Sign in to follow this  
castor-troy

MOC: Irish Pub

I'm new on this Forum and this my first post.

I present an irish pub in the style of the famous café corner.

pub_v2_1.jpgpub_v2_17.jpg

Edited by castor-troy

Hey castor-troy, welcome to Eurobricks! Now this is my favourite kind of introduction - straight to the point and, wham, there - an awesome MOC!

I've been looking at reference pics for Irish Pubs myself for quite a while now; planning on building one later on - which is why I absolutely love your depiction of it. Very realistic and, obviously, with the general brown colour scheme of the first floor and added greenery here and there, it is just spot on. My only suggestion would be to consider putting up a some sign or shield of sorts next to or above the entrance. Don't get me wrong, "PUB" works fine, especially in combination with the mandatory Irish flag, but from what I've seen in real life, those kind of pubs generally also use lots of signs depicting harps, clovers or misc leprechaun accessories, so I think some of those would work really well there. Then again, there's always the issue of cluttering up the facade too much, and this one looks perfectly fine as it is right now...

Oh, and great idea on combining the building's third floor with the Cafe Corner and having a natural progression of sorts. They really do look brilliant; what a sweet complex - so does that mean that the third floor here also provides hotel accommodation? :wink:

By the way, do you have any pics of the interior? I'd sure love to see those minifigs order their draught beer. :sweet:

I'm limited to 100k global upload quota...

I'd recommend using Brickshelf or flickr to upload your pics (as opposed to using EB's limited storage space), and then you can just deeplink the images from the respective site in your Eurobricks thread. Here's a thread with info on how to upload pics to flickr and then link to them here on EB. If you need any assistance with that, just ask away. :sweet:

Wonderful work 'castor-troy', the exterior is great but the interior even better. :grin:

It totally has the feel of an Irish pub, plus I too welcome you to EB....hope more MOCs like this will be coming forth. :grin:

Brick On ! :classic:

Nice MOC. I like how it connects with Cafe Corner with ease. Having a pub in any city scene is essential. The color scheme works well. I really like the simple booths on the inside, exactly what I would picture.

Keep up the good builds.

WOW! Way to come out swinging. This is brilliant. The way it blends in to Cafe Corner, like it was a part of the set. Your addition to 10184 Cinema is great too. The "PUB" sign is quite reminiscent of Grand Emporium. The interior is nice and crammed, just like a good bar should be. :classic:

Welcome to EB forum. Lately, irish pubs are a common sight, and yours is a nice one. I like the colour combination of the first floor, but the interior is what interests me the most. I like how you managed to include everything and made it look a busy place. Well done! :thumbup: