Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heroica RPG - Quest #27: Badger Badger Badger

"Good job! I think Namyrra should get the ether core, I already have two and she uses much more ether than me."

"Thanks Maurice, I appreciate that, and I really do need that ether core if I'm to keep up all this spellcasting. :wink:"

"Cleric Ratibor, as Ms Uq has the lowest ether, I shall give her the core. A Bone and Venom are your options." Tesni handed the core over to Namyrra.

"Cleric Ratibor, as Ms Uq has the lowest ether, I shall give her the core. A Bone and Venom are your options." Tesni handed the core over to Namyrra.

"Well, I guess I'll take the venom then."

The heroes head onward. The tunnels twist and turn in all directions, surrounding the heroes with nothing but damp walls and the occasional sleeping bat. Just before the path takes a Southern turn, the heroes see a wall with one of the strange symbols. It appears to be pointing North, but the wall is surrounded by other walls on every side except South.

7071596737_e5f634a2bf_o.jpg

Will the heroes simply continue on the path?

The group continues following the path South and after a short distance the hallway turns North again. When they round the corner they see a locked gate. Maurice tries to shine the light through and they can just make out a few hallway paths beyond the gate. With a little deductive reasoning, the group feels that the previous symboled wall is directly on the other side of the wall to the left of the gate as they look at the gate. There is also a symbol on the wall to the right of the gate and the path in front of the wall continues to the East.

6953859328_c1b474aa46_b.jpg

What will the heroes do?

"So, anyone else want to hit the gate? This is an obstacle and I just, y'know, smash them." Tesni hefted her sword and looked to the other party members.

"So, anyone else want to hit the gate? This is an obstacle and I just, y'know, smash them." Tesni hefted her sword and looked to the other party members.

"Tesni, you're the strongest of us, feel free to give that padlock a good smashing."

"Maybe we could try to do this a more calm and professional way" Eric said. The turned their heads away from the door and to the Nord, who was leaning against a wwall, arms crossed over his chest. Calmly he walked towards to the gate. "Since I'm half of a Rogue now, maybe I can pick the lock?"

Eric squatted down and tried his hand at picking the lock.

Eric fiddles with the lock and he hears a little click from inside. The lock is rusted but it does seem to fall slightly. After some struggling, he manages to get the rusted thing off the gate. He tries to open the gate, but the gate only rattles noisily. The sounds echoing down the corridors. Eric feels around on the other side of the gate, but there is no other lock, it just seems to be stuck.

"Okay, everybody stand aside, I shall apply Magic." Namyrra then proceeds to cast an Earth spell at the stuck gate.

Namyrra lets loose with an Earth spell. The gate groans and creaks, shifting a little bit on it's rusty hinges. When the creaking stops, the heroes can hear something that sounds like footsteps running on wet stone.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

7102575109_165917be4e_o.jpg

Sewer Gate

Type: Mechanic

Level: 0

Health: 276/300

Special: Rebound - The attack rebounds off the metal sending a shockwave through the attacker's weapon (if handheld) for 1/2 damage to the attacker. If the attacker is using a ranged weapon, the attack will ricochet and hit a random ally for 1/2 damage. Magic attacks ignore this special.

* Every round after Round 2 an enemy will arrive behind the gate.

Party

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq, Level 16.5 Evoker (quarryman)

Power: 24

Health: 22/23

Ether: 10/21

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 8, sleep-effect), bone-staff (WP: 3), Gems: Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet. Scrolls:

Blindness. Other items: 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, 2 Smelling Salts, venom, bedroll, bone, 2 Phoenix Essence, Mead, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Elixir,Ether Core

tesniav2.jpg

Tesni Hightribe, Level 21 Berserker (peppermint_m) *Party Leader*

Power: 35

Health: 21/37

Gold: 262

Inventory: Dryw ar Zoot, Longsword (WP:14), Mockthril Shield (SP:5),Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 11, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Phoenix Essence, 4 Potions, 3 Mead,4 Venom, Nostrum, Timekeeper, Bone

heroica_maurice02small.jpg

Maurice Ratibor Level 15 Cleric (etzel)

Power: 19

Health: 24/24

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 382

Inventory: Mace WP5 - Helmet +1 max. health - Scroll of Sleep - 2 Potions - 2 Tonics - 2 Ether Cores - 2 Remedies - 2 Phoenix Essences - 2 Venom - Floral Bomb - Water Bomb - 2 Fire Bombs - Diamond - Bag of Holding [box 1] - Torch - Bone - Elixir

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric, Level 17.5 Raider (khorne)

Power: 28

Health: 17/32

Gold: 109

Inventory:Godricsleif (WP:11; Ice-elemental); Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin axe*, Lightning-elemental); Scroll of Sleep; Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (2x); Smelling Salts (1x)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemey not targeted will get a free hit at the end of the round.

"Right, that at least seems to have had some effect. I'll follow up with a lightning spell from the back row."

(OoC: 1: Raiju, 4: lightning spell)

"And Eric, may I suggest that you hit that silly gate with your axes? Looks like they could hack it to pieces pretty easily."

Eric kicks at the gate after his failed attempt to break it open. After Namyrra's attack made the gate come to life, Eric readied his Grom, his axe.

"Could you give me a heal, cleric? I doubt we'll be able to take down this gate in one turn and I'd like to be fully fighting fit for whatever is coming at us! Since it's just a gate we're battling..." Eric paused as he said that, only noticing how silly it sounded after he spoke the words. "Anyway, I doubt the gate can do much to us, so we can use this turn to do healing and all that"

EDIT: Hadn't noticed your post Quarryman.

"If we are going to try and take it down, count me in. Just say the word, Tesni"

Eric will attack the gate from the front row, using Grom.

Edited by Khorne

Maurice gave Eric a look of surprise and mistrust, did the Radier really expect a heal from him?

"You should've stocked up on potions before you left for this quest, Eric. Well, for the sake of our mission I'll heal you, but you better start be of some use soon or I might not be as kind next time."

Maurice made himself ready to heal Eric from the back row.

"Alright, looks like smacking it down was the best idea!" Tesni laughed and threw her blade against it from the front row.

Tesni

Eric

Namyrra

Maurice

RESULTS FOR ROUND ONE

Tesni vs. Sewer Gate - War Cry

Eric vs. Sewer Gate - Ravage

Namyrra vs. Sewer Gate - Spell (lightning)

Maurice vs Eric - Critical Heal

Hearing the footsteps running toward them, Tesni lets out a mighty war cry to encourage all her allies for the coming fight. Eric swings at the gate so hard that he manages to dislodge a hidden bag of 46 gold from it. Namyrra fires off a lightning spell and Maurice somehow has the grace of his god heal Eric as good as new.

Sewer Gate

Health: 154/300

Special: Rebound - The attack rebounds off the metal sending a shockwave through the attacker's weapon (if handheld) for 1/2 damage to the attacker. If the attacker is using a ranged weapon, the attack will ricochet and hit a random ally for 1/2 damage. Magic attacks ignore this special.

* Every round after Round 2 an enemy will arrive behind the gate.

Party

Power: 24 *Encouraged*

Ether: 9/21

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 8, sleep-effect), bone-staff (WP: 3), Gems: Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet. Scrolls:

Blindness. Other items: 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, 2 Smelling Salts, venom, bedroll, bone, 2 Phoenix Essence, Mead, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Elixir,Ether Core

tesniav2.jpg

Power: 35 *Encouraged*

Inventory: Dryw ar Zoot, Longsword (WP:14), Mockthril Shield (SP:5),Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 11, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Phoenix Essence, 4 Potions, 3 Mead,4 Venom, Nostrum, Timekeeper, Bone

Power: 19 *Encouraged*

Ether: 18/19

Inventory: Mace WP5 - Helmet +1 max. health - Scroll of Sleep - 2 Potions - 2 Tonics - 2 Ether Cores - 2 Remedies - 2 Phoenix Essences - 2 Venom - Floral Bomb - Water Bomb - 2 Fire Bombs - Diamond - Bag of Holding [box 1] - Torch - Bone - Elixir

eric_2_small.jpg

Power: 28 *Encouraged*

Health: 32/32

Gold: 155

Inventory:Godricsleif (WP:11; Ice-elemental); Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin axe*, Lightning-elemental); Scroll of Sleep; Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (2x); Smelling Salts (1x)

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

"Once more with feeling!" Tesni slung Dryw against the iron gate, they had no time to dally

Same order

Eric was at full health and confidently he attacked the gate once again from the front row, using his axe.

RESULTS FOR ROUND TWO

Tesni vs. Sewer Gate - Furious Hit

Eric vs. Sewer Gate - Special Damage

Namyrra vs. Sewer Gate - Special Damage

Maurice vs Sewer Gate - Miss

Tesni starts off the round with a Furious attack on the gate, dealing a lot of damage but the rusty thing still hangs on it's hinges. Eric swings viciously at it but hits a solid post that sends vibrations through his axes and rattles his bones. Namyrra fires off a spell at the gate but it goes in between the bars, striking a wall beyond. Maurice somehow misses the gate even though it is not trying to escape from him.

From out of the darkness, the footsteps get louder and finally come to a stop in front of the gate. A dirty man with an eye-patch yells through the gate at the heroes "What do you think you are doing down here, you'll pay for this intrusion!" and he pulls out a thin black tube and loads a feathered dart into it.

The party can still hear more footsteps running in the distance beyond the gate.

Enemies

Sewer Gate

Health: 84/300

Enemies behind the gate: only ranged weapons and spells can affect them. There is a 50/50 chance of missing with ranged weapons, spells are not affected by this chance.

6960224262_5134267651_s.jpg

Thief

Type: Humanoid

Level: 15

Health: 40/40

Special: Critical Strike - The thief manages to get a shot on the target in a critical point, dealing 2x damage.

* Every round after Round 2 an enemy will arrive behind the gate. Until the gate is destroyed.

Party

Power: 24 *Encouraged*

Ether: 8/21

tesniav2.jpg

Power: 35 *Encouraged*

Power: 19 *Encouraged*

Ether: 18/19

eric_2_small.jpg

Power: 28 *Encouraged*

Health: 18/32

Gold: 155

Eric muttered some curses after his failed attack and then charged the gate again, repeating his previous attack.

"Hm, so more and more enemies will appear behind the gate after every round. Is it really worth it to continue this way when we could just go right instead? If we decide to continue the fight I will attack the gate again."