Sign in to follow this  
jhc2nmfn

build help hogwarts 5378

Hello, i was wondering if anyone who has put this set together could answer a question for me. I just finished it and have a few extra stickers. I looked back through the instructions and cant seem to find where they go. I have two stickers that go on 1x2x5 bricks left. They are red with a hogwarts crest at the top. It came with four, but and i used two but cant seem to find where the other two go. I also have 2 1x1 gryffindor shields and a slytherin shield and a larger slytherin sheild. Does anyone know if these are supposed to be extras or if theres a spot for them? i ve never had a set with extra stickers before. Thanks in advance.

My guess would be that the 1x2x5 stickers would go in Dolores Umbridges office, although I'm not 100% sure since this is the one Hogwarts castle that I don't have. :laugh: Not too sure about the others, sorry. I really wouldn't worry about it though, it's not that big of a deal. Plus, I never apply stickers to my sets anymore, I save them and use them on a creation if I want to.

I can confirm that they're extras. I build the set a couple of years ago and I also had 2 curtain stickers extra, although there are already 2 of them applied to some pieces in the castle. The others are also extras I think. They can be quite handy for MOCs some time. :thumbup:

Extra stickers are nice and all, but when you don't have enough stickers is an issue, like when I bought the Burrow. There was a sticker missing.

i would be very upset if i bought a set and didnt have all the stickers lol. I actually got extremely lucky getting this set. I bought a bulk lot of new legos on ebay and about half the peices were there so i bricklinked the rest and built it. The only thing that was somewhat expensive was the minifigures. I think the worst part of getting huge lots like that is that its hard to tell the greys apart. I dunno if i have bad vision or what but i have to keep one of each light greys/bleys and dark greys/bleys next to me so i can compare the peices to figure out which color it is.

I just started collecting legos again around december ( I collected them when i was younger but stopped for awhile). The first theme i wanted to collect was harry potter and after putting this castle together i have all the castles. I d like to get my hands on the goblet of fire sets (horntail, graveyard duel, the merpeople set and then the shrieking shack, siruius blacks escape and pivet drive. I think i ll be a happy man once i find all those set. ( Im also really excited to put together the new diagon alley set. I ordered it the other day so it should be in one day this week hopefully.

Im not sure what ill do after i track down the sets i want. Im sure its quite a bit of time away and quite a bit of money away also lol. Anybody have any ideas of good themes to collect next?

i would be very upset if i bought a set and didnt have all the stickers lol. I actually got extremely lucky getting this set. I bought a bulk lot of new legos on ebay and about half the peices were there so i bricklinked the rest and built it. The only thing that was somewhat expensive was the minifigures. I think the worst part of getting huge lots like that is that its hard to tell the greys apart. I dunno if i have bad vision or what but i have to keep one of each light greys/bleys and dark greys/bleys next to me so i can compare the peices to figure out which color it is.

I just started collecting legos again around december ( I collected them when i was younger but stopped for awhile). The first theme i wanted to collect was harry potter and after putting this castle together i have all the castles. I d like to get my hands on the goblet of fire sets (horntail, graveyard duel, the merpeople set and then the shrieking shack, siruius blacks escape and pivet drive. I think i ll be a happy man once i find all those set. ( Im also really excited to put together the new diagon alley set. I ordered it the other day so it should be in one day this week hopefully.

Im not sure what ill do after i track down the sets i want. Im sure its quite a bit of time away and quite a bit of money away also lol. Anybody have any ideas of good themes to collect next?

The Diagon Alley set is an amazing set. Also, the Burrow is a great set too. I got three of them :tongue: It might be quite expensive to collect them all but if that's what you're into, go right ahead. If your into building your own creations, I recommend buying current sets since they will be a lot cheaper.