Sign in to follow this  
riversarl

Architecture Contest: Florence Cathedral

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My entry is a microscale build of the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower in Florence, complete with belltower and Brunelleschi's awesome double dome. My favourite building ever, I've made LDD designs at several scales over the years. If only the dome and roof pieces came in dark/burnt orange!

duomo4.jpg

duomo1.jpg

duomo2.jpg

duomo3.jpg

florence-duomo.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That building seems strangely familiar. I'm pretty sure I climbed up it and killed someone once... or that may have been a video game :tongue:

...anyway, that's pretty nice and some of the features (especially the front entrance) are really cleverly done. Good work!

Very nice entry. I love the way you constructed the dome, it was a unique solution to the elongated hemisphere. Most of all though this brings back some fond memories of when I visited Florence five or six years ago. Really a beautiful city. :sweet:

A building which really should be included in the Architecture series and I love how you've managed it at such small scale.

Thanks for the comments everyone! If an official version was released by Lego I'd buy it in a heartbeat :tongue: Give us some Italian buildings, I'm sick of Franklin Lloyd Wright!

That building seems strangely familiar. I'm pretty sure I climbed up it and killed someone once... or that may have been a video game

The absolute highlight of Assassin's Creed 2 :sweet:

I like your model for its small size. I think the smaller replica requires more creativity from you to build this. I can spend much time while looking over your MOC. :classic:

So beautiful is it! Excellent replica of this cathedral! :thumbup:

Thanks all! I had a lot of fun trying to squeeze in details at microscale. The original design was slightly larger and featured a an elongated 'studded hemisphere' for the dome.