Sign in to follow this  
echax

Architecture Contest: The Great Pyramids of Giza

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My entry for the contest is a replica of The Great Pyramids of Giza. It is a model for the Landmark series, being one of the 7 wonders of the world! It is the oldest one of them, too. It was the tallest structure in the world for 3,800 years. Most people agree that it was created by simply dragging stones from a quarry and lifting them onto the structure. It is actually built from approximately 2.3 million blocks of limestone.

STATS (Real life)

Height: 146.5m

Base: 230.4m

Construction: Around 2560 BC.

REAL LIFE PICTURE

The pyramid of Giza is the largest of 3 main pyramids in the group. They are set in a beautiful scene of Egypt, in the desert.

post-27822-133396309166.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF MY CREATION

My version has a dark entrance, inviting you in to the scariness that awaits...just kidding! The pyramids are a great place to visit, especially if you like it nice and hot! At the top is a golden crystal that many people have adventured to get, but all have failed, with disastrous results...(cough)death(cough). It is surrounded by thick dunes of sand.

IMG_7537.JPG

TOP VIEW OF MY CREATION

Here is a view of the top of my pyramid. With 8 layers, it's an ultimate climb for extreme people. Even the sand comes up to the bottom layers, making it hard to even reach it!

IMG_7538.JPG

Edited by Rufus
indexed

I've added image tags so your model pictures show, but to be eligible for the contest you must post a picture of the 'real' thing. See the tutorials in my signature if you're not sure how to do this.

I've added image tags so your model pictures show, but to be eligible for the contest you must post a picture of the 'real' thing. See the tutorials in my signature if you're not sure how to do this.

I have posted the photo on that URL. Simply click on it! Below the PS is a link to the photo.

I have posted the photo on that URL. Simply click on it! Below the PS is a link to the photo.

You have to show the image. I can't do that for you. If needs be, add the image as an attachment.

You'd better do this quickly, or your entry won't be included.

You have to show the image. I can't do that for you. If needs be, add the image as an attachment.

You'd better do this quickly, or your entry won't be included.

Phew! Sorted! I've put the photo on now