indexed.gif

This is my go at a (UK) Highways Agency Traffic Officer vehicle... :classic:

Let me know what you think...

6910629050_ededc4edff_z_d.jpg

6910631906_fc9a042ce1_z_d.jpg

for reference:

6894382687_547600a57f_d.jpg

]

Very nice, it looks just like an official LEGO set. I personally would probably have gone for trans-clear headlights and would have ditched the 1 x 6 black plate below the lamps, but that's just me. :sweet: All in all, it looks very much like the real thing, so good job on that!

I like the proportions and the overall feel but it should be yellow and black! I guess you're trying to replicate the high viz yellow by using green but I don't think it quite works.

I like the light bar. Simple but effective.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Thanks for all the comments, I can't take all the praise, as my inspiration came from the range rover model in the Horsebox Set 7635. :classic: Whoever at TLG designed that did all the hard work... :tongue:

All I did was a little cosmetics, lower the suspension and give it a lick of paint.... :grin:

Very nice, it looks just like an official LEGO set. I personally would probably have gone for trans-clear headlights and would have ditched the 1 x 6 black plate below the lamps, but that's just me. :sweet: All in all, it looks very much like the real thing, so good job on that!

Hi MetroiD,

I know what you mean about the headlights, although the reasoning behind the yellow is it gives the impression they are on. As for the lighting bar, the orange 1x2s would look to flimsy and loose.. :sceptic: How about the 1x6 in white, any better....?

7057506427_0e008fb345_d.jpg

I like the proportions and the overall feel but it should be yellow and black! I guess you're trying to replicate the high viz yellow by using green but I don't think it quite works.

I like the light bar. Simple but effective.

Cheers

Rog

Hi Rog, I dont think that Lego yellow is the right colour either as it seems to be the best for construction vehicles, the lime is the closest I could think of... :sceptic: Here's a little colour comparison between the Lime / Colour & Yellow / Colour.

Police

6911410400_71dc92e2be_m_d.jpg

Fire

6911405216_f3e6337c20_m_d.jpg

Paramedics / Ambulance

6911416358_64903d0006_m_d.jpg

Highways Agency Traffic Officers

7057484841_af4e7a6242_m_d.jpg

cheers

CB

Edited by CamelBoy68

Your example photo doesn't show the colour properly. Under proper lighting the yellow is bright yellow exactly like Lego yellow. Only in poor light does it get the green hue to it. Google Highways Traffic officer images and you will see more that are yellow than off-yellow.

I thought the light bar looked better in black

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

It looks great. The shape of the Land Rover fits the vehicle from 7635 nicely. You also did a great job 'painting' it. The only thing I'd change is the white bar on the top of the car. I'd go with a black one, or maybe use gray bar and gray plates with clips. Well done.

AWESOME vehicle ' CamelBoy68 ' ! :excited:

Be great to see more 4x4 is those other colours, as well as other vehicles and of course a motorway. :wink:

Brick On Drive On ' CamelBoy68 ' ! :classic:

Your example photo doesn't show the colour properly. Under proper lighting the yellow is bright yellow exactly like Lego yellow. Only in poor light does it get the green hue to it. Google Highways Traffic officer images and you will see more that are yellow than off-yellow.

I thought the light bar looked better in black

Cheers

Rog

I get where you're coming from and I agree the lime doesn't quite match the fluorescent yellow, but to my eye the Lego Yellow & Black make it more like a wasp/bee which doesn't look right either, now if we could only mix them together.... :classic:

I would build it in yellow for comparison purposes, but the Slope 65 2 x 1 x 2(at the rear of the car) doesn't come in yellow... :angry:

indexed.gif V-LP-10D

I've had a play about with it this afternoon and produced my own version using yellow instead of lime. I think it works really well and it much closer the colour in real life. I have also modified the rear end with a full tailgate and orange/yellow high viz markings.

I just need to sort out a Traffic Officer and some cones....

FRONT:

Img_0270.jpg

5925936201_71c0986302_z.jpg

REAR:

Img_0271.jpg

5985495242_f9e3333e96.jpg

TAILGATE:

Img_0272.jpg

6832734660_812d7b33d7.jpg

Excuse the quality of the photos. My camera has died so I have used my phone instead... :sad:

Cheers

Rog

I've had a play about with it this afternoon and produced my own version using yellow instead of lime. I think it works really well and it much closer the colour in real life. I have also modified the rear end with a full tailgate and orange/yellow high viz markings.

I just need to sort out a Traffic Officer and some cones....

I like the tailgate :thumbup:

I would lower the body a bit to make the wheel/arches look closer.

I also like the clear headlight :thumbup: , that has sold me

I'm still not sure on the yellow though :sceptic: but it is closer than the lime...

I think the yellow is an improvement.

The lime green can work well on a UK ambulance (as you can see here), because there the colour has to be different from the yellow used for the body, but for police vehicles and this traffic officer's vehicle, yellow is much nicer. I also like the chevron markings on the tailgate. I think you've definitely raised the standard of the model. I wouldn't lower the mudguards. They are quite closely wrapped around the tyres on the real vehicle, but the bit of space you have now makes it look much more like an off-roader than if you were to lower it.

Cheers,

Ralph

Nice work, all of the creations look awesome. Looking at these I might mod my copy of the black horse box towing vehicle into a SWAT team truck for the police................

Very nice build, perhaps the only thing which I would change would be swapping the black wheel arches for the new wheel arches in 4438 or 4441 in bley. Otherwise great job!