Sign in to follow this  
timslegos

TSATS: Pistenbully snow groomer with Kaiser Excavator

Hello Eurobrickers!

This is my entry into the Sail the Technic Sea contest, and Allanp is going to love all the pneumatics :wink: . I interpreted the prompt a bit differently as my model sails the sea of snow :wink: . The entry is a completely remote control 1/16 scale Pistenbully snowgroomer with a kaiser excavator on the back.

img_6034.jpg

The model has many remote control features, including:

1. right track

2. left track

3. blade up and down

4. blade rotate

5. blade tilt

6. compressor override

7. excavator slew

img_6038.jpg

The cab was the most difficult part for me to build, and it took several nights to get the proper shape. Overall I am pleased with the shape and detail of the interior.

img_6039.jpg

The model also has a ton of manual controls, including:

1. boom up and down

2. boom in/out

3. dipper extend

4. bucket curl

The excavator is slightly recycled from my previous walking excavator and it is a lot of fun to control. It is powered by a automatic compressor with the remote override, to keep the pump going even if the pressure valve turns it off.

img_6045.jpg

here you can see the switches for the excavator. Originally I was going to put the switches on the body of the groomer but I ran out of room so I put them here instead.

img_6055.jpg

You can also see where the battery box is hidden. Since I ran out of room in the body, the compressor and battery boxes were both placed inside the tracks on opposite sides.

Here you can see a profile shot of the whole model.

img_6063.jpg

And the original(i cant re-size it because it is not my picture):

snowgroomer_resized.jpg

Finally a video to show all the functions in action:

For more pictures visit the Brickshelf Gallery

For more WIP photos visit my Facebook Page

Thank you for the wonderful contest Siegfried!

tim

EDIT: Orig topic.

Edited by timr

Great MOC! It is almost unbelievable that you built so many functions in your snow groomer. How many motors did you use for it?

How many motors did you use for it?

2 xl for the tracks

1 m for the blade up and down

1 m for the excavator slew

1 m for blade rotate switch

1 m for blade tilt switch

1 r/c motor for the compresssor

A total of 7 motors :classic: .

tim

He's no longer Siegfried, he is now Sinner.:wink:

Nice job on your entry.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Wow - that is a super complex MOC...don't recall I have ever seen a model with both an excavator and plow/dozer blade on the front, incredible...great work on the model...

Hello Eurobrickers!

This is my entry into the Sail the Technic Sea contest, and Allanp is going to love all the pneumatics :wink: . I interpreted the prompt a bit differently as my model sails the sea of snow :wink: . The entry is a completely remote control 1/16 scale Pistenbully snowgroomer with a kaiser excavator on the back.

Thank you for the wonderful contest Siegfried!

tim

EDIT: Orig topic.

Edited by TechnicFreak

Wow - that is a super complex MOC

Thank you :classic: . the worst part was when one of the pneumatic hoses came lose on the compressor after the model was pretty much done. After much destroying of the exterior i finally found the faulty hose, which was the deepest part in the model :sceptic: .

tim

Naturally its always a part deepest in the model that comes apart...murphy's law comes into play here...

Thank you :classic: . the worst part was when one of the pneumatic hoses came lose on the compressor after the model was pretty much done. After much destroying of the exterior i finally found the faulty hose, which was the deepest part in the model :sceptic: .

tim