Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

REVIEW: 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle

76 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Terrible, like having your brother try to destroy the world.
    • Pretty Bad, like waking up after seventy years asleep in some ice
    • Average, like not having superpowers, but instead being Scarlet Johansson
    • Pretty Good, like having Agent Coulson save you while buying donuts.
    • Awesome, like being a billionaire genius playboy philanthropist!

Eeeek! Narcissa Malfoy what do you think you're doing? That polyjuice potion isn't working! Bring back Natasha Romanoff!

But no seriously, poor black widow :sadnew:

Edited by Otherworld

This set has really grown on me, but I still don't like the Quinjet itself too much. It still looks like a great build and I want to get it for a parts pack, but I probably couldn't afford that. I really like the interior details; I don't buy Star Wars too much, but I have been disappointed with the medium-sized ships because of their interior and the lack of care under the wings (even with the T-6 Jedi Shuttle).

I'll definitely be buying this--most likely to get the promo Hulk. True, Black Widow's horrendous, but I'm blaming the face--when will LEGO learn that lines make minifigs look old?! :laugh: I definitely want to see some other fleshie faces on BW to see if they look any better.

True, Black Widow's horrendous, but I'm blaming the face--when will LEGO learn that lines make minifigs look old?! :laugh: I definitely want to see some other fleshie faces on BW to see if they look any better.

Time to pull out the Brasso, eh?

This set looks great. While I agree that the minifig lineup could have been better, it's still an awesome model and a great way to pick up a good number of the Avengers if you haven't gotten any of the smaller sets. It is a little pricey, though, so I won't be picking this up anytime soon.

Thanks for the very detailed review! :thumbup:

Thanks for this nice review! :thumbup:

I think they did a good job on the Quinjet myself. The price point is pretty good but some more figs would have been nice. I like the details in the cockpit and cabin, especially the fire extinguisher :laugh:. Also the little storage area is great for storing crates or Avengers. Iron Man & Thor look great. :wub:

I don't like the chariot at all though. :sceptic:

This is another set on the buy list....at least there is only going to be six Marvel sets this year, it shouldn't break the bank. :blush:

Six known sets that is. :wink::grin:

I originally planned on getting the full wave this year, but after looking at the set more with this extensive review, I have since changed my mind. Maybe, just maybe if the price comes down a bit I will consider it, but then again maybe not. I originally was going to get this and bricklink the Hulk from his set, but I might decide to get the Hulk set and then consider bricklinking Black Widow..or make my own purist version.

Thanks for the review. It showed a lot of what I was interested in seeing. The jet itself looks quite nice. I think it is a nice resemblance and it looks durable enough. The interior detailing of the cockpit looks nice as well. I don't particularly care for the multiple Lokis or aliens, so this will be a pass I think. I passed on the Batcave also which is interesting.

Nice review! I got this set about 10 days ago and I was looking for a second opinion. I think it's a great set, with one exception - the rear compartment like you said is too narrow (only 4 wide) to accommodate either the Hulk or Cap's Cycle. I'm a real big fan of combining sets so this was disappointing. The rear compartment is really only good for storing extra super heroes who don't get a seat, or, if you wish, captured super villains.

I also think a disappointment in the wave as a whole is a lack of a Nick Fury fig, and I think the blame should fall the hardest on this set because it's the most expensive and the only exclusive fig is Black Widow, which in itself isn't too exciting. Adding a Nick Fury fig as well would have really put this set into the "must have NOW!!" category rather than the "I should get it" category :tongue:

Nice review, Tereglith! :thumbup:

I love this set, except for Black Widow. She looks so old :sick: !

Quick question: does this set contain the Cosmic Cube?

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Nice MOC, Tereglith! :thumbup:

I love this set, except for Black Widow. She looks so old :sick: !

Quick question: does this set contain the Cosmic Cube?

MOC? But I didn't design any of this... :wacko: Did you mean review?

Anyway, no, it doesn't contain the Cosmic Cube, another slight disappointment. However, that's just another tick mark in favor of buying Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, which does have Hawkeye, the cube, another Iron Man suit (perfect for the Tony's Lab MOCs that I'm sure will be popping up any day now) and a very nice companion vehicle for the Quinjet. Looking it up on Bricklink I was surprised to see that the trans-clear 1x1 only appears in very old sets, and then two this year (aforementioned LCCE and the Town Hall).

MOC? But I didn't design any of this... :wacko: Did you mean review?

Anyway, no, it doesn't contain the Cosmic Cube, another slight disappointment. However, that's just another tick mark in favor of buying Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, which does have Hawkeye, the cube, another Iron Man suit (perfect for the Tony's Lab MOCs that I'm sure will be popping up any day now) and a very nice companion vehicle for the Quinjet. Looking it up on Bricklink I was surprised to see that the trans-clear 1x1 only appears in very old sets, and then two this year (aforementioned LCCE and the Town Hall).

Oops, sorry. I put put MOC by accident, but I do mean review. I'll edit it now.

love the look of this, I think it'd be a good basis to try and make a firefly-class ship too.

Thanks Tereglith! I appreciate the time and effort you've put on such detailed and rigorous review! ;)

Hope you're enjoying the other sets of the line too! ;)

Take care

love the look of this, I think it'd be a good basis to try and make a firefly-class ship too.

Funny thing: I saw the Avengers movie yesterday ( :thumbup: ) and afterwards my wife also said the Quinjet reminded her a lot of the Firefly Class ship. Actually, she was joking that it WAS the Serenity.

Without spoiling anything: the Lego version of the Quinjet is very good, and only (very) inaccurate in just a couple of 'interesting' aspects (naming one these aspects would in fact BE spoilerish, though).

Just saw the movie today, was exellent. It's a shame the model doesn't have the VTOL rooters/fans on the underside, the underside is quite plain actually.

And having seen the movie, I can't work out what the differences are that'd spoil anything??

Edited by mrklaw

Wow that is realy a great set and an excelent review, gotta get one of those puppies in my hands.

But there is an off-topic question that I have. Since I saw the movie on friday, I cant remember anyone in the movie saying that this is the quinjet (maybe I just missed it). I know a lot of sites (official and unofficial) and toys state it as the quinjet, but for me it looks more like a S.H.I.E.L.D. jet, since the original should be constructed by Tony Stark. Could someone, please, clearify this for me.

Edited by Daimar

Nice review. It's a nice set overall, and it's a bit bigger than I thought it would be.

After seeing the movie, Black Widow looks very odd. Face aside, the blue highlights don't really fit, and I think they tried to put in too many details. Oh well.

Awesome review! The only qualm I have with this is the black widow face,it looks nothing like Scarlet Johanson!The torso also is a slight dissapointment. Yes it resembles her outfit but misses some crucial details,like the red belt buckle that is her insignia,instead it is blue and it should be red! The set itself however is really well made as it seems to embody a lot of the design from the movie.The drone however is useless as it never even features in the movie :wacko: ! If they had extended the seating area that would have been much better :sweet:. I'm getting this and the Batcave for my birthday and they both look awesome :wub:

Edited by legofreak86

My Walmart just did their reset, and for some reason marked the Quinjets down to $35. Got the last one.

I also saw a customer had filled their cart with new Ninjago sets, also marked down.

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm eager to get this set but I need to know the measurements first so I know if I can put it in my Besta or Detolf Cabinet for display.

Especially the wingspan and lenght from the cockpit to the rear.

I'm sure someone more experienced will give you much better measurements, but I just gave my model a quick measurement in studs. With the wings and nose fully out, 45 studs from nose to tail, 47 studs wingspan. In other words, it'll just fit on one of these:

http://cache.lego.co...LEGO/628?$main$

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm eager to get this set but I need to know the measurements first so I know if I can put it in my Besta or Detolf Cabinet for display.

Especially the wingspan and lenght from the cockpit to the rear.

Hi cammo

Fits in a detolf no problem - had mine hanging through the hole in the top for ages!