Sign in to follow this  
Lego Otaku

Interesting leaves color in LDD...

colored_leaves.jpg

This is via regular setting, not universe or anything. It seems LEGO is offering in addition to 3 shades of green and white, they also got yellow, black, and 3 trans-colors as well. I wish LEGO still had the buy option in LDD like they had in the past. LEGO has discontinued the option to buy creation from LDD, I guess not enough demand and too costly in the long run.

I checked LEGO.com's PAB, only bright green leaves are available.

So what's up with the new colors? And what other odd colored elements are available? Or is LEGO teasing us now that we can't import LDD file to buy creation?

Well, they stopped letting you buy anything since DesignByMe was cancelled. Apart from that. They offer for all parts some standard colors. I guess regular is targeted for kids and extended more for us AFOLs.

Since many of the parts in the basic LDD mode are colors that appear in actual sets, I wouldn't be surprised if the non-existent colors are ones that were perhaps created as test runs but never mass-produced for inclusion in sets. That would seem to be a likely scenario in my opinion. But no, LDD no longer has any connection to Design byME, Pick-A-Brick, or any other custom-ordering service offered by TLG. So obtaining the parts that haven't appeared in sets is not possible.