Ludzik

Narrow town house

So after being semi satisfied with the police station, I figured it's time to start building the actual city. This got me scratching my head as to what format I want my city to take and since I'm limited (for now) to a table space of 6ft by 2ft and change I figured I'll go with a narrow building style (something along the lines of San Francisco) where each floor is really a room and something and there are plenty floors ;)

With that plan in mind I started my build and here's what I have so far

14xl3jl.jpg

As you look from the front you can see an elevated door (there will be a small staircase/entrance steps that lead to the door. You can also see a window to the basement to the left of it. Oh yeah... before anyone questions window color, that's what I had handy for that floor :)

207ojrb.jpg

Looking from the top you can see the layout that includes a master bedroom (upper left) and a bathroom (lower right). There is also a small terrace/balcony that you can access from the bedroom.

I have also left a small area free so that I can start my stairwell to go up to the next floor.

The ground floor is going to have a living room area/main area at the entrance, stairway upstairs and a stairway downstairs to exit. Also small kitchen will be located in the upper left hand corner.

xpx2qd.jpg

Here is the back exit with the stairs leading down to it.

szbrsn.jpg

And lastly here's the shot from the rear of the building. You can see the door being located at the "ground" level.

1z4iwat.jpg

Couple more notes, there are no windows on the "main side" walls as the building is meant to be sandwiched between other buildings.

Nice start, though that purple Knight Bus window is a bit out of place eh ? :wink:

How tall will this house be ?

Will it have an interior with furniture ? :wink:

Keep going 'Ludzik' and Brick On ! :classic:

Nice start, though that purple Knight Bus window is a bit out of place eh ? :wink:

How tall will this house be ?

Will it have an interior with furniture ? :wink:

Keep going 'Ludzik' and Brick On ! :classic:

The goal is to go 3 stories + attic (or a loft). House will be fully furnished with TV's, cabinets, beds, couches etc.... I already started furnishing a bathroom on the first floor.

Regarding the windows, as you can see below, they are the least of my worries :) I need to start taking apart some of the creator houses that I have, as I'm short on some normal/matching building colors ;) I figure though that for starters I will get the layout and framework done and then I'll go after the proper colors (plus I might get lucky with a grab bag or some PAB stuff. Regarding the latter, I'm highly disappointed with the PAB contents recently. In last few days I visited four local lego stores (yup, I got four of them: one an hour or so away, another one about 40 minutes and two about 20 minutes from here) and wanted to take advantage of the buy big cup at the small cup prices and well... they had nothing from what I wanted....

kb6sly.jpg

10epxc6.jpg

I like the approach of using what you have to draft things, then you can properly figure out what pieces you need afterwards when you're happy with the designs. As long as it doesn't take too long to break something down enough to switch a brick over...

I like the approach of using what you have to draft things, then you can properly figure out what pieces you need afterwards when you're happy with the designs. As long as it doesn't take too long to break something down enough to switch a brick over...

It shouldn't be too bad as the outside wall shell is independent of everything. Also the next level stairs are not tied into the wall (yet :) )