Sign in to follow this  
quy

MOC: Kinkaku-ji

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

7059188001_4c2e98bea3_z.jpg

Kinkaku-ji by quý, on Flickr

Hey all, I just wanted to share the architecture model I created and finished as the Architecture contest comes to a close. I saw some very incredible entries and while I regret not entering myself, I was very inspired to build, something I have not been doing much this year.

A few days ago I started building Kinkaku-ji, a building from Kyoto, Japan that's very well known. I saw both CarsonBrick's and Cecilie's models, which I thought were great at the Lego architecture scale. Unfortunately, I don't have much skill building small, so I went a little bit bigger with my rendition.

The name means Temple of the Golden Pavilion, so like most of the builds of this famous temple I used yellow to get the bright golden color. This model was originally built for the contest, but during the build I decided to deviate from the standard Lego architecture style and just build it in my own style. I still use a few details typical of architecture sets such as the tiled border and the center nameplate.

Main view.

6913106358_1b95e29e97_z.jpg

Back view.

7059184273_4487606def_z.jpg

Close-up detail.

7059183059_f3482e4341_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I see Kinkaku-ji turned out to be a popular structure to build :laugh:. You have achieved a lot of nice detailing on the walls. And it's a third very different interpretation of the building. Very nice :sweet: