Solscud007

LEGO store Grand Openings

The Oak Park Mall LEGO Store in Overland Park has its grand open on June 1-3. :classic:

Edited by mathewos

The Oak Park Mall LEGO Store in Overland Park has its grand open on June 1-3. :classic:

Where did you see that?

The Woodlands, TX store will open the weekend of May 18-20. Here is the card I got about this build event:

I find it interesting they are building Buzz Lightyear even though Lego Toy Story is dead, but in any case I'm excited to go to my first Lego store opening.

Man you guys are so lucky. My store build is the lamest! (spongebob).

I believe Overland Park is already open. Many stores have what they call a "soft open" so that they can make sure all of the computers are working, work out all the kinks, that kinda stuff. Grand Opening date...not quite sure, but I'll see what I can find out.

Does anyone know if the Grand Re-Opening at the Anaheim store will be considered a Grand Opening for purposes of the exclusive LEGO Store set and/or minifigs pack promos?

I believe Overland Park is already open. Many stores have what they call a "soft open" so that they can make sure all of the computers are working, work out all the kinks, that kinda stuff. Grand Opening date...not quite sure, but I'll see what I can find out.

Awesome! Thanks.

Somewhat related, do ambassadors take suggestions for locations for Lego stores? If so, the St. John's Towncenter in Jacksonville FL would be a great place for a store! :sweet:

Considering what Dakar A asked, maybe a new topic is in order. but until an answer is received, questions and suggestions should probably go here. I would like to see a LEGO Store (LS) in Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, WA. Tacoma Mall has a Build-A-Bear Workshop (BABW), which is always busy every time I see it. So, I wonder, is every place that a BABW is doing well, a LS would also do well? They both cater to kids. Though teddies and blocks are very different toys, they're both loved by kids the world over. The only issue I can think of, is there's a TRU next door (sells LEGO sets), so that might be a reason to not open a LS at the T-Mall.

Somewhat related, do ambassadors take suggestions for locations for Lego stores? If so, the St. John's Towncenter in Jacksonville FL would be a great place for a store! :sweet:

Not really! I suggest you mention that each time you talk to a TLG person on the phone, for example when ordering on S&H :sweet: .

The Overland Park store page shows the T-shirt that you get if you spend 35 dollars but I think there is an error but you have to spend $75 to get the LEGO store set. Hopefully it's not true. Also the Giant build will be an 8ft yoda.

EDIT: I called LEGO and they said the store make the prices for these. So It could have been real or an error but a few days later they changed it to 35 dollars on the site.

Edited by mathewos

For anyone who has been to a Grand Opening, how early do people get there to wait in line? Are the limited exclusive sets gone in minutes?

For anyone who has been to a Grand Opening, how early do people get there to wait in line? Are the limited exclusive sets gone in minutes?

On the day they give the shirts out there was a line of 20 at my store and after it opened then lots of people came but you would be out by then. On the second day with the LEGO Store set the line was bad get there at least an hour early we got there 20 till open and stood in line for an hour. Also they only bring out a few of the set at a time so if you don't see the set they would most likely still have them in the back. I didn't go for the minifigs. They don't run out in minutes. :classic:

Edited by mathewos

On the day they give the shirts out there was a line of 20 at my store and after it opened then lots of people came but you would be out by then. On the second day with the LEGO Store set the line was bad get there at least an hour early we got there 20 till open and stood in line for an hour. Also they only bring out a few of the set at a time so if you don't see the set they would most likely still have them in the back. I didn't go for the minifigs. They don't run out in minutes. :classic:

Thanks for posting that. :thumbup:

It seems like the shirt isn't that popluar, but the mini Lego store set and minifigure set are. I'm debating on which day to go or if I want to go all three days. It'll probably be the only time I'll ever get a chance to go to a store grand opening, but I would just as soon pass if it means I'd have to get there hours in advance.

Thanks for posting that. :thumbup:

It seems like the shirt isn't that popluar, but the mini Lego store set and minifigure set are. I'm debating on which day to go or if I want to go all three days. It'll probably be the only time I'll ever get a chance to go to a store grand opening, but I would just as soon pass if it means I'd have to get there hours in advance.

I went to the Nashville opening about an hour after the mall had opened on Sunday; there was no line (walk in walk out with the minifigure collection). As far as which day to go, I would suggest going the day they give out the minifigs if you're into resell value. Because the minifigure collection is store exclusive while you can get the set at every opening, the resale price of the minifigs is much higher.

I went to the Nashville opening about an hour after the mall had opened on Sunday; there was no line (walk in walk out with the minifigure collection). As far as which day to go, I would suggest going the day they give out the minifigs if you're into resell value. Because the minifigure collection is store exclusive while you can get the set at every opening, the resale price of the minifigs is much higher.

Ok, cool. I think at this point I'll just go Saturday and Sunday around 9:30-ish and take my chances. Definitely not going to flip these as they're for my personal collection, but I had thought the minifigures were the most valueable ones.