andybear@hk

MOC : The Routemaster-bus

indexed.gif V-LB-03A & B-OV-30A

Hello all of Eurobricks members, :wink:

Here brings my new creation, The Routemaster - bus

I love double decker bus. Especially the classic style.

The most favorite is Routemaster of London.

In this creation I use some old style red window to show the classic feel,

also Use some printing tile from CARS to respresent the advertisement.

Also, I had built a small bus stop for the bus. Enjoy

The Rotemaster

01.jpg

Waiting the bus in the bus stop

02.jpg

There are seat, a ticke machine, and a classic style post box near the bus stop

03.jpg

The Routemaster is arriving

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

There is a staff in the bus enterence to check your ticket

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Easy take out design

11.jpg

The seat of the bus driver

12.jpg

The lower level

13.jpg

The enterence of lower level

14.jpg

The upper level

15.jpg

17.jpg

Other photo of te routemaster

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Many thanks for your watching and comments. :wink:

To be continue... :classic:

Very nice bus! The flow of the lines is excellent and the model definitely looks like the real thing!

Is it 8 wide?

I really like the use of printed tiles instead of stickers!

Are those "old" Lego windows? I was just sorting through some 1970's Lego the other day, and they remind me of the (very) style/size windows and doors. If so, this is a fantastic use of old elements in a new creation.

Regardless, I like it! :thumbup:

This is amazing. I love the level of detail and realness of it.

The use of Cars parts is really great. It adds liveliness to it just like the real ones.

The old style windows really make it like the real thing.

Anyways, great design and moc. :classic:

Edited by The Blue Brick

Excellent work as alway andybear@hk! The bus is fantastic and well suited in 8W, very detailed. Using the cars stickers was a very good idea. Also, very nice work on the bus stop. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Totally AWESOME 'andybear', such a cool bus and fully detailed too ! :excited:

But what need now is the characters from 'On The Buses' especially this guy...

HolidayOnTheBuses06.jpeg

How about next a black London Cab from the 1950's as well.....just challenging you ? :wink:

Again I'll say AWESOME work 'andybear' and Brick On ! :classic:

This is great. Love the old style windows and the studs-out front. NPU with the printed round tile from Republic Frigate for the bus stop sign!

Did you print the Tower Hill indicator sticker yourself? It's really nice, and accurate seeing as that is one of the few routes still using Routemasters.

What do you think of the new London bus design? I would love to try it in LEGO but uncertain if I have the necessary skill to do it well!

Very nice Routemaster, andybear, and a lovely scene. Well built with very nice details. However, I can't help wondering whether the similarities of the whole scene to my own are a coincidence.

Cheers,

Ralph

Very nice Routemaster, andybear, and a lovely scene. Well built with very nice details. However, I can't help wondering whether the similarities of the whole scene to my own are a coincidence.

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Really thanks for your kind comments. I had seen your master piece before, it is so great and impressive. In this creation I had tried my best to brick it in different way and use different parts to make it. Also I had made another classic London bus. Really hope that you don't mind there is some similar sense. :)

Very nice and very realistic. The front lower dash panel in particular looks great. And great use of the old red windows. The proportions on them are just right! I gave away all of mine to my nephews a few years back due to lack of use... If only I'd thought of doing a Routemaster!

I'm not sure that the front upper deck window looks right though. It's leaning back too much. The front of the top of a Routemaster is curvy above the windows and while the windows themselves do slope back slightly (maybe 5 degrees) I think your's is sloping far too much (at about 40 degrees?).

routemaster.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Hi Ralph,

Really thanks for your kind comments. I had seen your master piece before, it is so great and impressive. In this creation I had tried my best to brick it in different way and use different parts to make it. Also I had made another classic London bus. Really hope that you don't mind there is some similar sense. :)

Thank you. You've definitely given it your own twist and I am glad that my model was one of the things that inspired it. In turn, my model was inspired by a scene built by Firas Abu-Jaber.

I love the ticket machine, by the way.

Cheers,

Ralph

Totally AWESOME 'andybear', such a cool bus and fully detailed too ! :excited:

But what need now is the characters from 'On The Buses' especially this guy...

HolidayOnTheBuses06.jpeg

How about next a black London Cab from the 1950's as well.....just challenging you ? :wink:

Again I'll say AWESOME work 'andybear' and Brick On ! :classic:

Hey Lightningtiger that picture made me spill my coffee! But seriously was a good looking MOC. Definitely captured the look and feel of a London Bus.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Great job Andybear. Excellent use of the mini wing pieces at the front. They really capture the look. Funnily enough I was admiring Ralph's 7-wide routemaster pics only last night. See I like andy's 8-wide routemaster, but then I also like Ralph's 7-wide routemaster. But which is better? There's only one way to find out: FIGHT!!!

Great bus with some clever details. I also like the green bus-stop.

Edited by Asper

Great work. This really is brilliant. A classic peice of Britain. :cry_happy:

Edited by The Joker1

Very, very well done. I realy love the use of the old windows. Very well detailed. A great scene that would look well in any town. Thank you for sharing with such a lot of pictures. :thumbup::tongue::wub: