Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #28: The Breakthrough

"Hah! Well you're certainly smarter than the last chap, he was here a full 20 minutes before he finally got it. Riddle 2:

Often much of me is found among the least. I am seldom achieved but long sought after for I am banished upon the mere contemplation of myself.

A little tougher this time," the stone face smirked, at least if that's what it could be called :wacko:

"Ah, thoughtless awareness?"

OoC: A really long series of Google searches based on thoughtlessness led to this. :laugh: I'm still trying to figure out how I got there.

"I can think about them, though I often shortly cease to experience them if I do think about them while experiencing them, so it's worth a shot: dreams."

"Ignorant bliss?"

"Honor?"

"Selflessness?"

"Where are you getting these?"

"He said it's something heroes seek but don't have. I'm listing your missing qualities."

Haldor stood up and turned to the stone head."The answer, is humility. Those less fortunate are usually more humble, and many men attempt humility, but when one thinks themself humble, they immeadiatly are not. This is something many could learn."

The stone head took a second glance at Haldor, "Well now, I wasn't quite expecting such an answer from you shirtless barbarian. Sir knight I would have expected such an answer from a Paladin like yourself. Ah well, final riddle:

Head in the sky, now face to the front

The sway of the brown and green sea beneath me is accompanied by the resounding roar

I quiver and rush as I smash into the coat

I am broken and watch as my brother is now sent to the same doom

I've been sitting on this one for an age mind you, but noble chaps like yourselves shouldn't have to much trouble I imagine."

"Waves? Rains? Can't we just lope this head off and go inside. Or just go inside and leave him alone. Have we tried the door? Is it locked?"

Nur chuckles. "Feel free to try your luck with the door but I don't think our decorative friend up their would like it too much. My proposed answer to your riddle would be an arrow in flight."

OoC: Fell asleep at the screen last night before I could send in my guesses for the second riddle(which were wrong). :oh3:

"Tis not any of these things, but I would think a knight is more familiar with this then any of you."

OoC: Yay I just noticed my name's in blue!

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I glance at Lawrence.

"Lord Boomingham, that wouldn't be very polite, now would it? I don't think Master Blue Hood would like that."

Turning back to the stone head, I reply,

"My first thought was a glacier, though 'waves' is a good answer."

The stone head took a second glance at Haldor, "Well now, I wasn't quite expecting such an answer from you shirtless barbarian. Sir knight I would have expected such an answer from a Paladin like yourself. Ah well, final riddle:

Head in the sky, now face to the front

The sway of the brown and green sea beneath me is accompanied by the resounding roar

I quiver and rush as I smash into the coat

I am broken and watch as my brother is now sent to the same doom

I've been sitting on this one for an age mind you, but noble chaps like yourselves shouldn't have to much trouble I imagine."

"You should learn not to judge people on their appearance, oh stone head. As for the riddle, I am not confident, but I believe that the answer is an icicle. The icicle's head is in the sky as it hangs from the glacier, above the sea. It shatters as it hits the ocean and its 'brother' falls after it in a chain-reaction."

"Ah so a glacier is like an icicle is it? I'm afraid that is still not the right answer. Icicles bah, annoying little things aren't they, hanging from your nose and you can't get anyone to brush them off for you in winter time. Bah... I may not be the best judge of individuals sirs, but I'm sure your Paladin friend has seen quite a few of the answer to my riddle in his days."

"The solution, I believe, is a Lance, used for jousting competitions. A weapon that Boomingham, being a knight, will have seen much of. The Lance's head is raised as the knight charges, and it passes over the brown and green sea of the earth. There is a crash as the lance collides with the other knight's coat of mail. The Lance is broken, and its brother, the foe's lance, is also broken.

Is that the solution, stone head? If this is true, then may we enter? See, one who was raised from a village of strong but surly warriors, can live with difference."

Edited by Scorpiox

"You've got a good head on your shoulders barbarian, you wouldn't mind stopping by now and again to have a chat with me would you? Balthazar rarely speaks a word to me these days, if you're going to have an enchanted watch door the least you could do is provide it with some conversation right? Go ahead in, the doors unlocked, always has been. Thanks for the entertainment chaps."

The party trying the latch find that it is indeed unlocked and enter the quarters of Balthazar Bluehood.

7040207729_9e91af8a6d.jpg

What would the Party like to do?

Noting the Magnifying Glass on the table, the armor, and what appears to be an elemental staff, I instruct the party,

"Alright, let's not go touching anything."

Raising my voice, I say,

"Master Bluehood? Are you here?"

There is a slight sound, but the Party is unable to detect where it is coming from. The party realizes that they will have to search around in order to find Balthazar Bluehood.

QM Note: Please state in bold where you would like to search and please be specific. It may or may not be helpful to remember that Balthazar is a mage.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Taking care not to step on Master Bluehood's fur rug or to touch any of his items, I take a look in the archway at the back of the room.

"Master Bluehood?"

Boomingham yanks up the rug and tosses it in a corner, looking for a secret lair.

OoC:If the desk and the items atop it aren't strewn all over the place...

Nur opens the blue vial with the saucer black lid.

"Lord Boomingham! Please, try not to make a mess." :distressed:

Making sure that those wooden panels are indeed doors, I attempt to open the one farther away from me in the right wall of the room.