puriri

[MOC] Castle Bridge

This is my second fantasy/castle creation: the Castle Bridge. The old bridge was said to have been build by the giants and spans the wide canyon of Medelus. As the canyon separated two great kingdoms the beige became a center of trade and cross-cultural interaction. As traders and farmers and armies crossed the bridge a vibrant community began to build their homes on, under, and into the bridge. Now it isn't only old masonry that holds the bridge up but a combination of years and years of construction.

7065464877_b40e44f3ac_b.jpg

The left side is one of vibrant color and life. A decade ago a huge arched building covered the bridge and became a base of shops but now it has crumbled to stubs and new houses fill it's windows. The kingdom on this side is one of trade and open air markets.

7065863017_c5f0f7dbcf_b.jpg

The right side is the fortified end. The kingdom that over looks this side has always been more interested in battle than peaceful living. A tall tower overlooks this end and makes sure no one that the kingdom doesn't want crosses over the bridge. A windmill on this side also supplies grain to the soldiers that have to live on the tower.

6919767322_de11b63536_b.jpg

The bridge is life to a whole rash of different personalities. There are tumblers, and shop owners, and knights crossing the bridge, even a princess or two.

6919711602_1642f45320_b.jpg

Hope you like it! Comments and criticisms are welcome!

It's a city in a bridge. I like all the different parts of a village all in the pillars. The different facades, the windmill. The red 'stone' of the bridge is cool and gives it a nice pop. It's very busy, but a good, organized type of busy.

Very interesting but difficult to defend.

The lower buildings might drown during a flood time.

Maybe you could raise them by adding some more stone levels beneath them? :laugh:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it!

Very interesting but difficult to defend.

The lower buildings might drown during a flood time.

Maybe you could raise them by adding some more stone levels beneath them? :laugh:

In my original plans I had two circular supports on each side that the buildings clung to the higher up it went. But with the space I had and the ability to build easy circles it evolved into this instead.