After introducing my Mini Version of the LEGO Technic 8110, I have to build another Version. A Fire Brigade Truck, inspired by VFracingteam's Unimog.

Its main features are as follows:

- Front PTO with water cannon

- Water tank and pump

And this is what I came out with.

Mini_Unimog_Fire_Brigade_01_small.jpg

The Unimog is used in rough terrains and with the snorkel it's able to cross small rivers. The water cannon lets the firemen extinguish the fire from inside the cab.

Mini_Unimog_Fire_Brigade_02_small.jpg

The roof contains some tools and the "water pump" which is an old Pneumatic Spring Cylinder. Its main advantage over the new pumps is the ability to suck in the water.

Mini_Unimog_Fire_Brigade_10_small.jpg

A Pneumatic Airtank is used to store the water.The pump can be lifted to be operated easily and is stored when not in use.

Mini_Unimog_Fire_Brigade_13_small.jpg

The most important part of the pumping mechanism is the Pneumatic Distribution Block 2 x 4 with Non-return Valve. There is the tank insert on the left, pump in the middle and the water outlet on the right.

Mini_Unimog_Fire_Brigade_07_small.jpg

More detailed pictures to be found on Brickshelf and further information on my blog.

It's a Fire Truck, so it has to be able to extinguish fire. To proof its ability I made a short video.

Best regards,

laix

Edited by laix

A nice MOC for cuusoo, small with a couple of pieces and easy to build but sure not easy to design.

Thanks for all your comments. I experienced some problems with the old pneumatic parts, like the high pressure in combination with water. Therefore, I would love to see TLG producing some water pumps like Playmobil did. This could be a nice project on CUUSOO :wink:

playmobil-4825-loeschtrupp-mit-druckpumpe.jpg

After introducing my Mini Version of the LEGO Technic 8110, I have to build another Version. A Fire Brigade Truck, inspired by VFracingteam's Unimog.

Best Laix

that's a amazing Mini Unimog firetruck you build and looks the same as my big version off it and i love all the functions you get into it at that scale :wub:

Keep going buiding mini moc's :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Greetings Edwin

VFracingteam

123_2333_1_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

I've just finished the LDD-File for my Unimog. I used colored round Plates to show you where to connect the Hoses.

It has also been added to Rebrickable.com :wink:

Edited by laix

On his laixEngineering website, laix recently posted a "THW-Version of my Mini Unimog Fire Brigade...."THW (Technisches Hilfswerk) is the Federal Agency for Technical Relief of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its statutory tasks include the provision of technical assistance at home and humanitarian aid abroad...."

"Its main features are as follows:

- 9V power supply with "generator" and light towers [using Power Functions LEDs]

- Trailer with lifting mechanism

- Boat with raiseable propeller and hatch

And this is what I came out with:"

Unimog_THW_1.jpg

Read more about it here; more detailed pictures are on his Brickshelf gallery. Download the Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf Building Instructions file to build one yourself! :classic:

Unimog_THW_4_Boat_Trailer.jpgUnimog_THW_9_Lights_Generator.jpg

Edited by DLuders