Sign in to follow this  
blakeatron

Bought large job lot - no instructions!

As title just purchased a large job lot including 8285 tow truck, 8431 mini crane, various bionicles, extra motors and pumps and what I hope is a 8421 mobile crane.

Various searching makes me think I have got the parts - but unless I am being a bit daft I cant find any instructions for the 8421 anywhere!

Do most sites just link to the same PDFs that lego produces? I'm wondering if any have better quality than Lego - I'm planning to build cafe corner and the Lego.com PDF is pretty rubbish quality

They are available on Lego S@H I would bet too, click Customer Service at the bottom of the page, and click building instructions, then enter 8421, believe they go back to 2002, 8421 was released in summer 2005. I have an extra set, slightly creased from usage (shipping would cost though) if you would like the Lego officially released instructions, built my 8421 and they are just sitting in a box along with tons of other instruction booklets for newer and older Technic models. But I'm betting you have already downloaded them, offer's open though if you want.

My bad, for some strange reason they aren't listed on Lego S@H instructions entries. That's plain odd considering they have just about every set's instructions available on their official site.

As title just purchased a large job lot including 8285 tow truck, 8431 mini crane, various bionicles, extra motors and pumps and what I hope is a 8421 mobile crane.

Various searching makes me think I have got the parts - but unless I am being a bit daft I cant find any instructions for the 8421 anywhere!

Edited by TechnicFreak

Brilliant thankyou! Now to print of all the parts lists and have a massive sort out!

Whoa... I wouldn't even consider that.

You are...MUCH better off downloading Brickstore and using that to inventory the sets. I purchased a bulk auction (I do often) and there were 6 different harry potter sets to sort (it was a mindstorms auction believe it or not). Just download the software and click import (change it to all sets) and then enter the set number. You can manipulate the parts in a million different ways and have an easy to sort list to check BL for prices/availability.

You wont regret the 10 mins it takes to get familiar with that program.

Plus, its basically mandatory when trying to build custom MOC's.

@Lemelisk - I've come into a set I need to rebuild and found it on Peeron and also at the post below yours, but from what I can tell you have to print the instruction pages 1 at a time, that would take hours, is there a source where they are page to page, pdf style? I would like to be able to print the pages one after another w/o having to click print on each page. Anyone have ideas on this? Both websites noted have excellent quality scans.

Thanks, Eric