Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Quinn´s quest for the Earth element

Quinn was so excited when she was granted to search for the Earth element. The same night as her home coming party was held, she gathered Fahkr and Sealgair. Fahkr, the Kaliphin soldier who falled in love with Quinn when he met her in the Benoic Embassy in Kalphin. His love was so great but yet he kept it a secret, even for Quinn. Sealgair, the hunter who was Quinn´s dearest friend. The time they were apart felt like centuries for Sealgair. Sealgair was happy when she heard about Quinn´s plans. For the Kaliphin soldier the decision was easy. For Quinn, Fahkr would do anything and as long as they were toghteter he was happy.

The next day they said farewell to Gothia Castle and to Benoic and began the journey to Albion, the great Capital of Avalonia. There they met William in an old pub, a huge man with arms likes Quinn´s waist. He told them that in the Mystic Islands there were secrets and treasures all over the place. Quinn didn´t want treasures or secrets, she just wanted to fnd the one. The one Earth element that would bring glory for her, for her uncle and for the whole of Benoic. William mutterd and came back with an old script. -Look, he said. -On one of these three islands the Earth element should be located. But no one have ever been there. Tales of something evil have haunted the islands for centuries. - We must go there! Quinn was excited and jumped up and down. -Calm down girl! William was annoyed that her excitment drawed attention from the other guests in the pub. -We will go, but my payment is not cheap...

The three companions had now beceame four. Fahkr was annoyed, Quinn seemed to be intrested in William. In Williams mind the only thing was glory and gold, much gold! Quinn had promised him gold for a life time if he only led them right in the dangerous waters around the mystic islands. They searched all of the islands but it was not until they reached the third island that things became intresting. This island was also the smallest of the three and didn´t looked like it would hold the great Earth element. In the middle of the island a large temple was located. The temple was covered in dense vegetation. William began to clean up what looked like the entrance.

We are not alone, Fahkr wispered in Quinn´s ear. There is someone or something watching us. I can feel it in my body. - Let´s hope that they are friendly, Quinn said, trying to ease the tension but deep in her self she knewed Fahkr was right. From the moment their feets landed on the island she felt uncomfortable. -I found a door!, William sounded happy and showed them his work. In front of them was a large door, made of old wood. The door was easy to open and they stepped into the temple. In front of them was a large crypt covered in the same vegetation as outside. -Look, said William, the Eye of Avalonia! We are here! We are in the right place! To the right of them a large window was located. Known as the Eye of Avlonia.

7070355593_f29da28ec9.jpg

The compainons walked downed the stair. All except for Quinn, her eyes was stucked on the little shiny stone in the middle.

7070356259_8b24bab1d9.jpg

-I don´t like this plant, Fahkr said, and poked with his sword on the dense green vegetaion that covered the wall.

7070356889_873cae39cf.jpg

Do not touch anything! William was angry and let Fahkr knew it.

6924277620_05793ed06c.jpg

Quinn stepped down the stair, Fahkr guared the door as he was sure someone or something was watching them. William and Sealgair looked across the tomb waiting for someone or something to attack them. Quinn was close to the element now.

6924278008_f25872dcf3.jpg

Just a little more now, she thought and reached up at the pillar.

6924278528_025ca393ba.jpg

With a large crash the pillar felt in to the floor. Quinn quickly picked up the Earth Element and was stunned. Inside she saw..

7070358877_5be2f433cb.jpg

-What is this!? William looked down at a large pool of something sticky and watery. -Looks like saliva, Sealgair replied. But from what?

6924279534_c726ce0d04.jpg

Little did they know that the Guardian of the temple was the plant itself. And it was not ready to give up the Element!

7070359725_fe1035faf6.jpg

6924280234_0836b4f652.jpg

I choose to let my challenge end like this... The earth element was brought back to Benoic but how and by who will follow in my free builds!

C&C Much welcome! Thanks to Z for ideas and thoughts, SoT as always for interior designs. The idea for the Guardians is from

6843962940_be840a6482_s.jpg

Plants vs Plumbers! by powerpig, on Flickr

Edited by de Gothia

That's awesome mate, Well done ...so much to love in this build.

Best of luck. :thumbup:

Nice! Cool story and a great build :thumbup: Your guardians look great! As does the "eye of Avalonia"

Love the photography! Great work on those man-eating plants.

There are also a lot of nice tiny details on the interior. Well played. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice! Cool minifigs and the guardians and interior are also great! Its really fun to see the entries of challenge 3 coming along.

Great job! It is very evocative of an ancient temple's atmosphere and style. And a really nice job with all the plants too. Can't wait to see how they escape from this!

Good storytelling too, and really excellent photography; the quality of the pics on Flickr is excellent -- I'd encourage everyone to look at them on Flickr in the lightbox mode.

Well great minds think alike I guess. My water gaurdians are man eating plants howbeit different design and I also used the leafy plant shells (if thats what they are called) as vegetation in my jungle. Other than that our MOCs are quite different. What better gaurdian to stand the test of time and still remain in the same location as a plant? Great job! :thumbup:

Very cool build and story de Gothia! My only question to help unravel the mystery of the final battle is....How many of the adventurers returned from the quest?

Great entry!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! :classic:

Nice Marmot: Thanks! I try to improve my photos. My next mission is to learn to edit them in Gimp or Photoshop.. :classic: To have backgrounds like DC makes the mocs even better! :classic:

Mikel: Well my skills to build dragons are very lacking so I figured something old, something static and something blood thirsty! :wink: Can´t wait to see your moc!

Kayne: Hehe, that is a secret and will be revealed in a moc after I built my Albion street.

Great creation! :classic: Very creative, and an eye for detail. Like the windows, ornamentation, the minifigs and the base it's build on! And ofcourse not to forget, the guardians! Awesome idea. Altough it's not a dragon, I think it's as dangerous as one :wink:

Also nice to use quinn a lot in mocs as a second character!

attack of the killer tomatos *lol* really love this one!! Nicely created atmosphere, nice use of vegetation and a great story. Now I really wonder what it ends like.

Thanks again! Glad to hear you like it! This is the first time I´ve snotted the floor. Great to see how many different ways you can use your lego! :classic:

Nice work de Gothia. Your photography is excellent throughout. I love the foliage interspersed around the chamber, it adds a really old feel to the building. Your story is well-written too.

Good luck!

A very solid entry indeed! Lots to like here, the details throughout the room are very nicely done as are those windows and figs. Great idea on the guardian, love those killer plants, well built!

A great entry with a great story, you do your guild proud :thumbup:

Thanks for all your kind word!! :classic::blush: Can´t wait to see what you other builders come up with!

Great photography and characters! The entrance is awesome as well are your guardians.

Only thing bothering me is the stained glass window. It's too simple when you compare it to the rest of the build.

But: Awesome, as always. Challenge 3 might be the most contested one.

Best regards!