Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

CITY Motors

I posted this morning I would be coming out with some new creations to fit Lego City better. :classic:

Since many of the new trucks and vans release in 2012 have the logo CITY on their grilles and bodywork, then I though CITY Motors would make a great sub-theme.

First MOC is called CITY Bearings.

city_bearings_97.jpg

First thing you will see it's based on something from Lego City in 2009....guess what ?

city_bearings_98.jpg

Now a home truth, the drive belts hanging up there are NOT Lego ones, but 25x1mm belts I use in fixing DVD players (couldn't get any more Lego ones at the moment). :blush:

The red boxes on the shelf are bearing kits, but what do you think are those white/red tubes and that device on the bottom shelf ?

city_bearings_99.jpg

Closer look at that object.

Next will be a tyre and battery fitting bay linked to this building....comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Keep watching ! :classic:

A grease gun? Nice work, lightningtiger, I like it.

Bingo, you got it first shot 'Churchill'. :classic:

I seem to have a knack for making small to medium sized minifig scale tools and machinery, oh....now what can I come up with the tyre and battery place eh ? :wink:

I think your choice of customer gave it away!

Sort of, I built it up in front of a friend of mine who was a motor mechanic once (back problems got him out of that job) and he guess grease gun without our Fonzie look-a-like ! :wink:

Work is under way on the tyre place right now. :wink:

Well, so far, so good. You are truly the king of 8x16 buildings. I always like seeing the details and bits you put inside your buildings.

Well, so far, so good. You are truly the king of 8x16 buildings. I always like seeing the details and bits you put inside your buildings.

Thanks, I decided to keep some of detailing as per a regular Lego City set. Though the tyre place, I'll need to get more radical with equipment since it's for trucks and heavy machinery. :blush:

Nice to have you back in this century :wink: Even though I liked you 50'es cruise a lot.

I love the idea of small City additions. They're my one weakness you know :wink: This is a great shop. Every collectible minifig, ought to have their own little shop or scenerie in Lego City.

Edited by MadManMingo

Nice to have you back in this century :wink: Even though I liked you 50'es cruise a lot.

I love the idea of small City additions. They're my one weakness you know :wink: This is a great shop every collectible minifig, ought to have their own little shop or scenerie in Lego City.

Thanks 'MadMan', the 1950's street is still a go'er, but costings at the moment I had to halt it's development. Where as this new sidebar project I have most of the parts in stock.

The next one is really under way, tyre changing machine is complete in it.....posting it once finished. :wink:

Not bad, like especially the sign :classic:

Thanks, I'm currently designing the sign for CITY Tyres, had to pinch parts from my police and fire stations to start on the tyre place....at least I have my forest police station intact. :wink:

Today I tossed together the tyre fitting bay for CITY Tyres, no lift here but a tyre changing machine.....bad news is my batteries died in the camera AGAIN ! :hmpf_bad::blush:

Anyway, here is what I do have to show for today.

city_tyres_98.jpgcity_tyres_99.jpg

I'll try and get shots of the tyre changing machine on it's own tomorrow.

Some trial and error designing lays ahead to make a trolley jack to suit both minifig and 6 wide vehicle scale.

Comments, suggestions, etc., always welcome. :classic:

Edit - tomorrow I should get a start on the next structure to join onto the other two, but what ?

Do I build a showroom (remember it's Lego City style build...size does matter) or simply a sale office for truck sales yard next to it ?

Edited by lightningtiger

As promised, a close up of the tyre changing machine.

city_tyres_97.jpg

Hopefully, I start work on the next stage but I still need ideas what should be next ? :classic:

Update time plus thanks to 'Rick' for retitling this topic. :classic:

city_motors_97.jpg

Interior to the office is done now, plus I hope more vehicles soon. I decided to have the 4x4 that comes with the dirt bikes in the Great Vehicle stripped down to just a simple fresh-off-the-lot 4x4 as you would buy before all the trim goes on.

Comments and suggestions very welcome.

Keep watching. :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

Very nice building with lots of details. I like the clean color combo with the combination of the blue tinted windows.

Just a thought: what if the advertising banners would go over the complete front of the buidling?

Keep up the great work!

Farnheim

Very nice building with lots of details. I like the clean color combo with the combination of the blue tinted windows.

Just a thought: what if the advertising banners would go over the complete front of the buidling?

Keep up the great work!

Farnheim

Thanks 'Farnheim' :sweet: , more stickers eh ? Well perhaps one or two more, my goal was designing something that only required a handful of stickers not my usual few dozzen :blush: . The sticker count is 8 for this one and that includes the stickers binding the drive belts like real ones on display in a similar place.

I kept the design elements simple, yet having some highly detailed parts without going over-board.

If I did add any more stickers, where should they go ? :look:

Edit - Oops, I forgot...

Cuusoo web page for CITY Motors (vehicle sales/tyres & batteries/bearings & drive belts)

Edited by lightningtiger

Thanks 'Legocrazy81' and 'brickcitydepot' for your kind words, I'm now planning a different sub-theme short that I was originally working on three years even before I joined EB.

You mean something like this....

snip!

Still more to come. :classic:

This is exactly how i thought it would look like! :laugh:

I'm now planning a different sub-theme short that I was originally working on three years even before I joined EB.

:oh: sounds interesting!

Thanks 'Farnheim' :sweet: , more stickers eh ? Well perhaps one or two more, my goal was designing something that only required a handful of stickers not my usual few dozzen :blush: . The sticker count is 8 for this one and that includes the stickers binding the drive belts like real ones on display in a similar place.

I kept the design elements simple, yet having some highly detailed parts without going over-board.

If I did add any more stickers, where should they go ? :look:

Edit - Oops, I forgot...

Cuusoo web page for CITY Motors (vehicle sales/tyres & batteries/bearings & drive belts)

Pretty cool, that you kept the design simple. That looks great. :thumbup: So, there are not even more stickers necessary. If I saw your advertising elements, I just thought on something like this: advertising panel - A long panel which goes over the whole storefront at the same height.

Never mind, if it doesn't work or fit (in case of the different heights of the garade door and the windows). I guess, it could be difficult to realize it. It was just a thought... :wink:

Advertise on, "lightningtiger" :wink: .

Farnheim

Thanks for the feedback 'Farnheim' and 'azuremoon', I see now a signs maybe running across the front and side. One saying CITY MOTORS again and the other on the actual front door side above which saying 'Sales Office'. Might do that tomorrow, wife is working tomorrow so I'll have some free time and not much money :cry_sad: to go and waste. :laugh: