Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

John Lewis Southampton had a box out today. I thought I had managed to collect the set but upon opening the packets I picked up a swimmer I thought was the Judo guy, so now I have two swimmers. I don't know how I'm going to get the Judo figure, I'm thinking by process of elimination e.g. lack of accessories etc. I found the tips further up in this thread really useful for finding the boxer and horse rider. I'm slightly disappointed because I thought I had them all.

Hey scrib, there's no VAT on your purchase? I though retail of £2 exclude vat?

I picked up a box from WHS smith yesterday (we only have one WHS SMith in the whole island) - I'm pretty worried about these showing up again so I bit the bullet and bought a box of 60 at £2.50 each. I will post the breakdown of my box when I get the opportunity to sort through them!

I love these figs!!

@Big Pete - your display is very nice!

Big Pete - I love how you've displayed your collection.

Mum found the Judo figure for me this morning so I now have a complete set which has left me ridiculously excited!

natelite, the receipt says that VAT was 19.90, but it was included in the total of 119.40.

Also, this deviates a bit off topic from the Team GB minifigs but it does involve a CMF piece...

I picked up The Zombies set from Argos yesterday since it's not available in the States yet and I was tired of waiting for it. Jack McHammer + Team GB Archer's Superman hair in Dark Orange = Chuck Norris. When I get back to the States, I'm switching out his robotic arm for a right green sleeve and standard hand.

Edited by Scrib

Just got back from WHSmiths today and purchased my first lot of Olympic Minifigures and was shocked. I didn't get one duplicate its amazing! I got six in total: The runner, swimmer, horse rider, weight lifter, tennis player a d the Judo girl. They are incredible and I am glad I got them.

Hey scrib, there's no VAT on your purchase? I though retail of £2 exclude vat?

UK prices are (almost) always quoted including VAT - the price you see is the price you pay, unlike in the US.

For anybody else looking for another place to purchase both Tesco and Sainburys have got the team GB minifigs in. Tesco price is £1.97 and not sure about Sainsburys.

Hello! This is my first post in the forum. I'm from Spain and this past weekend was in London and bought some of these figures, but I'm missing the following ones:

3x Karate

1x Tennis

1x Archer

1x Boxer

1x Weight lifter

1x Relay runner

I have 2 swimmers and some series 2 figures to trade for, the ringmaster and weight lifter. Also I couldmget some series 4 figures.

All of my figures are sealed, I've checked them all by feeling the pieces.

Anyone interested in trading please let me know!

This might be a futile question, but is there any place in the US to get these?

I'm looking for any of these that are still sealed. I see alot of auctions out there where the sellers have cut a slit into the bag to verify the contents, but I'm hoping to just get any, let alone someone just using the feel method to find certain ones.

This might be a futile question, but is there any place in the US to get these?

I'm looking for any of these that are still sealed. I see alot of auctions out there where the sellers have cut a slit into the bag to verify the contents, but I'm hoping to just get any, let alone someone just using the feel method to find certain ones.

There's plenty of people on here offering... What does it matter if they're opened? Don't you plan on opening them?

This minifigure collection will be great for commemorating the Olympics and all the minifigures look excellent. :wink:

There's plenty of people on here offering... What does it matter if they're opened? Don't you plan on opening them?

Yea, I know, but I'm interested in any vendors or stores. As for opening them, that's my own business.

Hi

that is quiet disappointing: I spent 1,5h to go to the Westfield shopping center with Lego store. Guess what? The did not had a single Olympic fig left. They will be restocked not until Tuesday... Even then, youmare limited to nine fig per person and day...

Any great tips from Londoners where to get a sealed box on sunday?

Dino

Does anyone know if the horseback rider's helmet comes off? I don't have the Friends set, and since I am in the U.S. I don't know. It appears to in Pandora's review of the Stable, but can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the horseback rider's helmet comes off? I don't have the Friends set, and since I am in the U.S. I don't know. It appears to in Pandora's review of the Stable, but can anyone confirm? Thanks!

If you'd read the text of Pandora's review, you'd know that it are two separate hairpieces: one regular hairpiece and one with the helmet molded on.

Any great tips from Londoners where to get a sealed box on sunday?

You can try WHSmiths or John Lewis but your chances of getting a sealed box from any UK store on a Sunday is remote. Reason being that stores in the don't take many deliveries on Saturdays. So by Sunday, most stores will have opened any boxes they had in stock and put them on display. Your chances are significantly increased if you can go on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Amps

If you'd read the text of Pandora's review, you'd know that it are two separate hairpieces: one regular hairpiece and one with the helmet molded on.

Sorry, I had read her review, but hadn't seen the part where it says that the hole was for accessories. I thought that the hat inserted there.

I can't speak for Hawkman, but I'd also prefer unopened ones myself, and I do plan on opening them. I just would rather get to open a LEGO set myself, even a tiny one such as a Minifigure; to me, it's simply part of the initial experience.

Just received a full case of the figs from JohnLewis.com.

Too bad I did NOT get a factory sealed box, but one that had it top torn and cut off PIC=(

Now I have to order another box..

But anyways..

I can confirm the full case contents that Scrib posted earlier

Like usually, my case (413B2) had the figs different order.

EDIT: Double post *huh*

Edited by Dervish

I wasn't a fan of the whole Olympic franchise at first seeing how much money was wasted on it. But I admit, from getting one a Sainsburys earlier today I have to say the Archer is rather nice, especially the hair.