries when they host the games. So eventually you would get competitors from multiple countries to make your own mini-Olympics??

Might be a good idea. Might be a horrible business idea. That's why I'm not working for TLG.

Ooooh, swanky! I concur with Legobrandon.

Blast it, I really want these now, and I'm not even a sports fan! Curse LEGO, making me shell out for sports figures! :laugh: I've already put together whole teams of the baseball, soccer/football and hockey players from Series 3 and 4, and I'm going to want these as well. I hope it'll be possible to get them in the US through Amazon or something...

These are supposed to go on sale on July 1, correct?

These are supposed to go on sale on July 1, correct?

Correct. But as July 1st is a Sunday the staff at my store told me they think they'll be putting them out a few days early.

I am AFOL located in the U.S. and am looking for one of our UK brethren to help me get a set of these. I do not care if they are opened, but just want one each with the inserts. If someone can reasonably help me out, please contact me. Thanks.

Bricksan - If you are able to, I would love to get a set at cost plus shipping. I just need one of each. I am new to the forum and have recently gotten back into lego since my son is at the perfect age. Please let me know how to get in contact with you to work something out.

Thank you so much.

I am AFOL located in the U.S. and am looking for one of our UK brethren to help me get a set of these. I do not care if they are opened, but just want one each with the inserts. If someone can reasonably help me out, please contact me. Thanks.

:sceptic: Stop spamming the topic please.

{pic}

:wub:

MUST. IMPORT. NOW!

This is an unexpected nice surprise! It will make these new CMF minifigures even much desirable and worthy to collect. :sweet:

Im seeing if any of my London mates can help me get some. What stores are going to carry these? I assume the flagship Olympic souvenir shop (if they have one like at the Vancouver Winter Games) and London LEGO stores? Any other places?

Im seeing if any of my London mates can help me get some. What stores are going to carry these? I assume the flagship Olympic souvenir shop (if they have one like at the Vancouver Winter Games) and London LEGO stores? Any other places?

The high-street department store John Lewis & the major supermarket chains (Tesco, Asda, etc) were all mentioned in the press release.

The high-street department store John Lewis & the major supermarket chains (Tesco, Asda, etc) were all mentioned in the press release.

Thanks pjonze! :sweet:

There are some good pictures at Brickipedia.

Edited by Otherworld

Is there a reason why the Olympic Rings aren't printed in the official colours?

If they were going to use multicolor prints on the bases, they'd surely do the Team GB emblem as well, but they haven't. It's just a single-color print for the whole thing.

Why single-color prints? I imagine these figures are already surely pretty expensive for TLG to produce, given that they'll undoubtedly have an even lower production run than other Minifigures series, and those others don't even have any printing on the bases at all. Here they're not only doing these unique prints and element colors for the figures, headgear, etc., but even the bases are molded in a color unique to this release, and printed on top of that. Making the prints multicolored on top of everything else might push the production costs for these above what TLG is willing to invest in them.

If they were going to use multicolor prints on the bases, they'd surely do the Team GB emblem as well, but they haven't. It's just a single-color print for the whole thing.

Why single-color prints? I imagine these figures are already surely pretty expensive for TLG to produce, given that they'll undoubtedly have an even lower production run than other Minifigures series, and those others don't even have any printing on the bases at all. Here they're not only doing these unique prints and element colors for the figures, headgear, etc., but even the bases are molded in a color unique to this release, and printed on top of that. Making the prints multicolored on top of everything else might push the production costs for these above what TLG is willing to invest in them.

You make a very valid point. Thanks! I didn't think of it that way.