Masked Builder

[MOC] "Houston, We Have A Problem."

7053619087_74c4bd6f92_o.jpg

7053619167_a98bb648d5_o.jpg

Houston on the monitor talking to the Astronauts.

7053619225_3756434bb4_o.jpg

Houston in focus now.

7053619265_09edccbb7d_o.jpg

This has to be my favorite part of this MOC, it came out just as I imagined it.

7053619315_ab31603145_o.jpg

It's an eye.

7053619369_1437484b2d_o.jpg

The astronaut is trying to fight it back, maybe that's not such a good idea....

7053619437_3f07ef5731_o.jpg

Here's what the rest of the scene looks like. It's all for the inside shots.

7053619475_40df89d32a_o.jpg

Here's a bonus picture of with a space scene on the monitor. Wait, what's that?! Flare! Why is there a dead Canadian in my MOC again?!?

7053619633_5dbefa8417_o.jpg

The "problem."

This song goes very well with the MOC.

----

I got this category two days ago, and boy this was a fun build! It all started with the idea of a monster ripping apart a door with an eye, and Houston on a monitor in the back ground. First thing I built was Houston then the wall that backs up to Houston. Then I moved onto the floor and the back wall. The ADU guys just seemed to fit perfectly.

I was asked to build from this blurb:

19. Houston, We Have a Problem

These famous words must be illustrated through your creation. Not too much rules for this one, just make sure you can tie it in with the phrase.

Flickr Set

Built March 2012

Masked, this is just awesome! The pictures are brilliant. My favorite is the second one. The guy with his arms positioned like that really gives a sense of panic, along with what you can see of his face. The whole thing is nice, the glimpse of the....thing trying to break through is very much like the Alien movies,where we get a glance of the aliens. The dead "Canadian" and planet out the window is great. Great use of the globe.

Great work Masked! My favorite part is definitely the Alien sneaking in. :wub:

Hello!

Very eye-catching scenes! It's simply great when the door slowly slides open... :grin: I also like the photographic effects with the blurry fore/background. Great scene, great photo skills! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks everyone!

Masked, this is just awesome! The pictures are brilliant. My favorite is the second one. The guy with his arms positioned like that really gives a sense of panic, along with what you can see of his face. The whole thing is nice, the glimpse of the....thing trying to break through is very much like the Alien movies,where we get a glance of the aliens. The dead "Canadian" and planet out the window is great. Great use of the globe.

Wow, you sure wrote a lot! I feel very honored. :blush: I'm glad you like it so much.

How do you know ir is a Canadian?

It was something my friend did and I just copied him for the fun of it. I have nothing against Canadians though. :wink:

Great work Masked! My favorite part is definitely the Alien sneaking in. :wub:

Sneaking? More like breaking....

Hello!

Very eye-catching scenes! It's simply great when the door slowly slides open... :grin: I also like the photographic effects with the blurry fore/background. Great scene, great photo skills! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks Legostein! It took some time to get all of the shots right. :sweet:

Excellent creation 'Masked Builder', that eye takes the cake. :grin:

Brick On while fighting off those aliens 'Masked Builder' ! :grin:

Sneaking? More like breaking....

Sneaking, Breaking, same thing. :laugh:

I'm Canadian :cry_sad:

Despite that, I still liked the moc.

Very clever perspective work. Does the MOC come apart to easily take pictures?

The monster is really well done, the eye and the claw is very convincing. Only thought to make it cooler would be to make it ripping through the wall instead of opening a door... though that would be way way harder to do.

Also great colour scheme, the white /dark red gives it a sterile space station type feel. Works well!

My least favorite part is probably the dead Canadian - not that it's Canadian - but it seems tacked on and doesn't really do with the main concept / idea... now if you had a alien thing wrapped around him ... makes more sense... it just seemed a tad forced...

Though I still enjoyed the build over all :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

Sneaking, Breaking, same thing. :laugh:

You're hopeless. :poke:

I'm Canadian :cry_sad:

Despite that, I still liked the moc.

Very clever perspective work. Does the MOC come apart to easily take pictures?

The monster is really well done, the eye and the claw is very convincing. Only thought to make it cooler would be to make it ripping through the wall instead of opening a door... though that would be way way harder to do.

My least favorite part is probably the dead Canadian - not that it's Canadian - but it seems tacked on and doesn't really do with the main concept / idea... now if you had a alien thing wrapped around him ... makes more sense... it just seemed a tad forced...

Like I said above, I have nothing against Canadians. It was something to do to poke fun at Flare. :wink:

Yes it does, all of the walls were attached using some of these on each side of the wall.

Thanks, I more imagined it as him trying to part the doors as the Astronauts are madly pushing the close button, but I see where you're going with that.

Hm, yeah I see what you mean there, I'll take details like that into consideration for next time. :sweet:

Brilliant alien pushing the door open. Really innovative!

Thanks! This is probably my favorite MOC to build this year. :sweet:

It's remarkable how different the amount of support and comments are here on Eurobricks compared to MOCpages. Compare 9 comments by others here to about 50 on MOCpages.