Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

Result! One good thing to come out of the Olympics then! I'll be snagging a set of these asap for myself, depending on stock levels of my local suppliers I may be able to get more sets to ship abroad :wink:

Put me down as someone in the colonies who wants a set, if one of my fine cousins in the UK could hook me up with one.

I specifically like the Equestrian. Not entirely sure why, but I do.

Put me down as someone in the colonies who wants a set, if one of my fine cousins in the UK could hook me up with one.

From a down under colony (NZ) I want a whole carton, please. :wub:

Wow....UK exclusive? WIN! I suddenly want these because it says they are exclusive. I've never had anything exclusive before! Maybe just because exclusive things are rare. Very rare. You get an exclusive item once in your lifetime and if you don't get it, you're screwed.....but that only happens if you say to your friends that there is some exclusive items out and you are going to get them before they are sold out, and then you find they are sold out and you get in sudden panic because if you go and tell your friends that you have it, you won't have proof and they will find out you don't really have it and beat you up for saying you would get it but you didn't. Now I hope that doesn't happen to me. And now I've gone off topic.

And now I've gone off topic.

So, please don't. :hmpf_bad:

I am a pessimist by nature and I don't believe everything I hear/read, but for whatever reason I believe(d) that these are real. The small picture makes it hard for some details, but it is exciting nevertheless. I didn't consider them being faked, but if they are, then bravo. If they aren't, I will need to make friends with a UK AFOL stat! :sweet:

While I don't love all of them, I certainly wouldn't mind having something exclusive. I like the gymnast or equestrian rider the most!

Let's wait for more news on them in the coming days/weeks/months...

The image is most likely the prototypes so no doubt the finished ones might have this years official strip. It is also worth noting these are Team GB Olympic exclusive not a generic Olympic set, different license hence why they are UK exclusives. Also a lot of toy shops in the UK will be out of pocket if they are fake as a lot have ordered stock if you read comments on Brickset.

For those wanting them once the official word is out and release date, send me a message to sort what you want out. :)

The equestrian rider will be the easiest to identify. Just feel for the horse! (Joking.)

Time to import! :tongue:

I'm totally going to get all nine. They all look great, and I hope they have new faces. Also, this gateways to so much CMF possibilities. I hope they make some Super Heroes CMFs. :grin:

I'm also unsure if these are real as well. I work for a television station, and when the Olympics are on we are not even allowed to say the word because we don't have the rights to use it (we have to use Summer games or Winter games etc). So getting a license for these I would assume would be very difficult and/or expensive. Is TLG making a ton of them and selling them for a higher price than regular CM's to cover the cost(s)? I guess we'll wait an see.....

Edited by legomaniac83

5/6 different sources have confirmed this is official and the license is TEAM GB not Olympics ;)

RJH, I'll more than likely take you up on your offer(or someone else willing) in case you're too backed up with orders. :tongue: Depending on how much a set will cost, including shipping. I'd like all nine, shipping to California...we'll see.

There's huge PR for Team GB. It wouldn't surprise me if there's Lego minifigs as I fully expect a glut of merchandising supporting Team GB. Everything from replica sporting gear to hideous bone china tea sets. And in between stuff like teddy bears and dolls and yes, Lego minifigs.

I think they look great. Nine is a very odd number though. Why not a round ten? I note that there's no medals included. It would be nice if the medal from the swimming champ in series 7 came in gold silver and bronze with these. If they're available at a reasonable price I'd buy them all.

Definitely want a set! These are just too pretty to pass up, and I'm sure I'll find uses for these guys besides JUST display. :thumbup:

I honestly hope these are real, but I'm leaning towards fake. why would they just release Nine when there are lots of olympic events? And I noticed that no new parts were seen in the pictures, save the torsos and legs. Someone could've just put decals on regular torsos to make new ones. Also, at the bottom, anyone notice that it doesn't say the exact date, but something like [2oo*]? And since when did LEGO ever release pictures like that, in front of a grey background. And the picture at the side doesn't exactly seem like something The LEGO Group ever do? Finally, it doesn't even seem like the logo at the top is the official Olympic Logo, which suggests that LEGO didn't partner with the official Olympics to produce these.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling fake on these. However, if they do turn out to be real, I give you permission to rub it in my face. :facepalm:

Why can't this be in the U.S.?! :cry_sad: (insert sigh here), oh well. :hmpf_bad:

The Equestrian's Hairpiece looks new, is it?

cool. . . but it's too bad there UK exclusive. Maybe there will be US exclusive?

I can see an international LEGO Olympic contested coming soon ;)

I hope so! A chance to possibly win these for FREE would be great, but even better would be some of the ideas that could come out of it!

That reminds me, I need to get back to work on my CMF Series 6 entry!

Very cool!

But everyone seem to be asking the wrong question,

Where was this during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics?! :sing:

Only way I can get these is through a Eurobricks contest/raffle :tongue: