Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

Architecture Contest: Kinkaku-ji

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My entry is based on the Landmark series and is of the Japanese Zen Buddhist temple Kinkaku-ji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion) in Kyoto.

6904213218_ced49a44cb_z.jpg

6904212966_c739b18123_z.jpg

6904212678_ebe69e80a6_z.jpg

And a picture of the original.

640px-Kinkaku3402CBcropped.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great work even though it is only small you have managed to capture all the details really well. :thumbup: I think some scenery along the grass section on the side would look nice but thats just my opinion. :classic:

Love this! The yellow looks amazing, a colour you would not think of using if you were building a temple.

Great work even though it is only small you have managed to capture all the details really well. :thumbup: I think some scenery along the grass section on the side would look nice but thats just my opinion. :classic:

Thanks :sweet:. I did think about including some scenery, but I ended up deciding against it. Maybe I should have, but I don't have time to do anything about that now anyway.

Love this! The yellow looks amazing, a colour you would not think of using if you were building a temple.

Thank you :sweet:. The golden yellow is what makes this Temple so special in my opinion, it really makes it stand out.