Bingo Little

An Easter MoC

(Hopefully this fits in the historic forum, as, regardless of your religious views, it takes place in a historical setting)

This year I decided to challenge myself to make an Easter Garden out of Lego. As I built it, it became a series of Easter tableaus, showing different parts of the story (with slight adjustments made for each day):

7054698397_77611f577e_b.jpg

7054699647_eac17a3e04_b.jpg

The last supper.

6908608230_c001c4dfd2_b.jpg

Herod.

6908607854_5237c302f4_b.jpg

Pilate.

7054700551_24e06d0afc_b.jpg

Judas betraying Jesus.

7054705129_cb463ba0bc_b.jpg

7054705825_f6935b2a4e_b.jpg

6908614108_83ea1684cd_b.jpg

The Crucifixion

7054706391_a63097dc19_b.jpg

The... Saturday in which nothing much happens, I suppose.

6908616702_8ea4122fd4_b.jpg

6908617516_e17509cdea_b.jpg

The Resurrection

7054711213_8d2eed1b51_b.jpg

Wideshot.

Full album, if anyone wants to see more.

Thanks for looking :sweet:

Edited by Bingo Little

FANTASTIC this MOC is brilliant.(I love the sleeping guard in the Resurrection picture). :thumbup:

Edited by The Joker1

FANTASTIC this MOC is brilliant.(I love the sleeping guard in the Resurrection picture). :thumbup:

It took me long enough to get my hands on a roman, I almost gave up any hope of ever finding a sleeping kid - luckily I got them both at the same time.

That's my favorite picture too. That last picture is quite a surprise. The size of the MOC is impressive, as is the whole build. You depicted the story very well here. :thumbup:

That's my favorite picture too. That last picture is quite a surprise. The size of the MOC is impressive, as is the whole build. You depicted the story very well here. :thumbup:

The scenes such as the last supper, etc, are all built into the other sides of the MoC. Thanks!

am I right that the last supper images etc are taken on the "reverse" side of the hill and that the entire MOC for the Easter story is thus 5 sides (4 faces and the top) of the baseplate ? - awesome concept ! well done.

am I right that the last supper images etc are taken on the "reverse" side of the hill and that the entire MOC for the Easter story is thus 5 sides (4 faces and the top) of the baseplate ? - awesome concept ! well done.

You are indeed correct - it's more interesting than blank white wall faces!

Here are some pictures to show the concept better:

6908618816_370a489ee8_b.jpg

6908613274_4f7dbf2979_c.jpg

6908609620_c6706f6002_b.jpg

7054700401_0aa7884f4f_b.jpg

Love the flamming angel wings! :thumbup:

Edited by Rook

Wow! That's all put together.

Interesting way of depicting the last supper -> Christ's death -> Resurrection

It's really creative and well done.

This is really great. The whole thing is cool but I especially like that you used a fisherman at the last supper. And the angel is fantastic! (So cool you didn't use a stereotypical white feathery one)

What a neat idea. Building something like that would be a great way to share the Easter story with kids.

This is really great. The whole thing is cool but I especially like that you used a fisherman at the last supper. And the angel is fantastic! (So cool you didn't use a stereotypical white feathery one)

What a neat idea. Building something like that would be a great way to share the Easter story with kids.

Yes, the fisherman holding the meat looks like Peter, to me - although being strictly accurate, that torso uses buttons 1600 years too early!

As for the angel, I don't have the pieces to do it feathery, so I decided to look at some different depictions of angels... glad I did.

I'd love to share it with kids, but as I'm 18, I think that's probably a few years down the line rather than right now... :tongue:

Yes, the fisherman holding the meat looks like Peter, to me - although being strictly accurate, that torso uses buttons 1600 years too early!

As for the angel, I don't have the pieces to do it feathery, so I decided to look at some different depictions of angels... glad I did.

I'd love to share it with kids, but as I'm 18, I think that's probably a few years down the line rather than right now... :tongue:

Well, my husband taught sunday School in college :tongue: this would be great for a class. The jr hi class I teach would think this is awesome. Actually this is a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration, as my moc skills improve I might try something like this w/ jr highers.

Great MOC!

I love how you combined all the scenes in one moc, also figures are good :thumbup:

here's something I did some time ago that suits what you have built.

7058909017_79bbaf5db3.jpg

(if it should be posted somewhere else pm me)

Bingo Little,

Thank you so much for sharing your great MOC with us; it is very inspirational and tells the Easter story so succinctly. Well done. :thumbup:

My favourite photo is the one of Pilate washing his hands; very powerful.

Keep up the good work.

Very nice! Also great minifig you given Jesus!

Only by the resurrection I am not really sure about the minifig with the flames, but then again, it's a really great minifig! I love the flames looking like wings :thumbup: