Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

its official - link

UK only, £1.99 per figure, set of 9 characters - available at retail from July 1st.

Brawny Boxer, The Stealth Swimmer, Relay Runner, Judo Fighter, Tactical Tennis Player, Flexible Gymnast, Wondrous Weightlifter, Horseback Rider and Agile Archer

- I expect the Lego stratford store will do quite well with these :)

Edited by mrklaw

its official - link

UK only, £1.99 per figure, set of 9 characters - available at retail from July 1st.

Brawny Boxer, The Stealth Swimmer, Relay Runner, Judo Fighter, Tactical Tennis Player, Flexible Gymnast, Wondrous Weightlifter, Horseback Rider and Agile Archer

- I expect the Lego stratford store will do quite well with these :)

Ok very cool. So now the uniforms will be more accurate to Team Britain?

If you dont count the printing, the new parts seem to be:

Blue boxing gloves and headgear

Blue barbel weight

White 3l rod/barbel center

White swimming cap

Black equestrian helmet

I think some of the hair may be in new colors too although I cant be sure. (tennis player, judo fighter, archer)

its official - link

Thanks for the news! I've updated the first post with the images we have so far.

Thanks also to Rick for frontpaging. :wub:

As I said when this was just a rumour, I'm eager to get Series 7.5 here. Being in Canada, though, it may prove a challenge. Hopefully I can convince one of my Commonwealth brethren to scoop up a set to ship overseas to me.

I am extremely looking forward to it. Looks like our UK friends will be very busy to help the world to get it.

Thank you Rick for the frontpage and Rufus for the update of the first page.

Oh dear, for someone who is a massive Olympic fan this is terribly exciting news to have it confirmed. It's gonna be costly :( now I need to find someone who is willing to get a couple of sealed boxes to go with my other Olympic Memorabilia.

See told you, will still be taking orders for them as well.

Edited by Bricksan

If you dont count the printing, the new parts seem to be:

Blue boxing gloves and headgear

Blue barbel weight

White 3l rod/barbel center

White swimming cap

Black equestrian helmet

I think some of the hair may be in new colors too although I cant be sure. (tennis player, judo fighter, archer)

Yep, some of the hair pieces are new colors - the ponytail in light yellow and black, the spiky hair in dark brown, and the Superman hair looks to be either dark orange or medium nougat on the archer.

These look great. Wish I had a connect in the UK to get these.

I'm sure there will be people willing to trade so stay tuned! Personally I'm more interested in the new colour moulds and picking up a bunch of new faces and black bows, than I am about the actual figs. Hopefully now this announcement is out the way we might start to hear some series 8 news!!

Strange that only 3 of 9 figures are female. Surely they could've made at least one more of them a female, just to even things out a bit.

Anyway, nice looking figures, though the British branding of them lessens the appeal for me (which I suppose is good). Do wish LEGO had taken this a step further and done a whole CMF series of generic athletes and released them everywhere. Just because the Olympics are in London doesn't mean we're all not just as excited about it.

To repeat what i have said already, I will be getting a few boxes to distribute to those not in the UK at cost price plus P&P.

To repeat what i have said already, I will be getting a few boxes to distribute to those not in the UK at cost price plus P&P.

Thanks for doing that. I may have to be in touch when the time comes closer. I'm sure most of the world will be appreciative of your (and others) efforts to allow everyone to get these.

I like You already :)

One 60 fig case here to get my magical 6 full sets <3

Wow! I'm going to need a UK connection, I see - not just for these, but for Star Wars: Battle of Hoth, as well. Argh, how to manage this...

Strange that only 3 of 9 figures are female. Surely they could've made at least one more of them a female, just to even things out a bit.

Like many of us I definitely want to see a better balance of the sexes in LEGO minifigures throughout the various themes, but I can't say I find this "strange," exactly. Most LEGO themes have long been dominated by male minifigures, including the Minifigures line; this Olympic series actually has the most female representation, proportionally speaking (3 out of 9, or 1 in 3, as opposed to the regular series having anywhere from 2 to 5 female characters per 16). It's therefore actually something of an improvement, though there's still a long way to go...

Stealth Swimmer? How in the world does that work? :wacko: On the other hand, these guys look good! We'll see how expensive they are before I buy any off BL though.

No trading here please. Use the BTSF forum. Thanks!

Those pictures are incredible. :oh3: I am so jealous of those of you who are British right now. :cry_sad: I'm going to have to get some of these, one way or another though. Especially the equestrian and the swimmer, but probably most of them.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hi

luckily i will be the week before the games starting in London and Cambridge. Beside the sightseeing&photography i will meet the Lego store.

Will you get these figs like as CMFs in sealed and opaque bags? If yes it will be bad, i am not very good in "feeling the pakets".

Dino

Yes as rufus said no trades here, I will only deal with pm's as they are easier to track. Back on topic I think it is awesome that Team GB contact TLG to do these hence why they are TEAM GB exclusives not Olympic exclusives, a different license altogether.

I see more than one person in this thread has referred to the minifigures as looking "dated," and I don't get it. How are they dated-looking?