Sign in to follow this  
TheRedGuy

Mass Effect

MELogo.png

Wiki

So, do you like the trilogy or not? What class do you play as? What is you favorite character? Why does the ending for the 3rd one suck?

Discuss Below! :classic:

P.S. I'm not against the ending, I think it's fine as it is.

Edited by TheRedGuy

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

I didn't mind the ending as much as internet outrage had led me to believe I would. I still enjoyed the game enough to have already started a fresh playthrough of all 3 games & DLC.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

I don't really have any problems with the ending myself, it's just a joke as every time you hear "Mass Effect 3" you hear "Retarded ending" Edited by TheRedGuy

MassEffectfans.jpg

6OCCi.jpg

I've completed ME2 on the PS2. It's a fun series and i'll pick up 3 at a later date.

I've played the first two extensively, haven't had time on ME3 yet (LEGO gets in the way).

So I can't comment on the third, but the first two is some of the finest game-story telling I've experienced.

And with that I won't open this thread again till I play ME3 ;)

MassEffectnerds.jpg

*Snippity snip snip*

I've completed ME2 on the PS2. It's a fun series and i'll pick up 3 at a later date.

LOLDAMNNERDS

*Ahem* I'm sure EVERY life form in the whole world has sweat that smells like Megablocks. (<- I see what you did there)

Edited by TheRedGuy

I have played all three games, the first two multiple playthroughs even. Without a doubt, the games have had some of the best storytelling in a videogame, I can't think of any better, at least. I definitely enjoyed the games, and while the ending of ME3 is in my opinion a giant failure on Bioware's part, I still enjoyed the many hours it took to play through that game as well, making it money well spent, regardless.

With spoilering as little as possible, I wish they did the ending like they did it with Dragon Age: Origins. People who played that game know at the end of the game, you had little paragraphs of text describing the fates of the characters after the ending of that game, accompanied by concept art/nice game scenes. I think that would have made ME3's ending just so much better, and it could not have been to hard to do. The current ending is just so... unsatisfying, maybe?

Edited by Scubacarrot

I have played all three games, the first two multiple playthroughs even. Without a doubt, the games have had some of the best storytelling in a videogame, I can't think of any better, at least. I definitely enjoyed the games, and while the ending of ME3 is in my opinion a giant failure on Bioware's part, I still enjoyed the many hours it took to play through that game as well, making it money well spent, regardless.

With spoilering as little as possible, I wish they did the ending like they did it with Dragon Age: Origins. People who played that game know at the end of the game, you had little paragraphs of text describing the fates of the characters after the ending of that game, accompanied by concept art/nice game scenes. I think that would have made ME3's ending just so much better, and it could not have been to hard to do. The current ending is just so... unsatisfying, maybe?

The ending is so.. open :tongue:

Remember, if you read it at least, the Devs never said this was the end for Mass Effect, this was the ending for the Shepard Storyline arc.

I finished ME3 a few days ago and i didn't think the end was unsatisfying.. difficult yes, but not unsattisfying, so i started another char in ME1 and going through it all again :laugh:

With this in mind, ME3 DLC, what wil it be? and , what will the future bring to the Mass Effect universe?

Prequel story arcs of Liara, Garrus, Wrex, Thane, Jack, Miranda, Cortez, James, Legion, Ashley, Kaiden, Mordin, Tali, Kasumi, Zaeed, Jacob, Samara/Morinth, Joker ?

The rise of power of the Illusive man?

Andersons fall from being a Spectre?

The First Contact War?

A lot to be explored and do yet, maybe not as Shepard, but the universe is bigger then one man, even Shepard couldn't save the universe alone :wink:

And for example

:laugh:

I think the biggest letdown is that every decission you made counts for nothing, the ending is still the same

Edited by BasOne

MassEffectfans.jpg

Wh... what the hell did I just read?

Look, never mind. I was one of the fans who was disappointed by the ending of Mass Effect 3. Not just because it wasn't the ending I expected or was hoping for, but because the ending just... didn't make sense at all to me. Everything you had worked for throughout the entire trilogy, just thrown away thanks to the aftermath of the end-game events. I am thankful that the fan response regarding the ending was so intense that it actually succeeded in prompting a modification of the ending.

For those unaware, Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is Bioware's response to the fans frenzy, which will add extended scenes and more closure to the endings. It doesn't change the endings, which is fair enough, but it will hopefully elaborate on the more 'wtf' points they left us with and provide answers. Oh, and it will be free.

There's also Mass Effect 3: Resurgence, a free (Again, free. Really. The last thing I was expecting from EA... :tongue:) multiplayer DLC pack that adds 3 new weapons, 2 new maps, and 6 entirely new character classes including Batarian and Geth characters. A pre-release image was leaked a while back, which turns out to have been true after all. Look forward to playing that in 2 days as it releases on the 10th of this month.

***Spoilers***

I loved the Mass Effect trilogy, but the ending was absolutely awful and if you go back and look at some of the quotes from Bioware before they released ME3 there's plenty that are, to put it bluntly, flat out lies. The ending is riddled with plot holes that make absolutely no sense, while your choices made throughout all three games are completely disregarded. The cohesion of the story is destroyed. Instead of Shepard solving the problem, a brand new character is introduced in the last 5 minutes of the series(the god child) and it solves the reaper issue, not to mention the ending changes the reapers from omnipotent individual nations to tools of the god child who wipes out organics with ridiculous circular logic. It was an extremely disappointing and nonsensical end to what was otherwise a very good video game trilogy.

Edited by Destroydacre